NEW FOR 2011

Guest Millennium

I'm not sure if Beast1979 is still in denial, but it has been announced that CP will get a WindSeeker/star flyer for 2011.

Say it with me:

CP will not get a coaster, and its okay

I'm not sure if Beast1979 is still in denial, but it has been announced that CP will get a WindSeeker/star flyer for 2011.

Say it with me:

God, I don't want to get into another pointless fight. I'll leave it at this:

Cedar Point has said nothing official. No where has it been officially announced what they're getting for 2011. You acting like you know for certain what they're doing makes you come off as a jerk. Saying I'm in denial is not only incorrect but you might as well be asking for another flame war.

Guest Millennium

I'm saying this: I've watched dozens of facts come out that support a WindSeeker/star flyer. Now a company announces they are building one for CP. Do you really think that is made up? ... We will see Tuesday..

Guest rcfreak339

^You really are coming off a complete idiot/jerk. I can't wait until CP announces something that is not a WindSeeker, parks love to toy with us. Nobody that is a public guest knows what is coming, don't act like you know everything.

..Because, Hey you don't.

^You really are coming off a complete idiot/jerk. I can't wait until CP announces something that is not a WindSeeker, parks love to toy with us. Nobody that is a public guest knows what is coming, don't act like you know everything.

Agreed! And sure, the clues point to a WindSeeker, but I am not totally convinced that is what Cedar Point is getting.

Guest rcfreak339

I didn't really mean it in that I don't think CP is getting a WindSeeker because I think they are but what I meant is that Millinium doesn't need to act like a jerk in every post.

I didn't really mean it in that I don't think CP is getting a WindSeeker because I think they are but what I meant is that Millinium doesn't need to act like a jerk in every post.

I agree. In a lot of your replies I feel like your being very rude. No need for that.

Guest Millennium

First off, I didn't mean to be rude at all in my first post. I apologize if anyone misunderstood. It seemed to me that Beast1979 seemed to be changing things for his wishes for a coaster.

rcfreak339, Do you have a problem with me? I'd be more than happy to talk with you through PM about this, as every post I have made you seem to criticize. In the last day, I'm talking about you spamming my thread with rude pics and now this. That was a day in length.I'm going to end it here just to not let this topic get any more off topic.

We will see on Tuesday.

Guest Millennium

^It's been cleared up already, but thanks. I'm trying to get this back on topic. And until any of those members voice who they are it won't matter to me :)

Knotts, Canada's Wonderland, and CP are all getting big attractions. I can't see CF installing more than two..

Now the Toledo Blade covers the patent dispute:

...Dennis Speigel, president of International Theme Park Services Inc., of Cincinnati, said StarFlyer-type rides cost just more than $2 million each and do not require a large area like a roller coaster....

"We've spoken with the folks at Cedar Fair and my belief is we're going to work it out," said Tony Handal, a lawyer for Cottingham Agencies, the U.S. patent holder on StarFlyer for Funtime Group. "We have a patent and it's a remarkable ride, newer technology. I couldn't imagine Cedar Fair wouldn't respect our rights in this."

Mr. Handal said Cottingham wants Cedar Fair either to buy a StarFlyer or pay a licensing fee for using technology it claims infringes on its patent....

Cedar Fair spokesman Stacy Frole said the company had no comment on the controversy or statements by Funtime. "We haven't announced the ride yet, so there's nothing to comment about," she said. The announcement on the ride is to be made Tuesday....

Jeff Putz, a Web site operator for PointBuzz, a Cedar Point fan site, said the patent controversy is now the hot topic among parkgoers.

"There had been a lot of rumors beforehand about what the ride was," he said. "So far, people are talking more about the controversy than the ride."

http://toledoblade.c...8/-1/BUSINESS04

Terp points out there is no categorical denial of the situation by the Cedar Fair spokesperson, who would want me to mention the ride, her name or almost anything other than to post this...

Go read the article at the link, not just the quoted section.

The article, among parts not previously quoted here (to keep within the fair use provisions of the copyright law) includes:

Headline:

New Cedar Point ride's patent being disputed

First Sentence:

Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky had intricate plans to use the social media site Facebook as the place next week to unveil its newest ride for 2011.

And:

...Funtime Group of Bundall, Australia, claims it thought it had a deal with Cedar Fair LP to build a 400-foot high StarFlyer ride to debut at Cedar Point in 2011, but now the Sandusky park plans to buy a Wind Seeker from Mondial World of Rides of Terband, the Netherlands.... (emphasis added)

http://toledoblade.c...8/-1/BUSINESS04

You really MUST read articles in context, not just the quoted section. Either that or improve your reading comprehension skills! :)

Well if a Star Flyer is $2 mil, I would guess that a Wind Seeker would not be substantially more than that. This leaves a lot of budgeted CapEx for the other parks. Personally I would like them to spend wisely and work on righting the ship. Oh wait the ship ride is for sale.

If only the Captain of that ship was for sale...instead of trying to sell out the unit holders for $11.50 per (and totally unexpecting a Mutiny of his Bounty...)

Oh, wait...he did try to sell others out to Apollo...while keeping booty for himself and his son, but it was knott to happen. Whut happened? That, no doubt, was his Q.

Terp, of the long memory

Whoever happened to BUY that Captain if he wishfully WAS for sale, would certainly be getting a sub-prime purchase!! I do find it interesting to note that, at least from what is said in that article, a certain person of Sparks seemed to be close to correct when throwing a 400 foot Star Flyer shot in the dark a few pages back that some vehemently stated could not possibly happen. As Terp says, breaking down and Interpreting the correct things is always an advantage.