NEW FOR 2011

On KIC Day 2008 they said they go by rotation of "Big, Medium, Small" Obviously that means just a flat for KI 2011 and a new roller coaster for KI 2012!!!!!

There is no pattern to additions... <_<

And I belive that was Mr. Gramkie who said that and also said that Vortex woulnt be standing in 2010. Ask Terp he knows all about his White Lies.

I consider a "modern" wooden roller coaster a coaster built by a modern company, such as GCI, Intamin, or the Gravity Group. Old fashioned ones seem like regular out n backs to me, like Racer, Blue Streak, etc..

Maybe I shouldn't speak for everyone else, but a wood coaster built by any of the three companies I mentioned would definitely get me to come back to CP next year.

Very true, if a wooden coaster was built by PTC. It's most likely not going to be a very modern coaster if you know what I mean.wink.gif

Shoot I wish there was a pattern, Cedar Point got 3 amazing coasters in 4 years (including Millennium and Dragster).

Now we've got 1 (Maverick) in 7 years and it looks like it's going to be 8 because 2011 is looking like a flat/thrill ride of some sort.

If we don't get a coaster in 2011. Are we going to get one in 2012??? I mean StR in 2010 was $11,000,000 and whatever flat is going in in 2011 is probably going to be a big chunk of change. Back to back to back $10M+ rides in this economy seems doubtful.

lol, i'm one of the biggest supporters of snoopy (that's only seen the holiday specials and read the sunday comics, that is), i just figured you meant by actually installing something new, not making the area better as a whole with fresh paint and new awesome statues/ park benches. :D

Guest Millennium

Shoot I wish there was a pattern, Cedar Point got 3 amazing coasters in 4 years (including Millennium and Dragster).

Now we've got 1 (Maverick) in 7 years and it looks like it's going to be 8 because 2011 is looking like a flat/thrill ride of some sort.

If we don't get a coaster in 2011. Are we going to get one in 2012??? I mean StR in 2010 was $11,000,000 and whatever flat is going in in 2011 is probably going to be a big chunk of change. Back to back to back $10M+ rides in this economy seems doubtful.

Keep in mind Wicked Twister, installed in 2002, cost less than Shoot the Rapids.

Of course I want a coaster, but I'm not anticipating one at this point.

oh, i believe it, giving everything a fresh coat of paint, removing all traces of nick, replacing the walkway's with cobblestone/brick pavers, construction cost of having all the new signs built, and buying all the new statues and park benches.

i believe it completely

edit: and i forgot about the new entrance sign, along with the installation of snoopy's starlight spectacular.

Keep in mind Wicked Twister, installed in 2002, cost less than Shoot the Rapids.

And the Prowler cost even less than Wicked Twister

Just goes to show that rides aren't rated on how much they cost. It goes on how good the ride is. SOB cost 20 million big ones and look how that turned out. Prowler only cost 8 million dollars. Also, there's a nine year gap between the debut of these coasters.

On KIC Day 2008 they said they go by rotation of "Big, Medium, Small" Obviously that means just a flat for KI 2011 and a new roller coaster for KI 2012!!!!!

There is no pattern to additions... <_<

And I belive that was Mr. Gramkie who said that and also said that Vortex woulnt be standing in 2010. Ask Terp he knows all about his White Lies.

Now, now. Let's be fair to Mr. Gramke...what he said was no doubt the truth when he said it. Plans change. Deciders change. Decisions change. Budgets change. What is true today may not be true tomorrow...it was ever thus and always will be.

And then one day, GASM is suddenly gone. Just one example...a story that would not have happened under Mr. Shapiro...just as a planned hotel in a park parking lot disappeared when Messrs Snyder and Shapiro appeared. Now, Mr. Falfas is gone...that will have an impact. The day will come when Mr. Kinzel the elder is gone, too...sooner than some think...

^ Absolutely.

It could be the very much rumored boardwalk.

How would that "go after the thrill seeker" and be something the "teen market will really enjoy"?

It's all about perception & interpretation.

It could be the start of the rumored boardwalk, and will also have rides.

STOP! It is getting worse, If I bust out in song while in public tonight its your fault laugh.gif

At Morey's Pier they have a flume ride that part of it goes beneath the boardwalk. It is themed and has music playing ... you guessed it "under the boardwalk" it was perfect.

I wonder if they could pull off an amusement pier?

When we were at Morey's, Jack Morey was talking about how they were noticing that other parks were adding boardwalk areas. They have a real board walk, there is no comparison.

That might be a tough one, unless they make it all cement which would be VERY costly.

The ice that forms on Lake Erie, and just the winter in general, wrecks havoc along the shoreline not only destroying wood piers, but the beaches, docks, channels- pretty much everything man-made after only a couple of years.

The winter repair bill just for Presque Isle State Park (Waldameer is at the entrance to Presque Isle) is usually near a million every year.

The winters on PI is truely nature's fury at it's best.

http://img62.imagesh...2/imag0042r.jpg

http://img267.images...0/imag0041y.jpg

http://coasterbuzz.c....aspx?id=812427

(I saw links to these pictures on pointbuzz.com, I didn't take these pictures, and I'm not claiming ownership)

I don't know if anyone has seen these pictures, but these flags extend from Ocean Motion all the way out to the beach. I'm going to continue to doubt that this is a flat ride, especially after seeing these.

Along with this, does it strike anyone else as odd that Cedar Point would announce a flat ride as early as August? I don't know, just throwing this out there. Does anyone have any info on The Prowler or Renegade and when construction on those coasters began?

The early announcement, the flags, the promise of a ride for thrill seekers, and a nostalgic ride, I'm going to put my money on a GCI Woodie themed after the Cedar Point Cyclone.

Guest Millennium

Did you forget the comments about there being more to thrill rides than roller coasters, and that it will appeal to teens? ^