New B&M concept

A new B&M prototype to Gardaland.

imgRAPTOR.jpg

Roller coaster is the Enlish translation for Roller Coaster. Gardland is happy with the new spectacular ride in 2011:

X-Raptor - The most extreme coasters, The flight that pushes boundaries.

Trapped in a terrifying flying beast that has demolished the country, with an adrenaline flight of terror through the forrest and farms, meanwhile you try to escape from this ferocious animal.

* Seats are located on the side of the track

* Underground station and departure

* 2625 feet track

* 100 feet high with a nauseating climb.

* 90 ° turn on high speed

* Very close to spectacular obstacles

* Flight grazing over a lake with water-effects

* 2 spins with a feeling of weightlessness.

You can see construction photos here....

http://www.gardaland...?id_gallery=314

Have fun translating   :D

when i first saw that picture, i thought that b&m decided to take a stab at arrow's 4th dimension coaster, but i guess not, because in that artwork it doesn't look like the seats can move like the ones on x/x2, but hey, that might just be the artwork doing that though.

when i first saw that picture, i thought that b&m decided to take a stab at arrow's 4th dimension coaster, but i guess not, because in that artwork it doesn't look like the seats can move like the ones on x/x2, but hey, that might just be the artwork doing that though.

I agree. Looks like B&M is trying to do just about the same exact thing from that picture. What would be so stinkin' funny is if it turns out to be a hit design and then all the parks start to buy it instead of the Arrow/S&S 4th-D. The main reason would just be due to the name brand and you have to add B&M's amazing reliability.

^Are you sure? I thought BGT was getting a ride like Drop Tower in 2011?

It doesn't look that new to me.

BGW is getting the drop ride... BGT is getting a new coaster, possibly named Cheetaka, and is thought to be a launched Intamin, possibly using the WingRider style trains.

The concept art certainly looks good. I know that B&M will engineer this type of coaster better than either S&S or Intamin, so reliability shouldn't be too big of a concern unlike the other 4Ds out there.

The first thing that really caught my eye was the 2,625' (800m) track. I'm very curious as to how they are going to fit all of those elements into that length of track! Of the rumored projects going in next year this one has my piqued my interest more than everything thus far, including the new BGT coaster.

I agree. Looks like B&M is trying to do just about the same exact thing from that picture. What would be so stinkin' funny is if it turns out to be a hit design and then all the parks start to buy it instead of the Arrow/S&S 4th-D. The main reason would just be due to the name brand and you have to add B&M's amazing reliability.

Well, that's pretty much exactly what happened when B&M came out with their version of the Flying Coaster after Vekoma unleashed a mere three Flying Duthcmans (four if you count the Stingray prototype in China) - Batwing, Stealth (now Nighthawk at Carowinds), and X-Flight (now Firehawk at Kings Island) - upon the country, while B&M has eight - Tatsu, Air, Manta, the three Ultimate Superman Flights of Fancy, and two Flyers in China (one set to open next year).

And need I remind you of the Beemer Inverts (knocking out Arrow Suspenders and Vekoma SLCs), Beemer Standups (knocking out Togo standups), and Beemer Hypers (knocking out Arrow hypers) crushing everything else? Seems as if the only competitor to try and even compete with B&M would be Intamin, but as you've already seen in the past, not the best track record they have when it comes to reliability.

^^ Well when a company demonstrates incredible reliability time after time, it's an easy sell - you can have an Intamin launching Wing coaster that will break constantly if it manages to open at all (the best indicator of future behavior is the past, after all), an S&S Arrow 4th Dimension coaster that may not open for the first few seasons, or you can "take a chance" with B&M, whose rides are notoriously easy to maintain, reliable, comfortable, and smooth.

B&M, after all, is in the business of perfecting designs. Even the duo's origin (working for Intamin) is proof of that - for better or worse, they let others do the innovation, then they optimize and improve. Imagine a B&M gigacoaster - as fast, as smooth, and as forceful as Intimidator 305, but with wide open cars, flawless reliability, and a throughput like you wouldn't believe. If they tried it, they would doubtlessly succeed and teach Intamin and thing or two about how forceful (in a good way) a gigacoaster can be.

Reputations mean a lot in this and any industry - good or bad. B&M has earned a good one, and thus, have some slack in which they can try new things and invent without damaging their reputation.

Are we saying this is a B&M based only on the track in that concept drawing or am I missing something? Because while the track says B&M the trains and restraints say Intamin.

p19980.jpg

I'd be just a little surprised to see the Intamin wing walkers popping up in 2011 because I though Furius Baco was considered a failed concept. Supposedly it's extremely rough but maybe they've tweaked their design a bit.

Are we saying this is a B&M based only on the track in that concept drawing or am I missing something? Because while the track says B&M the trains and restraints say Intamin. 

Drawings, sketches, and etc. Are never final. You'll see MAJOR differences once real pictures are taken of the trains.

The talk of a B&M prototype at Gardaland has been swirling for a while. B&M's name was attached to every "annoucement" of the ride I've seen. Screamscape reports that this new prototype is probably being built at Gardaland because it's the closest major park (4.5 hours) to B&M's headquarters, so they can spend plenty of time there working on and developing the ride. Also, small details like the water feature and the fact that it has the same length and height as the Batman clones...

Besides, the "Wing Walker" design by Intamin sort of went down in the books as a fail if I'm not mistaken - I've heard the ride is very, very rough. But, from watching POV videos, it's actually one coaster I would easily plan a trip around. The one single inversion looks... ahhh... Relaxing and interesting. And the seating looks great. So, from the sound of it, B&M is doing what they're good at - taking a concept tried by TOGO (Stand-up), Arrow (megacoasters), Vekoma (inverted coasters) and now Intamin (Wing Walker) and actually making them into pleasant, reliable, thrilling experiences instead of "sure it knocks your face around a bit, but it's a prototype!"

So, perhaps, B&Ms plan is to watch this coaster carefully and make it its next marketable attraction. They went through a period where everyone needed a stand-up, then where everyone needed and invert, and now everyone's getting hypers. Perhaps this new design will be their next "trend" coaster and they're hoping to spread it around the world.

B&M is doing what they're good at - taking a concept tried by TOGO (Stand-up), Arrow (megacoasters), (1) Vekoma (inverted coasters) and now Intamin (Wing Walker) and actually making them into pleasant, reliable, thrilling experiences instead of "sure it knocks your face around a bit, but it's a prototype!"

They went through a period where everyone needed a stand-up, (2) then where everyone needed and invert, (3) and now everyone's getting hypers. Perhaps this new design will be their next "trend" coaster and they're hoping to spread it around the world.

1. Actually the opposite happened....Vekoma attempted the invert after B&M had made the great models, but they are highly regarded as awful rides, or "hang and bangs". However, they sold well because of their low cost, less amount of time needed (pre-designed models) and smaller footprint.

2. Inverts are and have always been B&M's most popular model....if I'm not mistaken they've had one installed every year since 1992 (bar 2005 and 2009) and more than one most years.

3. Hypers were hardly every secluded to a certain few years. Sure, there was the CF trio in '08-'10, but in 1999-2002, four hypers were built. So it wasn't really a fad, as much as say, standups or floorless coasters.

Now on to the original topic. Yes, you are correct, the park had announced that the coaster would be a B&M. Looks like a pretty neat coaster. I'd be anxious to see if B&M takes a shot at the 4D concept with flipping seats. They would probably have to control the flipping with a computer program, or else they'd have to put another set of rails like X.

Screamscape reports that track is ready to be shipped to Gardaland:

B&M - (7/17/10) I’ve been sent two new pictures from B&M’s track production facility in Ohio. Looks like a bunch of new dark brown track has been produced and set outside waiting for transport. According to our source there were also quite a few shipping containers on site, so I can only assume that this sucker is going to an international destination. Given the color and yesterday’s leak about X-Raptor, I’ve got to wonder if this track is for Gardaland.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Batavia's plant serves for the fabrication of steel for all rides in North America (Or is it all rides in the western hemisphere?)

• 2 weeks later...