Front car Vs Last car

israel09

I rode on 5-1 of Vortex this week and it was pure bliss.

I normally sit in the middle, although my backseat ride on DB was better than anywhere else. Have only rode the 2 kid area coasters and Beast in the front so far and aside from Beast (which sucked) I enjoyed them.

Yes.

Terp (in your heart you knew he would...except on Vortex, where it's 5-1 for him...)

Besides, he thinks where within that car is more important than back or front car...except Maverick...your experience may differ

lol you guys are so goofy, lol. ok so can you guys explain to me the numbering , does that mean 5th car/ left side

Yes.

Terp (in your heart you knew he would...except on Vortex, where it's 5-1 for him...)

Besides, he thinks where within that car is more important than back or front car...except Maverick...your experience may differ

Especially on rides such as Beast, where within the car is important-if you are sitting in the third row, you are sitting on the wheel which will bang up your back.

Yes.

lol you guys are so goofy, lol. ok so can you guys explain to me the numbering , does that mean 5th car/ left side

The 5 refers to the fifth car. The one 1 refers to bench 1 or the front seat of the fifth car.

Thanks for being a good sport! :)

Terp, who is seldom seen in the middle cars of any coasters other than Arrow loopers...

Yes.

The 5 refers to the fifth car. The one 1 refers to bench 1 or the front seat of the fifth car.

Thanks for being a good sport! :)

Terp, who is seldom seen in the middle cars of any coasters other than Arrow loopers...

ohh, ok, I thought it the 2nd number meant the exact single seat within a car.. Thanks!

At KI, I prefer the front row on Firehawk, Diamondback, Flight Deck, Backlot, and the back on Racer, Beast, AE. I got my first ride in the magic seat on Vortex a few weeks ago and it will be 5-1 for me from now on! Flight of Fear is really the only ride that I don't have a preference on.

Flight of Fear has far more room in the back seats of each car than the fronts. And the fronts have very tight foot clearance on the left side...it can literally pinch!

As for Maverick, which I mentioned earlier, for me that is most definitely a front seat ride...as is Flight Deck...On Flight Deck, and most Arrow coasters, the back seats of each car have very limited legroom.

I like to sit in the middle of the train. I think that gives the most "balance" to the rider as far as ejector, vs. floater air. The only time I wait extra time for the front seat is on Flight Deck. It's a much more fun ride from the front when you can't see the track. It really gives the impression of flying.

Were you sitting in the left seat? The problem seems far worse on that side...

Are you sure? Have you sat in the front right seat before? That's where there's something raised in there, it should be worse on the right.

The Beast sucks in the front seat. I prefer towards the back, preferably in the middle of the car off the wheels. 4-2 or 5-2 are my favorites.

With woodies it normally doesn't matter if I sit in the front or the back, as long as it's in the middle of the car. It's the same way with most Arrow coasters. Of course I like 5-1 on The Vortex.

With B&M coasters I always prefer the front. I don't see what the big deal is with the back seat on the Diamondback. The drops feels a lot faster, but other than that the view sucks. I like the front because of the view, and with the way B&M trains are designed you can get outstanding views in the front seat.

On Millennium Force I prefer the back, the front, and the middle for different reasons. The back gives great ejector air down the first drop, but the rest is a little dull. The middle gives great pullover on the three airtime hills. With that being said, my favorite seat is the front. You hang over the crest of the first drop, which is great. The train also feels a lot faster.

hmm, whats makes 5-1 on The Vortex so special?

Terpy and others say that 5-1 has the least amount of head banging. Others claim 7-1 has the least amount of head banging. I've ridden both to compare, and they are both equally good in my opinion. I'll ride Vortex anywhere that has the shortest line, but if all the lines are pretty equal, I'll take 5-1 or 7-1.

cool replies, I usually like the very last seat on the train, it tends to get the most "yank" from the rest of the train.

imagine riding Vortex, with little to no headbanging at all. :)

well, me and gator managed to post that at the same time.

cool replies, I usually like the very last seat on the train, it tends to get the most "yank" from the rest of the train.

Ron Toomer, Arrow's designer, has many times said the fifth car is the one around which the ride was designed...to have the best forces and most control. -1 seats have far more room than -2 seats on Arrow's original trains...and so 5-1 it is...for me. It helps, too, that that seat often has the shortest line. I also like 1-1....a lot!