Front car Vs Last car

israel09

If you want maximum air time on Diamondback sit in row 16. EVERY drop has air time.

Make sure you listen for the clicks when you pull your harness down. 3 is the magic number.

2 is the magic number for larger guests like me. And I always ride in the back row, only exception is Vortex. I save that for the magic seat.

Flight of Fear has far more room in the back seats of each car than the fronts. And the fronts have very tight foot clearance on the left side...it can literally pinch!

As for Maverick, which I mentioned earlier, for me that is most definitely a front seat ride...as is Flight Deck...On Flight Deck, and most Arrow coasters, the back seats of each car have very limited legroom.

yeah i noticed about Flight of Fear when we were sitting in the back of the very last car and the operator asked to trade seats with these other people

On most coasters I like the front seat, I like to see the track going up(fear of heights). On Firehawk, it's almost the same everywhere, but I try to go either front or back, because I like to be able to see the riders at the other end in the loop... :)

Top Gu.. ER, Flight Deck(ugh) I always ride front, because that is the best ride, imo. I guess I'm tall enough to hold myself straight and not get head banging on Vortex, from any seat. As for The Beast, I always ride front or middle. Diamondback, I usually take what I can get, but the back is wicked! Talk about a different kinda coaster ride, nothing but air!(It was my first B&M)

deb

On Vortex I've been sitting in 7-1. While I've never been in 5-1 I can tell you that it's a very nice experience. At least for me. You just go faster over the lift hill and you also get more drop. I also noticed that you cruise faster over the inversions. I guess you can call it tail-whip, but it's tamable.

Far as sitting in the front I find it splendid in view. I feel like my drop is cut a little and sometimes air-time. So as the front seats go I don't mind it on certain coasters.

IMO I think you will get a different experience on different seats of a train/coach.

Just throwing this out there as this is a thread about seats we prefer...

I like 5:1 on Vortex, but I'm fine with any -:1 seats. Any of the -:2 seats are intolerably uncomfortable in my opinion. It isn't the headbanging or the roughness that gets me on that coaster, it's how cramped your legs feel. Every time I've ridden in an even numbered row I've gotten sore knees. Ouch.

As some thers have said, it all depends on which coaster it is. I prefer the front on Diamondback, Firehawk, and Flight of Fear. I prefer the back on The Beast and Adventure Express. Either the front or the back is fine with me on Flight Deck. As for some of my favorite steel coasters, Maverick in the very back seat is awe-inspiring to me, the only ride I got on Dominator (My favorite steel coaster.) was in the back row and I LOVED it, Millie is great for positive Gs in the front, and Dragster's launch is great when you're towards the back. As for my favorite wooden coasters, The Voyage is good in any seat really, but I do slightly prefer the back, Thunderhead gave some great air in the front, but not the back for some reason (Can someone please explain this if you know why?), and I prefer The Legend slightly more towards the back. The only coaster I really have a preference with which side I ride on is The Legend. I'm a big fan of lateral forces, and I feel the lats more on that side than I do the right side.

As for Vortex, I tend not to ride it these days, but the best ride I got on it last season was in 4-1.

well it depends on which rides yoour on like for example Diamondback i like sitting in the very front. like if im not in the front row i really just want to go to the very back. cause in the very front its the view that gets in the very back its like airtime until the ride stops so for me its either the very front or the very back.

i would say that it all depends on what your lookin for. if you want an unobstructed view, then by all means, go sit in the front. now on most coasters, for airtime, you'll want the rear; as that last car on the train is bein whipped over the hills as the front of the train is pretty much nothin but a guider. also, no matter where you sit, if you want a new view/sensation from a coaster cause your gettin bored with it; try lookin off to the sides thru-out the ride or goin with eyes closed & allowing your body to be as limp as a rag-doll.wink.gif

Yesterday I rode seat 5-1 on Vortex supposeably the "magic seat" for the first time and it was great. I got tons of airtime on the first drop. And by the "first drop," I don't mean the little drop at the end of the chain lift before the big drop. smile.gif lol

Oh, so you mean the drop out of the station? I love that part!

Coaster, being an a#%

Yesterday I rode seat 5-1 on Vortex supposeably the "magic seat" for the first time and it was great. I got tons of airtime on the first drop. And by the "first drop," I don't mean the little drop at the end of the chain lift before the big drop. smile.gif lol

Coaster, being an a#%

HAHAHAHAHA

i love the back seat on every roller coaster i've ridden, but there are a few that i like the front seat on too, like Diamondback, at night it's awesome hanging over the first drop and seeing the tiny lights way down by the walking path, plus it's really cool when going through the splashdown and feeling like you're gliding over the water's surface.

Coaster, being an a#%

To be honest, I actually did get a litttle airtime on the drop out of the station!laugh.gif

It's all about the back to me...especially at KI. The only ride that I may suggest the front in is Flight of Fear (where it really doesn't matter where to sit), and maybe one ride on Diamondback just so you can stare down the first drop while the back of the train catches up. The back for me just provides a more violent (but speedy) force down the hills and through the inversions that makes for a better overall experience. But, I do always like switching up seats just to get a feel for what each area of the train gives to the ride.