Kings Island Food Prices?

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339

Hey guys, I'll be heading out to the Island on Friday with a couple of friends. We all want to eat inside the park which I don't do very often. We will all drink water and nothing else, so does anyone know some prices by heart? Here are the places and things we want:

Lunch:

-4 slices of La Rosas (I know they sell them by 1 or 2 slices)

-2 Small salads

-Possibly one meal sized Salad

Dinner

-2 Rivertown Junction meals(Both have Gold Passes)

Any help would be great, thanks!

Good luck on buying two slices of pizza (which is about $5.59). You will almost certainly have to ask for it. They now pair it with two breadsticks and a thing of sauce for 7-something. No thanks. When I saw this Saturday at the park and waited for some time for someone, anyone, to show up to take off the breadsticks, it didn't happen. After a minute or so (it was early), I left without contributing any nickels towards the debt reduction and Kinzels' salary subsidization fund.

Rivertown Junction offers a 15 percent discount to gold pass holders.

Guest rcfreak339

^How much would Rivertown Junction be for 2 Gold Pass holders?

It's sort of makes me mad they don't post this stuff on the Kings Island Website.

Guest PizzaBaby027

So, ya know I used to work there, I know the prices and deals.....at any La'rosa's pizza stand they have the gold pass meal deal, which includes 1 whole pizza, a family saled, and 4 20oz drinks for $29.99..... Now when I was presented with it, guests could replace 20oz cups for there OWN souvenir cup..River town junction prices are about 13.99 for gold pass members, so its will probably come to be 25-28 dollars.....if you have any questions about food prices please I.M me and I would be glad to tell you any and all prices!! Well most..lol rolleyes.gif

Thats crazy, a lot more crazy then I thought...Is Rivertown Junction any good?

Its pretty good as it has most of the options at other places in the park in a buffet and all you can eat setting. Last year they had Eddy's Ice cream, this year they have soft serve but no cones. Food items include pasta, fried chicken, some type of sliced meat (I think its roast beef but could be turkey), mashed potatoes, pasta, tacos/nachos, shrimp, Chinese, mac n cheese, hot dogs, hamburgers, and much more plus deserts. Also drink is included in that price.

Also in the evening/late afternoon there is the Backyard BBQ for 9.95 with your gold/plat card that is also all you can eat but with fewer options.

Depending on my budget for the month I usually chose Rivertown Junction if eating in the park.

Having had both (haven't had Backyard BBQ yet this year, though, but I've heard good things about it), I would probably choose the Backyard BBQ, but Rivertown Junction is also really good. The food quality at Junction was good, definitely better than some buffets I've been to outside the park (Hometown Buffet, I'm lookin' at you). My only complaint was that the fries were old and didn't seem salted at all (not sure if they're supposed to be salted), but I mentioned it to someone and they brought fresh ones out without a problem. I think the only reason that I prefer the Backyard BBQ is because of the cost, but if you enjoy the type of food served at Junction, it would definitely be worth the extra cost. :)

• 3 years later...

Reds Hall of Fame Grille may have most "bang for the buck". Portions are huge, and menu prices are about what you would find at a casual dining restaurant outside the park. Service with a large group can be rather slow, however.

With 19 people, you might consider contacting group sales to see about pricing for a picnic meal or individual meal vouchers. Meal vouchers would let everyone in your group get a "counter service" meal (2 slices of pizza, burrito, chicken fingers, burger, etc) and one drink for a discounted price.

Buying whole pizza(s) may or may not save you money. I believe it's around $25 after tax for a pizza (8 slices), but menu prices have changed several times this season. Call the park for current pricing - someone there should be able to check on it and get back with you.

• Like 2

Kings Island is charging well near an arm and a leg for food this year.

I should have went for the season long dining pass. Also the single day $30 isn't too hateful I suppose.

As for buying a single meal at retail price meal at either Hank's, The Chicken Shack, or any of the other food vendors: Forget about it!

Since over half of the season is now over, it would be nice if they did a pro-rate on the season long dining pass; say 2/3 the original price or something?

Edit: Red's Hall of Fame Grill might be the only reasonable single meal choice.

Edited by DontWantToWait42mar0

Guest dtk1376

Meh, picnic food just doesn't do it for me when I am at an amusement park for a whole day. I prefer a nice warm meal which the restaurants inside can offer. Not withstanding the fact that I have the dining deal, I know there is several dining options throughout the park under $10. But as others have said, for a large group that you are bringing, LaRosa's is the way to go with whole pizzas.

• Like 1

Many food prices have gone down since Opening Day. Make sure to ask for a la carte pricing; most menu boards only show combo meals. Combo pricing (so far this season) hasn't been cheaper than buying the individual items on their own. You might find that purchasing a drink wristband, buying a souvenir cup, or requesting complimentary cups of water is a better deal than including a single drink in your meal purchase.

For frequent visitors taking advantage of the all-season dining plan, lunch and dinner at the park aren't expensive at all.

• Like 2

We went to the Reds Hall of Fame Grille yesterday, and the prices were lower than I expected for inside the park, especially for being a table service restaurant. $10-$11 for a sandwich and a massive number of Saratoga chips (extra $2 if you prefer fries), $3 for fountain drinks with free refills. It's only slightly higher than I would expect to pay for the same thing if the restaurant weren't in the middle of KI. There's also 10% off those prices with a gold or platinum pass.

We had been planning to leave for Dewey's Pizza and come back, but on an after-4 ticket for my husband, I was worried we wouldn't get as much done as we wanted if we took that much of a break.

• Like 1

Kings Island food prices are like all amusement park's: Really expensive.

Not all amusement parks have expensive food. Theme parks, maybe. Large amusement parks, probably. But many small parks have very fair food prices. Stricker's Grove comes to mind.
Disney, Universal, SeaWorld...

All have dramatically lower food prices for much higher quality food than Cedar Fair or Six Flags.

Ir's truly sad what has happened to Mrs. Knott's chicken, for instance.

Reds Hall of Fame Grill, as good as it is, is no Mythos. Not even close.

• Like 4

^That. The prices at Busch Gardens/SeaWorld are minimal when compared to KI. The same is true of Legoland. The prices at KI are insane. The people we have taken to the park, never wish to return because of said pricing.

Only reason we eat in the park is that we have the season dining plan.

• Like 2