Kings Island Food Prices?

Guest rcfreak339

Where is Rivertown Junction located exactly? I can't remember having seen it before and it's not located on the Dining page of the KI website.

That location is now the home of the Reds Hall of Fame Grille. It was extensively remodeled and upgraded to a full service restaurant in 2013.

Where is Rivertown Junction located exactly? I can't remember having seen it before and it's not located on the Dining page of the KI website.

That location is now the home of the Reds Hall of Fame Grille. It was extensively remodeled and upgraded to a full service restaurant in 2013.

Thanks! I'm a little slow... didn't realize the original post about it was from 2010. :)

• Haha 1

I usually avoid buying meals at the park but when I have a long day there with my son we always eat in the Festhaus. We both get water (free), two orders of slice of cheese pizza/two breadsticks, and we share a cup of strawberries with whipped cream. It comes to $14 something with the little Gold Pass discount. I don't think that is too bad.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I really like the refillable cups!! I bought mine on line this year to save $5, but the first time I go all my refills are free and everytime after that all season long my refills are only 99 cents!! The cups are well sized and worth it for the price espically if you are a frequent visitor of KI.

• Like 2

I really like the refillable cups!! I bought mine on line this year to save $5, but the first time I go all my refills are free and everytime after that all season long my refills are only 99 cents!! The cups are well sized and worth it for the price espically if you are a frequent visitor of KI.

till you rent a locker to ride Banshee then it's a bad deal. That reason alone swayed me from buying one.
  • Like 4

Depends on your situation, if you generally go to the park with a large group or can't/won't ride rollercoasters then it is a good deal since they can hold the drink while you ride.

It works for me because most of my visits last year were with my daughter who has not reached the 52" Banshee mark and therefore there is no restrictions on drinks for me.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

My wife and I were at Kings Island Monday and noticed something crazy at the LaRosa's down by The Beast.

It started when my wife mentioned she was sorta hungry and might want to grab a little something.  We had just gotten off Stunt Track and were on our way to The Beast.  We decided to pop in the LaRosa's and find out how much just one slice of pizza was.  Upon entering, I looked up at the menu and noticed that a combo with one slice of pizza, two breadsticks, and a drink was $14.29.  I thought that was a ridiculous price for that amount of food.  So we asked how much just a slice would be.  We were told $3.99 a slice.

Now it gets interesting.  I decided to add up all the items from the combo individually based on the listed prices from the menu and the info we were told about the cost of a slice.  1 slice of pizza = $3.99, an order of breadsticks = $3.99, a large drink = $4.59, Total Price = $12.57.  Now for the same items of food bundled in a combo, it costs $14.29!  Why in the world would I pay $1.72 more for the same amount of food?

What is Kings Island trying to pull here? Why is the combo almost $2 more than if I bought the food items separately?  I just can't figure this one out. Anyone have any ideas?

• Like 1

In your example, the combo meal includes 2 slices of pizza. The combo price usually isn't much less than buying the same items individually, but it should never be more. (Not to say that a pricing error isn't possible.)

Of course, gold/platinum passholders save 10% on most food purchases.

• Like 1

I used to complain that everything to eat at Kings Island was $8. I never DREAMED that it would double. I'm curious though, what the price of the Philly Cheesesteak at the Snakepit went to. That was a very good, made-to-order cheesesteak done exactly right - on the grill. At around $8, it was only a couple bucks higher than outside establishments. They needed to work on delivery though, ie one person making orders on the grill, one (or two!) getting drinks and taking money, and delivering the finished sandwiches. Watched a 'supervisor' last year bring cups or something, wander behind the counter and strike up a conversation with the folks working the stand instead of HELPING. There was a line, they did NOT need the distraction. Having worked a lot of fast food, that was unforgivable. Have not seen that this year though!

• Like 2

I have 19 people coming in a group and I am trying to figure out the most cost efficient way of feeding us all as some do not have the ability to leave the park. Kings Island is so expensive with food costs.

If you have not gone yet, I suggest making a run to Jimmy Johns or Chipotle just up the road.. Call in the order first, then pick it up and have a Kings Island Tailgate. 

I have 19 people coming in a group and I am trying to figure out the most cost efficient way of feeding us all as some do not have the ability to leave the park. Kings Island is so expensive with food costs.

If you have not gone yet, I suggest making a run to Jimmy Johns or Chipotle just up the road.. Call in the order first, then pick it up and have a Kings Island Tailgate.

Um, that post was from LAST YEAR. That might give you a clue as to whether they've gone to KI yet. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But...speaking of Jimmy Johns, I wonder if they would be willing to deliver to the "drop off area" on the west end of the parking lot.  Could order it ahead of time, have 1 or 2 people meet them out there, then do a picnic style lunch in the parking lot.  Food would be a little fresher than if it was packed, obviously a little more expensive, but probably cheaper than inside.  check the deliver fee if one decides to go that route, IIRC it was $1 per sandwich when we have delivered up to our neighborhood pool.  If you are talking about a large group, the convenience of not having to leave your parking spot could get awfully pricy.

• Like 1

I went to Jimmy Johns before my visit today. They said they WILL deliver to the pick-up, drop-off point. They said that for large orders(and party trays), they need 24 hours advanced notice. Happy picknicking everybody!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...