SFNE Trip 7/19/10

Rustbucket

I was in Hartford, CT for a business trip on 7/19/10. The plane arrived in BDL around 7 pm. I had 2 hours to get to SFNE since they close at 9 pm. After picking up a car, I went straight to SFNE. It was around 7:50 pm. No parking fee at this late hour. The only coaster to ride here is Bizarro and what a coaster this is. I picked 9-1 and the train started to go up the hill. As the train started to go down the first hill, I started to see lightning in the distance. Well, this was going to be my only ride of the day. This coaster has air time and the lateral which is probably unmatched. The mid-course fire explosion was not working today. Bizarro was the only coaster I rode but it was worth the trip.

This Intamin monster has a perfect blend of air time, lateral, intensity, and speed. I only wish Millenium Force was like Bizarro. Intimidator 305 is more intense but does not have much air time any more with trims. Bizarro is back on my top of the coaster list.

Yes you do. Imagine Diamondback's long floater air feeling like Magnum's ejector air.

The only down side to the ride is the audio. When we were there it only worked a few times and even then it was intermittent. I have been told that in the past it was also much louder.

This was at one time my number one steel coaster. Then I found this maverick of a ride at Cedar Point.

Anyway, good to know I am not the only person willing to drive and rush to get a ride a coaster once...and Bizarro is well worth it...Too bad Al Weber now has the park close at 9...I really wonder how smart that really is...

When we were there a few weeks ago, many of the employees didn't even know that the park was closing at 9:00. My guess is that it is a cost cutting measure. If you take all the employees that would be normally working till park close at 10:00 PM and cut 1 hour a day from their paychecks you would save a decent amount of dollars. I doubt that any of the GP would cancel a trip because of that hour. They many not be happy about it, but not so much to stop going.

What does baffle me though is closing the shops and food stands right at 9:00 pm. Even the ones by the entrances. There are still tons of people in the park at closing and many want something to eat or drink before they go home. I wanted to get a T-shirt on my way out so I wouldn't have to locker it all day long. But the shops were closed and I guess no longer wanted my $$.

The only down side to the ride is the audio. When we were there it only worked a few times and even then it was intermittent. I have been told that in the past it was also much louder.

Dave, the ride had extremely good audio. It was blasting away throughout the ride. Bizarro... Bizarro...

During last year, the audio was only working intermittent on one train but working on other train.

What does baffle me though is closing the shops and food stands right at 9:00 pm. Even the ones by the entrances. There are still tons of people in the park at closing and many want something to eat or drink before they go home. I wanted to get a T-shirt on my way out so I wouldn't have to locker it all day long. But the shops were closed and I guess no longer wanted my $$.

I got in a polite argument with security about not letting me into a gift shop right behind them at 6:05pm (early season). I then went to GR to complain about it, the response was unless I knew the specific item in that store, I could not go into it. Then she stated rudely that I had all day to browse the gift shops to make purchases, which I replied that I cant carry loose articles on the rides. Talk about a company that doesn't want any nickles. This was last year too.

PS. Am I the only one who wasn't blown away by Bizzaro.