Cedar point trip q's

Hi all!

My Boyfriend and I are planning on taking a one day trip to Cedar Point next week (26-30). We are thinking about Monday or Wednesday. We did this last year and it was a pretty successful trip! I was just curious if anyone has been up there this year and had some new suggestions to make the best out of the day? thanks!

Welcome to KIC!

If you are staying in a resort or have a Platinum Pass then make sure to get Millennium Force and Maverick out of the way during ERT (early ride time), because these will be your longest waits of the day otherwise. After ERT head straight over to Top Thrill Dragster. Even though Raptor is open for ERT, I recommend waiting until later in the day (evening) to ride it since the lines can be shorter then. After you ride the Dragster tackle the back of the park first and work your way forward and take your time. Most people hit the front of the park first during their visits, so hitting the back after 10 o'clock is what I would recommend doing. After 3 is when I'd recommend heading to the front of the park. This will give you plenty of time to take in Frontier Town, Top Thrill Dragster Midway, and Gemini Midway. It will also give you some time to eat lunch at the park, or leave the park and get lunch.

If you don't have a Platinum Pass or staying in a resort, then I can't really give a good guide since I've never visited without using a pass or a resort. Just keep this in mind:

- Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster will both have long waits throughout the day. If you see a line for one of these that have less than an hour wait, jump in. I assume Maverick is the same way, but I don't spend a lot of time in Frontier Town later in the day.

- The front of the park will be crowded earlier in the day, the back of the park will be crowded later in the day, the middle section of the park (Millennium and TTD) will be crowded throughout the day.

- I've never waited more than 15 minutes for Magnum XL200, so get as many rides on this as you can.

- Don't pass up Blue Streak. It's similar (but much better imo) to The Racer.

- When riding Raptor, ride up front. The line moves fast for that ride, so waiting for the front seat is worth it.

- When riding Magnum, Gemini, Mean Streak, or Blue Streak, ride in an even numbered row. By doing this you are sitting off the wheels, and you'll get a much smoother ride.

Park food can be expensive. I recommend visiting a local fish shop for a fresh Perch Sandwich.

St. Louis is famous for their ribs, Brooklyn is famous for their pizza, and Sandusky (should) be famous for their Perch. I recommend the New Sandusky Fish Co. It's less than a 10 minute drive from the park.

235 E Shoreline Dr is the address.

Wow! thank you! I do not have a platinum pass but I think that next year I am definitely going to go that route! I like the idea of working from the back of the park and going to the front. That makes the most sense. Thanks also for the food suggestion outside the park. I never really considered this before but some fresh Sandusky fish does sound good!

- When riding Magnum, Gemini, Mean Streak, or Blue Streak, ride in an even numbered row. By doing this you are sitting off the wheels, and you'll get a much smoother ride.

Mean Streak only has two rows per car, you will be over a wheel. As for the others, sit in the middle of a car to avoid a wheel. Mine Ride fits into this catagory as well.

Don't forget to ride Wildcat and Cedar Downs as well.

I suggest you make the following rides your top priorties: Millenium Force, TTD, Maverick, Raptor, Mantis, Magnum XL-200, Wicked Twister, and Sky Hawk. And I also suggest you get at least 2 rides on Sky Hawk, TTD, Millenium Force, and Maverick. Believe me, these are the rides that are like NO OTHER. One more thing, instead of paying 3 bucks for a bottle of water at a vending machine I suggest you just go to one of the fountain drink stands ask for ice water for free. This will save you A LOT of money.

Wow! way more advice than I expected! thanks everyone! I never thought about riding away from the wheels on a coaster to help make a ride smoother ( I am no avid enthusiast, simply a person who LOVES coasters and sometimes pretends to be an enthusiast! lol) TTD, Maverick, and Millennium force are definitely MUST rides on my list and everything else will pretty much depend on wait times. Also, I didn't ride mean streak last time I went b/c I heard it is really rough... any opinions on that? Should I try it or skip it again?

I didn't ride mean streak last time I went b/c I heard it is really rough... any opinions on that? Should I try it or skip it again?

I don't ride it because I've experienced it before, and I didn't like what I experienced. Experience it for yourself! In my opinion it isn't any rougher than Son of Beast, if not less. However it IS the roughest ride at Cedar Point, at least to me.

I'll sit here all day and talk about how rough it is, but I still recommend you give it a spin to form your own opinion. I know quite a few people who enjoy the ride and stay it's underrated.

With that being said I WOULD recommend riding up front.