Random oddities around the park

pcc

I forgot about the lockers at Flight of Fear and Firehawk. We rented one on the side facing Flight of Fear. Inside the door was an old sticker with the rules and such for rental, with a big PKI logo on top.

don't know if this has been said before, but yesterday when i was stepping into 2-2 on the blue train on backlot, i noticed that the blue paint was peeling off, revealing RED paint.

i was under the impression that Kings Island had taken the single cars of each color from each of the three trains, and linked them together.*

*sorry if that doesn't make sense. :P

don't know if this has been said before, but yesterday when i was stepping into 2-2 on the blue train on backlot, i noticed that the blue paint was peeling off, revealing RED paint.

i was under the impression that Kings Island had taken the single cars of each color from each of the three trains, and linked them together.*

*sorry if that doesn't make sense. :P

I get what you are saying, it makes sense to me. I guess I never really thought about how they changed the color of the trains. It was probably easier to paint them than to take them apart and re-assemble them by color, or maybe it matters which order the cars go in so they just couldn't do that.

*sorry if that doesn't make sense. tongue.gif

I get what you are saying, it makes sense to me. I guess I never really thought about how they changed the color of the trains. It was probably easier to paint them than to take them apart and re-assemble them by color, or maybe it matters which order the cars go in so they just couldn't do that.

Not only do the the trains have a different color in stead of three different colors for one train, they took out the opening and closing doors that they use to have on them. I loved the doors. It was so fun to slam'em shut like you actually got into a car. Why did they have to remove these and add seat belts? Did the State of Ohio make them do that? Were they dangerous if someone accidentally put their in the shutting door? Was it an issue with how they fast unloading and loading the train was? (Which seems stupid since it take a lot less time to shut a door than fasten a seat belt) Anyone know of any reason they did this?blink.gif

So true, In 20 years from now there could be a 2010 map stuck on the roof. And people will say,"Look, a park map from 20 years ago!"smile.gif

The good news is that that map will have biodegraded long, long before then. Or, if you less politically correct, the good news is that map will have rotted long before then. Not to mention the roof will also probably have been replaced...if it is still there at all.

How is this is good news?huh.gif

Every generation has it's own fads..nothing really new there. Anybody remember Slap Bracelets, Pogs, Koosh Balls, Beanie Babies....the list goes on

Your right, I guess I don't mind our generations fads that much. But coming from a teenager, what I HATE most about this generation is what kids do and say nowadays. Trying to be cool and/or funny by cussing, flipping the bird, replying to everything that goes wrong with, "that's retarded" or "that's gay". Ugh, I can't stand teenagers like this...dry.gif

Coming from an 18 year old, I hate a majority of everything the people my age do. You think you look cool because you cuss, flip people off, drink, etc. No you just look stupid. I go to Ohio University as well, so I see the whole underaged drinking thing all the time. It's just sad because I know I was raised better than that.

EDIT: And replying to everything with "Your face......" or "Your Mom......". DRIVES ME INSANE! Example, "Your shoes are untied." "Your FACE is untied."

OH, and since we were discussing old fads earlier...

Giga-Pets, that is all.

Every generation has it's own fads..nothing really new there. Anybody remember Slap Bracelets, Pogs, Koosh Balls, Beanie Babies....the list goes on

Your right, I guess I don't mind our generations fads that much. But coming from a teenager, what I HATE most about this generation is what kids do and say nowadays. Trying to be cool and/or funny by cussing, flipping the bird, replying to everything that goes wrong with, "that's retarded" or "that's gay". Ugh, I can't stand teenagers like this...dry.gif

I can't stand when people that I am with feel like they need to yell OMFG! (Using the real words) when we are on a ride. I feel embarrassed because it could be Adventure Express and Kids and Parents are behind us. Then they think I am an Idiot.

OH, and since we were discussing old fads earlier...

Giga-Pets, that is all.

I may or may not have had one... okay, five...fine, at least twenty.

Seriously though, I loved those things! Still looking around to see if I can find an original one at a flea market or something ;)

Continuing on with the Paramount logo, the first aid vehicles still sport the logo just without the word Paramount on them.

I'm not sure whether this is an odditiy or not, but on my second last visit to Kings Island I noticed something about the M&M machine in Flight Deck's queue. One of the varieties of M&Ms on the side of the machine says "PLAIN." That same variety today is called "Milk Chocolate."

I can't stand when people that I am with feel like they need to yell OMFG! (Using the real words) when we are on a ride. I feel embarrassed because it could be Adventure Express and Kids and Parents are behind us. Then they think I am an Idiot.

I also hate it when in line for a ride and some parent will be cussing out their 10 or 11 year-old kid for one little unsignificant mistake they made. Sometimes I wanna say to the parent (but I don't), "Hey, your at an amusement park, just have fun! and don't ruin it for your kid by making them feel bad." I always feel really bad for these kids.sad.gif

Although this isn't actually in the park, i have another Paramount sighting. While seeing the new Boomerang Bay comercial, I noticed that there was a part where the Boomerang Bay sign was shown, but with the "Crocodile Dundee's" prefix in view, plain as day.

Also, while in the park the other day, I noticed that Coney Refreshments has pretty much turned into a "Refill Station". Also, I decided on riding Crypt to get out of the heat for a few minutes, and the torches on pillars in the room prior to the preshow room were surprisingly turned on. Which I had not seen in quite a long time. This makes me think that there are other "elements" that really can be activated with a flip of a forgotton switch. Some, not all.

wait, what torches?

Not the torches on the outside of the cave entrance, but the ones that line the walls in the room where the switchbacks are. (The room where you would wait behind the circular temple door, and where the ride ops count riders). All of the pillars along the sides of that small room (where the skeletons are hanging from) have torches at the tops of them. When I was at the park last week, surprisingly they were on, which gave that small waiting room quite a bit of ambience with fire lining the walls (artificial ofcourse). I had not seen those torches operational in a very long time. However, last night I was at the park, and I decided to see if they were lit again...............

They were not.

For example, the "phiten" which all the "popular" kids at my school have

Please, please, please... somebody tell me that I'm not the only one who had to google what "phiten" is. And just a month or two ago you all had me looking up what pogs were...

At 37 I don't feel old, but all you kids are developing a knack for making me feel that way! laugh.gif

Please, please, please... somebody tell me that I'm not the only one who had to google what "phiten" is. And just a month or two ago you all had me looking up what pogs were...

At 37 I don't feel old, but all you kids are developing a knack for making me feel that way! laugh.gif

You're not the only one, I can honestly say I've never heard of a phiten before... :huh:

At 10 years younger than you I had to google "phiten." Does that make you feel better now? :) However, I used to own a disgusting amount of pogs...