Six Flags Great Adventure

alexisandrcs4eve

Today My dad and I went to SFGA and it was AWESOME!! The only thing is that I never like Six Flags Parks. The only thing I really like ever is the coasters. Great American Scream Machine was closed and so was Superman Ultimate Flight were closed :( . The coaster I was most impressed with at that park was El Toro. That is now no doubt my favorite coaster with awesome air time and NO TRIMS!!!!:D... We ended up riding three times because the line wasn't very long. Today it reached the highest temp. recorded so because of this the park wasn't to busy which was awesome! Personally I think that steel coaster are better, but today I was proven wrong.

I'm very glad you liked Great Adventure. It is my sad duty to tell you, though, that Great American Scream Machine there is not just closed today, but forevermore. It's being torn down...the park is changing.

Superman: Ultimate Flight has been having footing issues. In the opinion of many, you didn't miss much there.

At parks other than Six Flags, what do you like besides the coasters?

• Like 1

Alexis, I absolutely LOVED Great Adventure. El Toro is also no doubt my favorite roller coaster overall. It's tough to put it over Voyage but in the front it's just incredible. Superman was also closed on Friday when I was there. I'm going to have to disagree with you about Six Flags though. After visiting GAdv I have to say I definitely like Six Flags over Cedar Fair. I like the atmosphere much more. Their coasters are pretty good too :)

^BTW, I liked Nitro but not quite as much as Diamondback.

Alexis, I absolutely LOVED Great Adventure. El Toro is also no doubt my favorite roller coaster overall. It's tough to put it over Voyage but in the front it's just incredible. Superman was also closed on Friday when I was there. I'm going to have to disagree with you about Six Flags though. After visiting GAdv I have to say I definitely like Six Flags over Cedar Fair. I like the atmosphere much more. Their coasters are pretty good too smile.gif

^BTW, I liked Nitro but not quite as much as Diamondback.

Kevin, yes i agree with you that diamond back is much better than nitro and Cedar Fair's atmosphere i like better :)

At least Six Flags appears to give a darn about theming...Cedar Fair needs to learn how it's done! Terminator and Dark Knight for example.

While I liked Diamondback more than Nitro, Nito's last few hills PWNED Diamondback's...also the helix on Nitro would probably measure up to be more intense than both of Diamondback's combined.

Actually, the train after me was either the millionth train...or contained the millionth rider of the year....probably the former because we saw people in the park wearing plain T's that said Nitro on the front and "Millionth Riders Club" or something on the back.

You will like it! And it will teach you that, with the exception of their hypers, B&M is really not very good overall!

While Batman and Superman are clones, I found Bizarro to be VERY amusing as far as ride quality goes. It was smooth and had great effects. Overall it's my favorite floorless coaster.

It's funny, cause Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Magic Mountain teach you just about the opposite with Scorcher, Scream!, Goliath, and of course, Tatsu. B&M is my favorite manufacturer.

^Yes.

Kevin, who has been pointed out to disagree with Terpy.

"Oh please. Scream is not THAT bad."

"Yes, Scream is THAT bad."

"Oh please. Manhattan Express is not THAT bad."

"Yes, Manhattan Express is THAT bad."

laugh.gif

Well, Kevin. I do not agree with you on Manhattan Express. I rather ride Mean Streak or Raging Wolf Bobs over Mahattan Express.

^Yes.

Kevin, who has been pointed out to disagree with Terpy.

"Oh please. Scream is not THAT bad."

"Yes, Scream is THAT bad."

"Oh please. Manhattan Express is not THAT bad."

"Yes, Manhattan Express is THAT bad."

laugh.gif

Well, Kevin. I do not agree with you on Manhattan Express. I rather ride Mean Streak or Raging Wolf Bobs over Mahattan Express.

I rode The Roller Coaster (ME) this March and had no problems at all with it, I thought it was a pretty good ride. I would have hated it had it not been half price tickets though.

Guest Millennium

Is Great Adventure near New York? Like at least within 1 hour?

It took me an hour and a half from NYC two weeks ago and it is an easy drive. Good luck.

Is Great Adventure near New York? Like at least within 1 hour?

It took me an hour and a half from NYC two weeks ago and it is an easy drive. Good luck.

Oh believe me I wasn't planning a trip. I was just thinking ahead of time, like in fifteen years when I move to NYC and live in a high rise apartment overlooking Central Park. I'll also be working in the Empire State Building, so if you can give me any better distances from that exact point it would be nice. But remember this is in fifteen years.

:huh:

• Like 1