Kings Island Website: 1997

Coney Islander

Kings Island sure has changed a lot in the past 15 years. Proof, see Kings Island's 1997 website. (here)

A few things to note-

1. Some of the rides we have come to know and love haven't ben built, yet. While others have been defunct for quite some time.

2. Green slime was a huge theme. 11 slime attractions... From my memory, I can only recollect the slime tower, and the slime show. (I got called from the audience to be in the show... Had a sponge tied to my butt, and was told to transfer water from one bucket to the next. Very memorable! I was about 6 or 7 years old, at the time.)

3. The food options were much more varied back then... Also, this was before Panda Express took up residence in Festhaus. Seems there used to be german food. rolleyes.gif

_

And, for grins, I looked up the old PKI forums. Fun stuff! PKI Unlimited.com :: The ultimate guide to Paramount's Kings Island

What were those two people in the bottom left, I remember them from something, but can't put my hands on it. And I remember the slime, sitting there as a kid watching Nick, then going to Kings Island and they had the slime. I always wanted to try, but my mom wouldn't let me.dry.gif

I like the little logos for each area of the park (leaves for Adventure Village, Cotton Candy for Coney Mall, paw print for HB land), but why would they pick french fries to represent Rivertown?

Because Potato Works' fries are delicious. Sometimes I look forward to those more than the rides. :P Granted I don't have any conscious memories of '97, as I was only four. Potato Works may not have even been there.