Best and worst PKI Experience.

DegenRider

What was your best and worst PKI experience this year?

Best

Most likely trip #20 for me. The day I was able to get my mom who is ill and usually doesn't do much but sit in pain up to the park and let her have a few hours of fun.

Worst

This has to go to the Dumbass of the year again. Not only did this dumbass ruin my day he runied my buddies day. Also made me consider if I was going to come back again to the park.

Honorable mention

The weird al concert. That was just a good show all around. plus I got a really artsy photo.

BEST PKI MOMENT:

Probably the day it rained throughout my entire shift, but stopped just as my shift ended so I was able to go around the park and ride rides with very little crowd, and it didn't rain again the rest of the day!

WORST PKI MOMENT:

My first Fear Fest AD shift. AD means All Day, and boy do they mean it. By the end of Fear Fest, I was ready to go home, drop onto my bed, and sleep that day off. Of course, the second FF AD wasn't as bad, so I guess I am already getting used to AD with a midnight closing.

HONORABLE MENTION:

The robo-coaster. I never did get to ride it, which was a bummer, but it looked sweet, and it gave me some cool techno music to listen to while running Zephyr!

Wow, is this hard to narrow down. The best is next to impossible to figure. I met tons of employees this season, only because I spent every second possible at the park. There are a few I now even consider friends. Easter Sunday was a fun day to be at the park, albeit a cold rainy day. I was also impressed with the caliber of employees this season. I honestly can't figure out why PKI employees don't rank any higher with those who rank "friendliest parks."

My worst experience, though, involved a RUDE employee. She was working Face-Off

during an early ride time.... and it was very clear that she didn't want to be there. For some reason, I let it get to me and actually left the park mad. (and early) I just didn't want to experience the park while in a bad mood.

Someone else mentioned the 7/4-5 fireworks fiasco. (t-storms from he**) The park was incredibly gracious about giving my family members tickets to return on the 5th, simply to APOLOGIZE about the bad weather! What a class act.

Another frustrating moment (I mean this lightheartedly) came on the last day of operations. From what I could gather, most of the employees were expecting crowds, but not those crowds. I missed my 500th Eagles ride by less than a half dozen.

I visited the park 90 times this season, and in all of that time, VERY few really bad things happened. I had a near perfect season...but it's always over too soon.

Best PKI Moment: Toss Up between the day I got promoted to Waterworks Merch Location Manager, or the Merchandise Olympics opening ceremonies when I got up and sang the Spotlight Souvenirs version of Thriller.

Worst PKI Moment: Day I was screwed into working every day of the week, ended up working ten days in a row. Got over it pretty quickly though.

Honorable Mention: Day my store recieved third place in the Merch olympics (which by the way is very good for Waterworks, for certain reasons)

Edited by TraderJake

Worst PKI Moment: Waiting in line for Delirium. Could the crew be any more annoying?

Yeah and we still would have got the best crew award on here. Seriously though, if your referring to the loudness of the spiel given to riders while in line, don't blame us b/c the volume is so high. We have no control over that.

Best was the day I got promoted and started going out with my girlfriend all in the same day. There was also a B-dubs ppv outing that night and those are fun.

Worst was day i got stuck in Face/Off's looping brakes. Long story

Honerable was when we got a capacity sheet of all double digits throughout the whole day on Drop Zone and that was including downtime. If you know how much of a b*tch it is to get good capacity on that ride these days then you'll know what I'm talking about. My crew kicked major ass that day.

Worst PKI Moment:  Waiting in line for Delirium.  Could the crew be any more annoying? 

Yeah and we still would have got the best crew award on here. Seriously though, if your referring to the loudness of the spiel given to riders while in line, don't blame us b/c the volume is so high. We have no control over that.

Trust me, I could deal with the loudness of the speakers. It was the crew acting like nerds that annoyed me. The thought that came to my head when they were making voices on the load speaker was "Wow, they have no lives."

Best Moment: My entire first trip to the park. Everything was completely new to me, and I was filled with such wonder about it all (1995, age 7).

Worst Moment: My second ride on SOB (2003, age 15).

Honorable Mention: Riding Backward Racer in the snow (1997, age 9).

Edited by Crazy31088

Best Moment: My first ride on The Beast! By far the best moment ever. I was 9 and it was a night ride.

Worst Moment: Don't have one because PKI owns all!

Honorable Mention: The enthusiasm of the crew on The Beast at night! And anyone that has anything to do with the process of the park operating every day it is open and anyone who visits the park and anyone who takes the time like people on PKIU that are hardcore PKI enthusiasts. We own any other parks enthusiasts! O and Aaron, u rule dude! ROCK!

Best day: The day I found out that one of my sups got promoted to head sup at Beast. That same day they put me in charge of TRTR, and nothing bad happened the entire day.

Worst day: Back in 2002, when ride ops could sign up for different rides for FearFest, I signed up for TRTR one night. I had to meet someone at the park at 815 AM, then work all day at SOB, until roughly 730. Then, I went to TRTR where there was one driver, one bar checker, and the only Certified Trainer was a sup who was leaving, but happened to stay to train some people. I got trained to check bars and had to check them the entire night. FearFest closed at 1 AM, we got done cycling people through at 3. Then I had to get up to the park for an open at 915. I slept in my car.

Honorable mention: The day that the TRC stole some cleaning supplies from Beast, and had them go through a series of questions throughout the day to get them back. We gave them GPS coordinates to their stuff, and it took em about 3 hrs to figure out that the drivebox at TRTR is actually 1001 Ft above sea level. It was quite funny.

Honorable mention (bad experience): When staffing goofed up big time and left me as the only Certified trainer and driver for an entire day. 930AM-11PM in a small box with very few breaks will take it outta ya, especially when you have to train people from up there.

Worst PKI Moment:  Waiting in line for Delirium.  Could the crew be any more annoying? 

Trust me, I could deal with the loudness of the speakers. It was the crew acting like nerds that annoyed me. The thought that came to my head when they were making voices on the load speaker was "Wow, they have no lives."

In Delirium's defense, I always found the line to go quickly, and the crew efficient.

Also, you can't tell me that you don't get bored at your job and do dorky things to. Oh, come on! biggrin.gif

Best: U.R.C. outing, we were supposed to have E.R.T. on SOB but it was the opening year and we all know what that was like, so they moved it to The Beast. That was by far the best night rides I've ever had on it.

Worst: Getting in a fight with a line jumper, but I didn't get ejected, he did!

The thought that came to my head when they were making voices on the load speaker was "Wow, they have no lives."

What makes you think anyone else would want your "life" any more than you would want theirs?

Just to let you know, that insult was lame. So I won't even say nice try.

The thought that came to my head when they were making voices on the load speaker was "Wow, they have no lives."

What makes you think anyone else would want your "life" any more than you would want theirs?

John, you kill me. Always come out of the blue to say something. I thought it was a good one because I know you. At any rate, Delirium crew does their job well at least everytime I have seen them. Maybe, the have a side I havent seen???

Trust me, I could deal with the loudness of the speakers.  It was the crew acting like nerds that annoyed me.  The thought that came to my head when they were making voices on the load speaker was "Wow, they have no lives."

It's called passing the day. When you work 40+ hours a week in 95 degree heat all summer then you can start complaining. Until then, know what you are talking about before you try to put my crew down. There is SO MUCH more to being a good ride operator then just checking restarints and you've failed to see this. Instead, you contine to want to try and put me down and make me look bad. It's not working, so get off of it or else.

I'm sorry but if you attack me, fine but when you go off making remarks you can't back up, I, as their head supervisor, get pretty darn offended. My crew does the same thing day in and day out just so you can enjoy a ride on Delirium or SlingShot and you want to go off and make unfounded comments about them? Come on man! Try and find something else to try and bring me down but DO NOT attack my friends.

I love my crew to death and they gave me the best summer I've ever had. We got top five(even went up on the second audit) in the two audits, numerous GR compliments, tied for most "Crew of Excellence" flags in the park with 8, two line associates off my crew got promoted over the season, and certified two CT's. So until you know what you are talking about, don't speak on my crews character or lives until you've come to know them! mad.gif

Edited by AZ Kinda Guy

look don't go insulting my crew because you didn't find something they did to stay entertained amusing.. I can guarantee at least one person in the line probably did find it entertaining. If you worked there you would understand. And just because you don't like one of the supervisors for who knows whatever reason (I don't know why because he is really a great guy) dosen't mean you should go attack the crew. As Az Kinda Guy said, our crew was GREAT, I couldn't have asked for a better one. SO if they want to make animal sounds over the speaker I could care less. As far as them not having lives, maybe you should take another look at who doesn't have a life (you are the one taking time to comment on how annoying they are )

He just doesn't understand. Thanks, for the compliments. biggrin.gif Also, thanks for being such a great co-supervisor. (Her official title was Assistant Supervisor but she did just as much work as I did, and even more, so I consider her my co-supervisor) You were our "mom" and without you, the crew wouldn't have been as awesome as it was.

Sparky and the rest of the Delirium crew, you guys kick butt. I have never seen a problem with your crew. You guys keep up what you do. I guess people don't understand that after working 40+ hours every week doing the samething over and over again gets boring and to be able to do anything to keep entertained is remarkable. I dont care what you crew does, as long as they are safe, fast and efficent, WHICH THEY ARE, I am all for it.

I am glad that this crew has taken upon themselves to do something not only to break the monotony, but maybe get a few laughs in the process. If only more ride ops and crews would do this same thing. This reminds me of a trip that I made to CP last year. My friend and I went to ride the Cedar Creek Mine Ride. I can imagine since this is not one of the major coasters or rides that it could be quite boring. We also joked that this guy must have been turned down for the Dragster coaster. Anyway, in his spiel in a very monotone and unthrilled voice he says, "Welcome to the Cedar Creek Mine Ride. We are going to take you up a whopping 40ft., not once, but twice." It made us laugh immediately, and we couldn't help but talk and laugh about it all day. That is some of the difference I think that ride ops and crews can do to make standing in line more enjoyable.

Trust me, I could deal with the loudness of the speakers.  It was the crew acting like nerds that annoyed me.  The thought that came to my head when they were making voices on the load speaker was "Wow, they have no lives."

It's called passing the day. When you work 40+ hours a week in 95 degree heat all summer then you can start complaining. Until then, know what you are talking about before you try to put my crew down. There is SO MUCH more to being a good ride operator then just checking restarints and you've failed to see this. Instead, you contine to want to try and put me down and make me look bad. It's not working, so get off of it or else.

I'm sorry but if you attack me, fine but when you go off making remarks you can't back up, I, as their head supervisor, get pretty darn offended. My crew does the same thing day in and day out just so you can enjoy a ride on Delirium or SlingShot and you want to go off and make unfounded comments about them? Come on man! Try and find something else to try and bring me down but DO NOT attack my friends.

I love my crew to death and they gave me the best summer I've ever had. We got top five(even went up on the second audit) in the two audits, numerous GR compliments, tied for most "Crew of Excellence" flags in the park with 8, two line associates off my crew got promoted over the season, and certified two CT's. So until you know what you are talking about, don't speak on my crews character or lives until you've come to know them! mad.gif

Okay, now I can't speak my opinion? Do I have to say "Oh, you guys kick butt!" for doing absolutely nothing like the rest of the members on this site? That's why I hardly come on here anymore. This website used to be good, but now it just seems like garbage. Everyone on here holds the employees up like gods. I just don't understand it. I probably make 20 more dollars and hour than all of the workers here. Even the workers act like they are higher than everyone else on here and that ****es me off. Just look in the employee section and you can see numerous examples. Anyway that doesn't solve the problem of how annoying Delirium's crew was/is. Well and now we have another problem that if I speak my mind I get flamed and I get accused of flaming while I am being flamed. I never attacked a single member when I said that I felt that Delirium's crew was annoying. Right after that AZ Kinda Guy had to flame me and put me down. Is that fair? No, but he'll get away with it since he is a mod on this site and he works at the park. After that I have to be attacked by yet another person on this site just beause I said what I truly felt. I have to ask myself "Will it stop?" Maybe or maybe not. And again the members of PKIU give support to the PKI employees when they prbably have no clue on what the hell is going on. All of this time the employees have tried to make me look like he bad guy. I said one simple thing and then all of a sudden everyone is saying that I am "attacking" them. But look what they wrote, a whole bunch more than I did, and the insults were directed at me only. Did I ever insult anyone? No, but I might have offended someone. That is still different from directly insulting someone even if you got offended. That immaturity is uncalled for and needs to stop. Not only have I been insulted, but I have to be threatened too. What's up with that? Get off of it or else? What exactly does that mean? Are you going to try to beat me up? There is absolutely no need for threats on a PKI fan site. That's when you know something is wrong on and internet site when one of the staff is insulting and threatening you. Shouldn't the staff be protecting you? If that's not the case then why even have moderators? I think someone has been abusing their powers a little too much.

Now, I'm pretty much done on addressing my opinion on the situation on PKIU with the workers. Let's move on to Delirium's crew. Don't get me those crappy excuses that there is more to just checking restraints. And no, I haven't failed to see this. Please don't tell me what I have and what I haven't done. That's not your job. Sure you could do more things to make the guest's experience a better one, but I haven't seen Delirium's crew do that once. The voices they made on the load speakers were not for the audience to hear, but for the workers to hear. Instead of doing their job efficiently, they had to goof off. That's not what makes you a good crew. You go to work to work, not to goof off with your friends. Of coarse you can have fun at work, but you need to learn how to have fun and still do your job correctly. Making stupid voices over the load speaker isn't doing your job correctly, and I didn't see one person in line who got a kick out of it. So don't give me crap that the guests liked it, because I could tell they didn't. You guys may think that you are having fun, but you don't see it from the guest's side. While we are trying to talk to whover we're with, you guys have to ruin our conversation by constantly talking over the load speaker in an annoying way. And if you weren't the ones who were doing it, you probably would agree with me. You can say something funny in the line, but when you are being constantly annoying, that is too much. Everytime I've gone on Delirium except for the video shoot and media day, I've had some kind of bad experience. Either the crew was acting like jackasses or were being asses. And I'm not attacking anyone, this is the truth. So if you have a problem with that, please do not flame me or threaten me. That's just childish, and that behavior needs to stop. There is so much more I have to say and that I could talk about, but it can wait.

Ok man you say your not insulting anyone? Well I think that when you tell a supervisor of a crew that his crew pretty much sucks, then your insulting him/her, and the crew. When somebody works hard on molding a crew and somebody out of the blue just comes out and insults them, then thats gonna boil the supervisor over. My crew wasnt the best this year but if you made the same comments you made about my crew, I would have went off on you too. Sparky is one of my good friends and when I say he worked hard on his crew, HE WORKED HARD ON HIS CREW and you have absolutly no right to insult it. So if you think that all the employees overrule this site then why dont you just go somewhere else and enjoy making your 20 dollars more an hour. Your right, we dont need this imaturity on this site but we dont need you starting things. Think before you speak man. Thats all I got to say.

Whatever man. You say you didn't insult anyone when you did. Saying my crew has no lives when you don't even know them? Sounds pretty insulting to me.

I'm not going to argue anymore. I know my crew rocks and it seems everyone else does and thats all I need. Not some enthusiass putting them down when they have no idea what they are talking about.

Words of advice: Never insult someones crew when you can't back up your statements.

Edited by AZ Kinda Guy