Give Kids the World- First Half

LongliveKingsCobra

Hello ladies and Gents, well first off I will post the first half of this TR tonight. (The actual GKTW event) Tomorrow I will post the second part.

The alarm went off at 5 am for me to get up, I got up got ready and left here about 5:40. Got to the park when they said we were suposed to be there, but apperently not, we did not get in till about 6:30-45ish? Well we were off! Haha the Ride Ops, Were AMAZING! Troy, Jessica, Chad, John...and tons others, they were great and kept ride counts for us. Well anywhoo. The way it was set up was, we got to ride 5 times, then we would get off and let the train cycle through and then get back on. Everytime we came to the station we would stop, the restraints would be released and then we would set them back down. So for the morning everything went with out a hitch.

Then it was lunch time-at about that time I was at 50 something :)

For Lunch I had a Ceasar Wrap, Chips, cookies and Coke Zero! My only suggestion is put out signs that say whats what, cause the whole group played guessing games!

Then it was back on for anouth 5 hours of riding.

After the 5th ride, I entered my Zen state, where I would sit back close my eyes and let my body loose and just go crazy! It was great! The air time?! AWESOME! I remeber back a few months ago, we had a debate about whether or not restraints are needed, that roller coasters are meant to keep you in...well if you say that, take a ride on Racer South (Red Racer) and go off the second hill, right before the turn round!

Then it started getting busy, all the morning guests were jumping the fence to get to our side where we told them that this side was closed (aka Lots of ****ed Off GPs). It got bad enough that we condenced our GKTW group to one train, so it operated Train 1-GKTW Event, Train 2-GP. I never noticed how long it takes to load GP when you sit in a very, very, VERY hot tunnel.

I made this diagram to show what I learned after riding for 10 hours:

[*O*|O|X][O|O|X][O|O|X][O|O|X][O|X|X]

*O* = BEST RIDE EVER!

O = Good Ride!

x = AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

So I will start with the front: The very front seat! ZOMG! Smooth as glass, and airtime out the mouth (My 100th ride of the day was in the Front, as was a ton of others)

The second seat of the car was ok, a little more rough but not bad

The third seat in the train...NEVER. The lap bar would go down on me to where it was like no one was in there, thus it was squeezing my legs really bad. And it was rough!

All and all it was a fun event def. worth the 50! I was the only rider to have all the rides (I didn't take one break other than the manditory ones) So my total ride count was 115. I grabbed one extra one later in the day for 116!

So All day I would tell my friends that I rode The Racer 116 times today, the guests around me would look at me like I was crazy, but I am.

Alright so after the marathon we were congradulated on 115 rides on The Racer. We went down the exit and we all got our certificates. The rest of the KIC-ers went and rode Racer Blue, I got water and two advils, and sat by the exit. After they got off, we walked over to the bathrooms where I was asked if I was on KIC I said yes, and then well I was introduced to all of them. (Some of them I know from TRs).

We then went to DB, WHOO first ride on that of the day it was awesome. Once we got off Rachel was there (StalkerChick). And we all went of to DT to ride it, I got seat 6, and it was a good ride. This is where we found that THERE WAS SOME KIND OF LAND CLEARING BEHIND SOB, DON LIED! He said that there wasn't any, but we clearly saw it.

After that my friend showed up so we went to Flight Deck, and rode in the back. FUN RIDE! We went over The Racer, and I rode the Red side, to grab my 116 time of the day! The ride op, was a little rude- Didn't you ride this like 100 times already? I said Yea, he said...oh. I was a little turned off by that, I mean when the Gold Tag people were around he was nice and friendly, and HE WAS A SUPERVISOR!?!? Oh well.

After that we rode Zepher. Fun little ride. We then rode Diamond Back again, again another fun ride! After that it was about 8:20 so we went over the The Beast, got 3rd Row 1st train...that was a bad mistake, rough ride. We got off that and went over to Flight of Fear, I usally sit in the front on this ride, but I felt like being adventures and sat in the very back. Very Good ride, and not even rough.

Last time we were at Kings Island, I got a great DB ride with Fireworks going off as we went up the lift hill, we tried our best to get it this time and we were off..by 3 minutes. As soon as we hit the break run we heard a very loud boom, and we were mad. Oh well as I say.

We left, only having to walk to the VIP entrence. And went to Perkins for dinner.

Fun day at KI, the morning-afternoon had a great reason and great fun. The evening was fun and pleasurable.

**UDATE**

This morning after waking up at 2:00 :). I am so soar with my upper body, and my thighs...

Ride Count:

Drop Tower-1

Flight Deck-1

Diamond Back-4

Flight of Fear-1

The Beast-1

Zepher-1

Red Racer-116

Thanks for reading!

BTW it was great to meet: Dave! EDIT-Rachel-haha fail on my part. Oh well as she said, she hasn't posted here in a long a** time..which I think we are perfect minds lol(Stalker Chick)(Sorry I don't know how to spell it). Jackson. PKIBOY(AHH I forgot your name, my bad) KICoaster Girl, and many others!

I will Clear up the names Davestrom is Dave, Kicoastergirl is Elizabeth, My self Adam, Beast1979 Jackson StalkerChick is Rachel. Dont ever be shy to meet other Kicers we are one big happy Family. Most of us have become Best of friends. Gald to meet you today if you ever at the park im uassly at Diamondback. hope you had a blast today.

^yea, i was telling adam last night on facebook about how last time i rode front seat on the red racer i hit my lower neck on the top of the head rest multiple times, just to gauge how much ejector air that is, when i set in the seat, flat on my butt, my head barely reaches the top of the head rest. B)

Sounds like a great day! I don't even think I've ridden The Racer 20 times in my entire life, so I'm wondering this is something I want to do in the future when I get my driver's license. 116 rides is a great lifetime count for a ride, and to think that you were able to do it in a single day blows my mind.

Sad that the ignorant (I didn't say stupid, I said ignorant) GP had to come in and spoil the fun. Was there a sign or something that said "Red Racer closed for event" or anything?

I agree with the front being the best seat. I'm one of the people who will wait 4 trains to get a front seat instead of just walking on the second row.

I will Clear up the names Davestrom is Dave, Kicoastergirl is Elizabeth, My self Adam, Beast1979 Jackson StalkerChick is Rachel. Dont ever be shy to meet other Kicers we are one big happy Family. Most of us have become Best of friends. Gald to meet you today if you ever at the park im uassly at Diamondback. hope you had a blast today.

I was the kid at the Starlight Spectacular that you talked to.

That wasn't there until later in the day, for most of the monring there was only a trash can, which people still walk right through. NOT TO MENTION they did that on The Beast after the ride had closed for the night. Needless to say we saw them being walked right back with Park Security in tow. or is it toe? idk.

It offers children from all over the US and the world to come to Flordia FOR FREE! And stay a whole week. they get tikects to two Disney Parks, tickets to Universal (Both parks) and tickets to Sea World. Along with all other kinds of goodies. IT offers its services for 100% Free to the paretns, and it's a non profit orginization. You can actually go down anytime and volenteer for them, which sounds like fun for Spring Break. the kids are children who are terminally ill, or are fighting Cancer, Lukemia (sp?).

It's a great charity by far. And they spawned and work closely with Make A Wish.

To expand on what LLKC said.

Give Kids The World Village is a Orlando resort that offers week long vacations for childern with life threatening illnesses and their families. They have 140 villas that are all handicap accessible. They have a zero entry pool with water proof wheelchairs allowing kids to splash and play like other kids. GKTW provides all meals and transportation to the Orlando theme parks and works directly with them distributing the tickets that the parks donate.

The idea is to allow families to make memories and not have to worry about the day to day stresses that come with endless doctors visits and the such.

Children are first identified by their doctor and then are referred to a wish granting organization such as Make-A-Wish. If the childes wish is Disney or any other Orlando park (most wishes are for Disney) they are sent to Give Kids The World Village for the fulfillment of their wish.

Here are some examples of what the money may be spent on

--$300 will help make the Village sparkle for three Wish Families during their week-long stay. Often our guests are dealing with special health concerns and immune deficiencies so it is very important to keep the Village as clean an sanitary as possible while keeping the comforts of home and the feel of a resort.

--$150 will help produce an entire week’s work of magical entertainment for three families. Helping children become true pirates and princesses, play the World’s Largest Candy Land game or visit with Santa Claus, each takes place every week at GKTW.

--$75 will help provide three families with their Welcome Gifts and Snack Pack so our special guests can focus on having fun and not worry about souvenirs or if there’s milk in the fridge!

--$15 provides three families with their pre-arrival package sent to their homes detailing all they will be able to do at GKTW...filling them with hope and joy as they plan their trip

--$150 helps create 144 magical wish pillows from the pillow tree in the castle

--$6 will make Magic Buttons for 6 Wish Children. The Wish Button distinguishes our special guests from other tourists at the popular Central Florida attractions and is each family’s ticket to free parking, complimentary stroller and wheelchair rentals, Express and Fast Pass to rides and attractions, recognition for extra special attention at parks and more!

Just imagine how much preparation we go through to go on vacation. Now imagine doing that with a sick child. All of this is taken care of by Give Kids The World. Also remember that these families typically don't get to go on vacation because care for their child is a 24/7 job on its own.

The more you consider just what they do, the more you want to help them. I hope there is a Coasting for Kids 2011 and I hope to see you all there.

I (the guy with all the tats) rode with you in the front seat numerous times LLKC, some towards the back as well. I agree, the third row of any car was horrible. Was so rough for me it altered my ride ability for the afternoon. We all rode way more than the ACE rep though, lol.

This was a great event and hopefully next year it will be even bigger :)