Performer Falls During Signed Sealed Delivered

Kirk Sheppard

wow...reading this thread I thought I'd gone back to the 90s and was reading rec.roller-coaster again ;)

Purplehaze...how long ago were you a performer at KI? A friend of mine from high school was a performer for a few Summers. (But, that was like '87 or '88...a VERY long time ago <G>)

Wow, having to know how to walk and sing karaoke at the same time for almost 15 hours a week. I bet the men on Deadliest Catch and UFC are glad they don't have a job that difficult.

Sarcasm...I love it! tongue.gif

Kirk...it's possible that if you don't know BavarianBeatle his post may come off wrong...but I know it was not meant to be mean.

Thank you. I can't believe that anybody would take what I said seriously. It was obviously a joke meant to poke fun at Purple Haze and to make light of the situation (once I learned that the performer wasn't injured, of course). Kirk, many people find falls to be humorous, hence the existence of things like The Three Stooges, Americas Funniest Videos, and Wipeout. Please doon't take it personally, and be aware that humor of this nature is common on this site.

--Beatle, who remembers the puns and jokes during the discussions of the KK accident several years ago.

Kirk...it's possible that if you don't know BavarianBeatle his post may come off wrong...but I know it was not meant to be mean.

Leave my performers alone! :-)

After reading this, a certain viral video comes to mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZAr9E8i3ng

Ogrmac, who is just funnin', and knows that BavarianBeetle meant no ill will toward anyone, especially the performer, with his comment.

Wow, having to know how to walk and sing karaoke at the same time for almost 15 hours a week. I bet the men on Deadliest Catch and UFC are glad they don't have a job that difficult.

Thank you. I can't believe that anybody would take what I said seriously. It was obviously a joke meant to poke fun at Purple Haze and to make light of the situation (once I learned that the performer wasn't injured, of course). Kirk, many people find falls to be humorous, hence the existence of things like The Three Stooges, Americas Funniest Videos, and Wipeout. Please doon't take it personally, and be aware that humor of this nature is common on this site.

--Beatle, who remembers the puns and jokes during the discussions of the KK accident several years ago.

Sorry that I misinterpreted your comment... though I don't think you were making fun of anyone for falling. I took it that you were insinuating that Kings Island performers do not have difficult jobs and that PurpleHaze was being ridiculous for saying that they did because they don't work as hard as other non-related career professionals . . . it didn't seem that you were being jovial, but that you were being negative and sarcastic, that's all. We don't need negativity on this board, but I'm sure I overreacted and made it worse.

All is good, thanks for clearing it up.

Kirk, who is moving on now and hopes to avoid any controversy for the next few days at least. :-)