Ummmm... interesting

It is no more weird than talking about other parks in the threads. Those banners are a source of revenue. Some affiliate marketing works off of key words the bot spyders pick up while accessing pages and indexes. I am not sure this was where a site host put it up. They usually do not do that unless it is a free account then they have control of what ads go up.

yeah what I said :)

I didn't think it was a big deal. I just didn't expect the computer science lesson and fundamental semantics that followed. I just thought it was funny there was a Six Flags ad banner on a Kings Island site. Certain people on here really need to develop a sense of humor and stop taking things so seriously.

A Six Flags fan site? If Cedar Fair wants to advertise there, I am sure their money would be welcome.

On a Six Flags corporate site? Not in this lifetime...

Unless, of course, the companies merge. Stranger things have happened in the past. Most would have never thought Cedar Point and Kings Island would share an owner!

I didn't think it was a big deal. I just didn't expect the computer science lesson and fundamental semantics that followed. I just thought it was funny there was a Six Flags ad banner on a Kings Island site. Certain people on here really need to develop a sense of humor and stop taking things so seriously.

Sure it is a big deal when you say CF site. This is not a CF site.

I didn't mean to be rude. I just didn't see what the big deal is.

Sorry, I re-read that and it sounded harsh...

EDIT: 700th Post!

^ I meant on a Six Flags fan site (if they have any)

There are many such sites. Some do accept advertising. And nothing prevents Cedar Fair from advertising on most of them...except perhaps for lack of funds to do so...It wouldn't seem to be the most effective use of precious ad funds...though perhaps they would want to run their FUN & Only ads, tee hee.

I sincerely doubt Six Flags chose to advertise on this site specifically. The system works based on keywords - the person setting up the ad campaign specifies certain keywords which should trigger the ad, and Google displays ads based on keywords it finds on the site. I'm not sure why Six Flags feels the need to resort to Google Ads to get customers (surely there are better ways to reach customers), but I guess they feel it will generate more revenue than other advertisement methods.

. Those banners are a source of revenue. Some affiliate marketing works off of key words the bot spyders pick up while accessing pages and indexes. I am not sure this was where a site host put it up. They usually do not do that unless it is a free account then they have control of what ads go up.

yeah what I said :)

Did I call it or what, he says with a wry smile cool.gif