Old Son of Beast trains

BeastForever

Secondly, the way I remember it, KI had a kids attraction during the day, and at 7:00pm, the park was geared for those 14 and up. So I have yet to see something that is completely wrong with these images.

The displays were not taken down each day and put back up once the "kids" stuff was over.

So what you are saying is the fact that children could see these displays, it marked them forever? It seemed to me that the way they were done, the displays were kid friendly, but the adults, whom the displays were aimed for anyway, got the innuendos, and were offended. Goes back to my point, if you don't like scenes of death and such, then don't go!

So what you are saying is the fact that children could see these displays, it marked them forever? It seemed to me that the way they were done, the displays were kid friendly, but the adults, whom the displays were aimed for anyway, got the innuendos, and were offended. Goes back to my point, if you don't like scenes of death and such, then don't go!

The kids don't necessarily see all the Haunt stuff during the day. Mostly they'll just cover up the really graphic, disturbing props during the day. But nobody will really care if they leave gravestones, jack-olanterns, and skelotons out during the day. Those props don't scare the living bajesus out of the childrean. They just add to the fun!smile.gif And yes, I used the word "bajesus"tongue.gif

• Like 1

The way I see it, South Park, Family Guy (Even did a few 9/11 episodes) does even wrose things than this.

Amen. Family Guy is the lowest of the low in television, yet it is still shown during primetime. If you compare the haunt attractions to an episode of Family Guy then you'd see that the haunt attractions mild to say the least.

I see nothing wrong with pushing the limits. Obviously when a park is open until midnight it is marketed for teenagers, so target audience enjoys this type of thing which is relatively mild compared to what you can find on TV.

Heck, Coney Island once had a freak-show with actual people getting exploited and laughed at by the park guests, and people are talking about the negative impact of Halloween decorations...

Tributes to dead celebrities are wrong? OK? What about the guy hanging from the train bridge, clearly visible from Diamondback's second half? Or the guy kicking and squirming in the bag hanging from a tree on Trail Of Terror, or the severed heads hanging from a tree?

Back on topic though.... the season before they had King Cobra trains with Skeletons in them.

100_7477.jpg

Which means that if SOB was renovated in 2007/2008, the cars were used in 2008 for Haunt.

Heck, Coney Island once had a freak-show with actual people getting exploited and laughed at by the park guests, and people are talking about the negative impact of Halloween decorations...

Times were much different, back then. Though 'gray areas' were in abundance, human rights was not one of them.

Amen. Family Guy is the lowest of the low in television, yet it is still shown during primetime. If you compare the haunt attractions to an episode of Family Guy then you'd see that the haunt attractions mild to say the least.

Much of Family Guy's satire comes from certain boundaries people have, over the years, placed on society. Now Family Guy tramples all of these boundaries, thus hurting the feelings of people who believe these boundaries need to be honored, while still leaving with a positive closing message.

Now compare Family Guy to Woodstock, of a previous era. A lot of people's feelings were hurt, because they did not approve of the boundaries being pushed, BUT Woodstock ended with a mixed message. Woodstock actually destroyed the lives of many. (Peace, law breaking, and drug addiction...)

I see nothing wrong with pushing the limits. Obviously when a park is open until midnight it is marketed for teenagers, so target audience enjoys this type of thing which is relatively mild compared to what you can find on TV.

Kings Island, with last year's publicity stunt, brought back very unpleasant memories to the families and friends of Steve McNair and Heath Ledger. In my honest opinion, this is far worse than any trampled boundary.

Well I LOVE Family Guy, I mean honestly, they just do what they want, and I think thats great. It's satire, they really aren't making fun of people (alot?) Like Huck Finn. When we read this year in English Honors III, we did a week long discusion if Twain was racist with Jim, or he used him to be satiricle about The South during Reconstruction, because of the use of N- so many times.

BUT back on topic: Again, Halloween Haunt there is going to be death and gore, its apart of the attractions. They tell you that, due to content may not be suitable for younger people. How many of you would go if they had pretty pink ponys, and princess for their Halloween Haunt. I think it was creative, and pushed us to: The Outer Limits!

Cobra, cross referencing a book, a Halloween Event, and even a Ride at KI!