Friday, September 3rd

pi_kapp_shack

At long last we are planning a trip to Kings Island. It has been at least 6 years since our last visit so I am greatly looking forward to heading back to the park and experiencing all that has changed over the course of time. We will be visiting the Cincinnati area over Labor Day weekend and we are thinking of visiting the park on Friday, September 3. I know that crowds are not the same from year to year due to many factors but I'm looking for some help as to what crowds could be expected on a Friday near the end of the season. In looking at the park's website I see that they are open from noon to 10:00 that day. Is that any kind of indication that they are expecting light crowds.

Thanks!

Thanks for the information. Guess we'll be keeping our fingers crossed and hope that it's not overly crowded. The best part of the trip is going to be seeing our 6 year old and 2 year old enjoy the rides that we grew up with, and some new ones as well. They both had a blast at Disney so we're hoping the enjoyment will carry over to KI as well.

I'm thinking that from noon until about 5 it will probably not be all that busy. It also may not be all that well staffed, and some rides may be closed or rotate operating with other rides.

Thanks Terpy! I was thinking along those same lines due to schools being in session. Our options are pretty limited in terms of what day to go as we have a family reunion on Saturday and then will be heading back home on Sunday, so Friday is the only day to go. We'll just do whatever we can while there and enjoy every second of it!!