New Food Uniform!

Guest PizzaBaby027

Guest PizzaBaby027

My Friend on Facebook, who is a Food ATL, took a picture saying " Kings Island's new food Uniform", Now since I Quit I don't know if they did get new ones? Anyone have any more details about this???

I haven't seen anything out in the park, and CP (which has new merchandise and female rides uniforms this season) still used the red/green/blue plaid and blue apron when I was up there. However, they use blue shorts instead of khaki shorts. I'll keep an eye out next time I'm there, though.

^Actual brought back, those were the uniforms of the 70's and 80's, thought to be gone forever.

That would explain why they look like my 7th grade gym uniform from the 1970s, minus the D-ring belt and kerchief. I feel for the girls who have to wear them. They are pretty much not flattering on anyone and probably uncomfortable as heck.

Unless I am mistaken, the things are made of the early version of Polyester (a word seldom trumpeted these days...back in the day when duPont was proud of it, it was usually called Dacron Polyester...and the duPont family had a child named Polly Esther duPont...I can't make this crap up it's so good). The early versions were hot and quickly developed an odor that could not be washed out. Terp knows. He worked fast food back then and wore a smock (eerily similar in color to the red/blue things the ride ops wear at Cedar Point), and that thing was hot and always stank, no matter what!

^Actual brought back, those were the uniforms of the 70's and 80's, thought to be gone forever.

The red shirts are from the 70's and 80's? Not that I am aware of. Each area had themed uniforms and never remember those.

- Rivertown- red, blue, green and or yellow white checked shirts with bluejeans.

- Coney- red/white verticle candy stripe shirts with poly blue pants.

-Hb- light blue shirts with HB cartoons all over them with blue pants or shorts.

-Octoberfest- German attire

Unless I am mistaken, the things are made of the early version of Polyester (a word seldom trumpeted these days...back in the day when duPont was proud of it, it was usually called Dacron Polyester...and the duPont family had a child named Polly Esther duPont...I can't make this crap up it's so good). The early versions were hot and quickly developed an odor that could not be washed out. Terp knows. He worked fast food back then and wore a smock (eerily similar in color to the red/blue things the ride ops wear at Cedar Point), and that thing was hot and always stank, no matter what!

Not to mention when friction was applied they would melt and get shiney, such as on the slide it would burn instant holes...lol

The red shirts are from the 70's and 80's? Not that I am aware of. Each area had themed uniforms and never remember those.

- Rivertown- red, blue, green and or yellow white checked shirts with bluejeans.

- Coney- red/white verticle candy stripe shirts with poly blue pants.

-Hb- light blue shirts with HB cartoons all over them with blue pants or shorts.

-Octoberfest- German attire

298956b4.jpg

Bring these back :)