Photography rules at the park

israel09

You can take pictures from any public midway, parking lot, Que line and ride platform (as long as it does not interfere with operations). On ride photography is prohibited except on KI&MVRR and the Eiffel Tower. Flash photography is prohibited during performances, but non flash is allowed. Finally, photography in restrooms is prohibited (yes that is an actual rule.)

Some idiot on Diamondback pulled his Camera out while our train was still in the station last Friday. They made him put it away and his batteries fell out in the process. As we start going up the lift we hear "PUT YOUR CAMERA AWAY NOW!!!" and see his batteries come tumbling off of the car he was on. He put it away and didn't dare reach back into his pocket.

Please don't be one of those people and you should be just fine :)

I agree with Terp, be careful snapping pics in Planet Snoopy.

I wouldn't worry about taking pictures of rides unless you are on rides. If you are on a ride, keep the camera away. They seem more strict on the "no loose articles" rule this year, so I wouldn't risk it. It isn't worth a kick from the park.

As far as taking pictures of kids, I would use a LOT of common sense there!

Heck, I wouldn't even recommend taking a picture where people could get the impression that you are taking a picture of them, regardless of age. Nothing spells ackward like a situation where you're taking a picture of a ride, but someone thinks your taking a picture of them (I know this from experience).

Some idiot on Diamondback pulled his Camera out while our train was still in the station last Friday. They made him put it away and his batteries fell out in the process. As we start going up the lift we hear "PUT YOUR CAMERA AWAY NOW!!!" and see his batteries come tumbling off of the car he was on. He put it away and didn't dare reach back into his pocket.

Please don't be one of those people and you should be just fine smile.gif

I have a similar story on Diamondback some girl tried to pull out her camera right as the ride op on the mic was about to say station is clear. He then sees her and says you cant bring your camera on here and she gives it to him so when the trian left he and another ride op took a picture of themselves and put it into the bin it was pretty funny.

I wouldn't worry about taking pictures of rides unless you are on rides. If you are on a ride, keep the camera away. They seem more strict on the "no loose articles" rule this year, so I wouldn't risk it. It isn't worth a kick from the park.

Hell with getting kicked out of the park, I would be more worried about dropping the camera and possibly hitting someone with it. I imagine it wouldn't be very fun paying someones medical bills for head trauma.

LOL @ the bathroom rule. lol I guess they got tired of everyone taking there Myspace photos in the mirrors.

and Treppy, haha, yeah i would never take a photo of someones kids, that'd be crazy and asking for trouble.

I for one get sick of people talking on cel phones in the rest rooms. Talk about invasion of privacy while one is doing their business.

And as to cameras/cel phones on rides, I recall that there was an incident at Geauga Lake ( when it was Six Flags ) when a cel phone hit a rider in the head on The Villain.

LOL @ the bathroom rule. lol I guess they got tired of everyone taking there Myspace photos in the mirrors.

and Treppy, haha, yeah i would never take a photo of someones kids, that'd be crazy and asking for trouble.

I for one get sick of people talking on cel phones in the rest rooms. Talk about invasion of privacy while one is doing their business.

And as to cameras/cel phones on rides, I recall that there was an incident at Geauga Lake ( when it was Six Flags ) when a cel phone hit a rider in the head on The Villain.

A couple years back during the time before Dominator and while Hypersonic XLC was still around, Volcano was closed for a good while because a cell phone hit a man in the head and caused trauma. Though I don't remember if he died or not...

All photos taken are to be used solely for personal (rather than commercial) purposes, and there is a limit to the size and type of lens you are able to use within the park. I don't know what those limitations are and I haven't been able to find it online, so perhaps those photography-minded people on the site could help out.

Somewhat off topic, but while I was riding Diamondback a couple weeks ago I got hit in the face from change falling out of someone's pocket. Ouch. The guy next to me thought it was funny. I was not laughing.

Thats happened to me too. Not very funny :wacko:

Please don't be one of those people and you should be just fine :)

This year I was in line for my first ride on Diamondback. When we were in the final speed rails, a train stopped on the lift about 1/8 the way up. An employee came on the speakers and told a man to put out his cigarette! How stupid are some people.

Somewhat off topic, but while I was riding Diamondback a couple weeks ago I got hit in the face from change falling out of someone's pocket. Ouch. The guy next to me thought it was funny. I was not laughing.

Thats happened to me too. Not very funny :wacko:

lol , that almost happened to me once , it was the like Matrix but with coins. lol

No spitting from moving coaster trains either!

Yes, a kid in front of me on Diamondback tried to SPIT on the people on the ground in the helix before splashdown. He was in odd and I was in even, needless to say it hit my FOOT!

I gave him a piece of my mind. He was like 11.

Another time a kid was doing the weightless thing with a cup and a ball or some type of object, I yelled at him as I was behind him. "THAT"S ILLEGAL IN OHIO!" His face turned white and he put it away. I don't know if it is illegal, but I did not see the object for the remainder of the ride.

Loose change it a big problem on Diamondback.

Make sure when you go, wear cargo pants / shorts with zipper or velcro pockets. Stuff everything in there, and you are good to go.

Please don't be one of those people and you should be just fine smile.gif

This year I was in line for my first ride on Diamondback. When we were in the final speed rails, a train stopped on the lift about 1/8 the way up. An employee came on the speakers and told a man to put out his cigarette! How stupid are some people.

One time I was on the very front seat of AE. As I was going down the first dip out of the station the ride op hit the station brakes because some guy had his cellphone out and he had tell him to put it away. In result, I had cliffhanger experience for a few seconds!smile.gif

Guest rcfreak339

As far as taking pictures of kids, I would use a LOT of common sense there!

Heck, I wouldn't even recommend taking a picture where people could get the impression that you are taking a picture of them, regardless of age. Nothing spells ackward like a situation where you're taking a picture of a ride, but someone thinks your taking a picture of them (I know this from experience).

I have taken thousands of pictures at various parks and honestly have never had this problem. Although I can see where they are coming from.

Dave, Yes you can bring a tri-pod. I bring one almost every time I go to a park.

Can you bring in a tripod? I love night shots at the parks and the best ones IMO are long exposures of moving objects. While they can be done hand held, they are much easier to do with a tripod.

yes that would be awesome. Or even a ND filter for daytime long exposures