Beast Line 8-4-10

BeastForever

Well, I have ridden The Beast every day I`ve gone to the park this year, and have never noticed them doing that. Do they still do the "Two for Tuesdays" season pass perk in one of the cars? I know they used to regulate the amount of people in the station on those days. Its a little harder to separate at The Beast as there are no row numbers listed on the station floor.

I actually like when they separate, as it provides a much more relaxed (and less crammed) environment in the station area. It is also easier for groups to figure out what rows they can sit in to ride together, and if obviously helps with capacity as well. The one drawback (from an operations point of view), is that it requires an additional associate, which requires paying an additional worker every hour.

Ugh. I can't stand The Beast in the middle or back, I HAVE to be in the front. Hopefully they won't keep doing this.

This is exactly why I was surprised that they were doing this. Never have I seen having assigned seating on woodies. Basically I thought because some people can't sit in certain seats without getting beat up real bad.

• Like 1

A good coaster shouldn't mean that you have to ride it in a certain seat.

I'm for this, because people don't know where to stand when lining up for the seats. People tend to sit on the rails 10ft behind them and say, "OH WAIT I'M WAITING THERE LOL" when you try to queue up. It gets SUPER congested.

Again, a good coaster shouldn't mean that you have to ride it in a certain seat! Especially at a certain time of day cough cough.

• Like 1

I have to disagree with you there KI Man. There are certainly great coasters that have seats that make the ride less then great. Beast is a good example, Voyage is another. In both cases back wheel seats make an incredible ride almost intolerable to me. Now Voyage in the front row or Beast in the second to last row? Amazing rides on what can certainly be considered two great coasters.

Exactly as WhataBeast said, the only time you will see a separator at The Beast is when their crew has extra people. Also, not every person there assigns seats, they pulse the station with people as to keep the station open especially on the hot days. You all know it becomes extremely hot and stuffy around the gates when we are all packed in there like sardines.

I agree with you Zach. No matter what the coaster is, if it's good you enjoy it wherever you sit. Yes I have seats I'd prefer to be in, 8-3 for DB but if I don't get it...no big deal I can get a great ride wherever I sit!

I do think it helps the flow of guests. I hate getting into a station and people are all in one little area waiting for their "row" to open up.

I have to disagree with you there KI Man. There are certainly great coasters that have seats that make the ride less then great. Beast is a good example, Voyage is another. In both cases back wheel seats make an incredible ride almost intolerable to me. Now Voyage in the front row or Beast in the second to last row? Amazing rides on what can certainly be considered two great coasters.

Sure there are seats that might enhance your ride, but in general a great coaster should be a great ride where ever you sit. Not like Beast where if I'd get assigned to a wheel seat I'd rather jump over the railing and run away. I take the front at night, nothing else. But that's just my opinion. The front seat or non wheel seats enhance The Beast, but I don't think it's all that great IMO. I do have respect.

Voyage, yes is rough this year. Last year, though, I could sit anywhere. This year...back car front bench, or front seat...no where else lol!

Sure there are seats that might enhance your ride, but in general a great coaster should be a great ride where ever you sit. Not like Beast where if I'd get assigned to a wheel seat I'd rather jump over the railing and run away. I take the front at night, nothing else. But that's just my opinion. The front seat or non wheel seats enhance The Beast, but I don't think it's all that great IMO. I do have respect.

Voyage, yes is rough this year. Last year, though, I could sit anywhere. This year...back car front bench, or front seat...no where else lol!

I can see what you mean. On Diamondback it's always a fun ride wherever you sit. But yes, it's much more fun in the very back or very front.

• Like 1

Agreed. Middle row of the car or the very front seat. Anywhere else is rough. Still rideable, but rough. 4-2 or 5-2 are the money seats on The Beast. The only seat that The Beast is impossible to ride in is the very back row. IMO

How long was the line when you saw them assigning seats? If it was 60+ minutes I understand, but any shorter then that's pretty ridiculous.

Assigned seats on The Beast? No thanks.

Just like all the other coasters I ride, I know where I want to sit and will gladly wait for my seat. I have no desire to wait in line for hours and be told where to sit, on The Beast, Diamondback, or any other coaster. Pulse people into the station if you want, but leave the seat choice up to the rider. Next thing you know they will be blocking off half the train on slow days like they do up north.

Sigh more KIC complainers....... Separating make perfect sense, its a benefit for the guest in how the opts get there partys on the same train.

Some people need something to complain about ... for me it's complaining about people complaining about people who complain, or something like that :D

Not always on DB. One time I asked for the back seat and the guy rudely said "No! go to row 9 please."laugh.gif

Hahaha...some days we were all told if we were separating to grant seat wishes the next day it'd be the opposite. If it was me I apologize. Thankfully I no longer work at the park so I no longer have to separate!

Assigned seats on The Beast? No thanks.

Just like all the other coasters I ride, I know where I want to sit and will gladly wait for my seat. I have no desire to wait in line for hours and be told where to sit, on The Beast, Diamondback, or any other coaster. Pulse people into the station if you want, but leave the seat choice up to the rider. Next thing you know they will be blocking off half the train on slow days like they do up north.

And until I was in college, NO coaster anywhere I'd ever been ever let you pick where you sat. Even as recently as the late 1990's, Riverside Park (now Six Flags New England) told you where you were going to sit on the Riverside Cyclone. You had ZERO choice. And if you didn't like it, you could leave. Period. A very violent coaster it was then, with Morgan trains. And if grandma ended up with a wheel seat, Grandma had two choices...ride or leave. She wasn't even allowed to switch seats with her able bodied grandson in front of her. If she was caught doing so, both her and grandson would be ejected from the park.

• Sad 1

^

I guess I'm a little spoiled. The closest I have ever been to seat assignment is on coasters like Tornado at Stricker's Grove or Screechin' Eagle at LeSourdsville. I really do not see the point of assigning seats at all, separating the line is different. Are you showing your age a little there, Terpy? ;)

As far as complaining goes, at least I didn't launch into a tirade about trim brakes. :P

• 8 years later...
On 8/6/2010 at 5:43 AM, The Interpreter said:

And until I was in college, NO coaster anywhere I'd ever been ever let you pick where you sat. Even as recently as the late 1990's, Riverside Park (now Six Flags New England) told you where you were going to sit on the Riverside Cyclone. You had ZERO choice. And if you didn't like it, you could leave. Period. A very violent coaster it was then, with Morgan trains. And if grandma ended up with a wheel seat, Grandma had two choices...ride or leave. She wasn't even allowed to switch seats with her able bodied grandson in front of her. If she was caught doing so, both her and grandson would be ejected from the park.

I find this rather interesting.

Why?

Because of the requirements that a coaster must fulfill to be granted the status of ACE Classic is that you must be allowed to pick where you sit (https://www.aceonline.org/page/Classic).

Perhaps preferred seating is not as "Classic"-al as ACE makes it out to be?

--

(And yes, I'm bumping this thread because OBVIOUSLY because line separation procedures that took place on The Beast over eight years ago is just sooooooo relevant right now. :rolleyes:)

• Like 2