KINGS ISLAND vs. HOLIDAY WORLD

McSalsa

And in five more years?

I have a fairly good concept of where Kings Island is headed and what it will be like. I can't say with even more probable than not certainty who will own it, though.

Holiday World? I truly haven't a clue. I can say it would surprise me more if current ownership continued than if it did not. That's even more true of the Alabama park, to be fair.

And Kentucky Kingdom? Even more so.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I remember reading an interview with Will about how he went to KI many times as a boy, and fell in love with Beast and Racer.

I love the idea that his love for coasters was kindled at KI, and Raven is his attempt to bring some Beast magic to his little park in Santa Claus. To say that he succeeded is a huge understatement.

I think he even said something to the effect that he was proud of his Raven, even though it was not even close to the size of Beast.  Classy and humble words.

I always think of Will Koch when I am lucky enough to ride Raven, and it brings a smile to my face.

• Like 6

Also an update to Goble's ride comparisons on page 1...

Carousel: KI wins hands down. Star Spangled Carousel isn't really anything special - just a patriotic-themed small amusement park carousel. Worth riding, especially if you like carousels, but it's hard to beat KI's.

SOB vs Legend: You really can't compare the two. I loved SOB in its original form (though I seem to be in the minority there), but beyond being wooden coasters that opened in 2000, there's not much similarity between them. SOB was 200+ feet tall, had a loop and a top speed of 70mph. Legend is 99 feet tall (with a 113 foot drop) and a top speed of 59mph.

Also, I don't remember seeing bumper cars listed. As usual, KI is on the losing end of that comparison. Rough Riders is faster and in a smaller space with no center divider. The cars are also much easier to maneuver.

• Like 3

Also, I don't remember seeing bumper cars listed. As usual, KI is on the losing end of that comparison. Rough Riders is faster and in a smaller space with no center divider. The cars are also much easier to maneuver.

Last time I was there on an operating day (2014), Rough Riders still had its center divider.

The only adult bumper cars I've ridden without a center divider are Cedar Point's Dodgems in 2013. I don't recall whether I rode them on my 2014 visit.

• Like 2