If you could only stay in one section of KI for the day.

BeastForever

Where I'd spend my day is confusing. In the Paramount Era, Rivertown easily. Not only for Tomb Raider, but for the shade, the temperature, Swan Lake, the train, and the "vendors." Today, probably International Street. In an ideal world, Coney Mall at night, because given a limitless budget for upkeep (and removing the microphones from the game operators), it would be charming, ageless, and enchanting, the way it used to be.

But as for the three rides I'd ride (preparing for the torches and pitchforks):

1. Flight of Fear

2. Backlot Stunt Coaster

3. The Crypt

(4). Boo Blasters

(5). KI&MV Railroad

GYK, who is beginning to consider himself less and less of a "coaster enthusiast," and more and more of a "park enthusiast."

GYK, who is beginning to consider himself less and less of a "coaster enthusiast," and more and more of a "park enthusiast."

Couldn't agree more. This year I have noticed myself a lot more interested in atmosphere, theme, entertainment, etc. of parks than I have been in years past.

But I digress...

Area of the Park: Tough, but I'd have to go with Rivertown, the most "relaxed" area of the park in my opinion. If only there was still area specific music, Tomb Raider or Kenton Cove's Keelboat Canal, and swan lake(yes I love Diamondback, but still...) it would be better, I still love it though.

3 Rides:

Diamondback

Beast

Flight of Fear

I noticed Oktoberfest was included in the poll. What Oktoberfest? Its pretty much for all purposes gone. Thirty plus years ago, I would have said Oktoberfest was one of my fav parts of the park with Der Spinnin Keggers, The Rotor, Bavarian Beetle, The Tumble Bug, and The Shoes ( I can never remember the name of that ride. ) all of which are gone now.

If Oktoberfest got rid of Sling Shot (I hate it being there. It ruins the feel of the area) and added at least one more ride, it would be great. I love the shrimp place. Is that considered in Oktoberfest?

yes, & dont forget about Adventure Express & viking fury. ;)

I noticed Oktoberfest was included in the poll. What Oktoberfest? Its pretty much for all purposes gone. Thirty plus years ago, I would have said Oktoberfest was one of my fav parts of the park with Der Spinnin Keggers, The Rotor, Bavarian Beetle, The Tumble Bug, and The Shoes ( I can never remember the name of that ride. ) all of which are gone now.

The shoes were The Flying Dutchman, which resided most recently at SFKK.

You mean, there is more to do at KI than just Diamondback?

This every time

For me, I would choose Oktoberfest. It wouldn't be a trip for me if I didn't ride Adventure Express and eat at least once at Festhaus/Outer Hanks!

1. The Beast

2. Adventure Express

3. White Water Canyon/Delirium

• 1 month later...

Rivertown * It has some shady spots to sit, great food choices and it has a nice flow of people to watch.

My 3 rides to ride all day would be:

1) **The Beast** Beast Morn, Noon & Nite: bring it on

2) **White Water Cannon** different ride everytime

3) **Eiffel Tower** great view anytime of the day

Even though Diamondback is in Rivertown, and I probably could see riding it all day and getting my count up, I went with Coney Mall. There are many more rides

to ride in Coney Mall. I could do Racer a lot, and of course Spongebob is in Coney Mall. I could ride that all day. Call me crazy, but I could.

Rivertown * It has some shady spots to sit, great food choices and it has a nice flow of people to watch.

My 3 rides to ride all day would be:

1) **The Beast** Beast Morn, Noon & Nite: bring it on

2) **White Water Cannon** different ride everytime

3) **Eiffel Tower** great view anytime of the day

thats on international street. wink.gif