Which park would you rather have as your hometown amusment park?

BeastForever

Now at first thought about this thread you're probably thinking, "Oh Cedar Point any day of the week!" But really, I go with Kings Island as is it is my hometown park (obviously) but still, Kings Island has lots of room to expand. There fore, I can expect a new ride every two or three years. Cedar Point, yes, as mentioned before they still have some room to expand but not for long they will have to start removing rides in order to build new ones...

(And yes, I should have posted this in the KI Polls)

• Like 1

Cedar Point any day of the week! :P

Any more, CP is my home park, despite my living in Chicagoland. While I'll always have fantastic memories of the many, many trips to Kings Island growing up, Cedar Point is definitely my favorite park.

Out of the two options - Kings Island. I think it is a much better park for the quick trip to catch a few rides and has a variety of coasters that I love. Although I will continue to enjoy a road trip to CP still.

Also, if CP was my hometown park, that means I'd be living in Sandusky - uh, I'll take Mason thanks.

Expand the options and my recent trip to Knott's Berry Farm comes to mind.

I've only been to CP once over a long weekend, and as much as I love KI, I'd really like to be able to get out to CP more easily simply because I haven't experienced the whole park. As it stands, I'm not very close to either park. I'm an hour and thirty minutes away from KI and roughly three hours away from CP, so really I'd like to have a park close to me period.

As much as I like Kings Island and Cedar Point, I must admit I find a trip to Dream Street much more of a great escape...especially since I know I could never, ever afford to live there...

http://postcards.amu...VIEW-FROM-D.jpg

http://postcards.amu...s008%20copy.jpg

http://www.amusementpics.com/SFGANotesSpring08/052408-179.jpg

A very close and now departed friend always told me it would never matter where I lived, as I'd always want to go somewhere else...and that's very much the case!

With the two choices given, I dont even have to let my mind fully process the statement before I say Cedar Point!! However, as has been said within this post, if the list were expanded the choice would be Holiday World. WDW would get the ultimate nod but I consider that "parks" instead of "park" so it is not a fair comparison.

I still go with Kings Island because we have Beast. And what do they have ugh...Mean Streak. I have to agree CP does have a way better location. But KI has an amazing grand entrance. And for some reason I like Diamondback a lot better than Millenium Force and Magnum.

• Like 1

I loved Cedar Point and I honestly say I liked it better than Kings Island. That being said I went for 2 days in July and it was my first time since '95, and only my second visit to the park. Since 2007 I've been to Kings Island 11 times now, and many trips were multi-day visits. Also I had gone many times before my first trip of '07, dating all the way back to 1989, CP I've only been twice. If I lived next to Cedar Point, I'd probably be just as tired of it as I am of Kings Island, so I'm going to just say that I'm happy with KI as my home park.

And I used to complain about there not being a local park near Indy, but now I'm kind of glad there isn't because its roughly a 2 hour drive to KI right now... if I lived close enough I could go there on a weekly, or even a daily basis I couldn't IMAGINE how tired I'd get of the park!

Guest Millennium

Cedar Point. I really like KI, but I just do not like their coaster collection. And this year I've discovered that I don't really like Diamondback anymore. I would rather ride Gemini all day than DB. Along with that, CP has Maverick, Millie, TTD, and Magnum, my #1 steel. I don't love some of the things about the park, but I have to admit it is a great place with some great flats.

However, I would want SFGA to be my home park the most. The whole park reminds me of KI some, along with great landscaping and awesome coasters. I could imagine myself going there over and over and enjoying it.

But I bet I would rather have KI as a home park if I lived in Newark and went to Great Adventure every other week. It is hard to say.

I have many, many Jersey friends, some of them very close. They all grew up with Great Adventure (and never, ever call it Six Flags). To a person, they each prefer Kings Island and adore Cedar Point! I call it Statue of Liberty disease...most New Yorkers think the Statue of Liberty is nothing all that special, they take visitors there but never go there...after all, it's always been there to them, and local...