Your childhood first coaster

murphz

My first coaster was, of course, The Beastie in Hanna Barbara Land. I could remember the most intimidating thing about the ride was watching the riders whiz by as I was riding the bumper cars adjacent to the coaster. After a bit of coaxing I was ready for my first ride. The most rememerable thing from that ride was looking to my left, while at the top of the first hill, to observe to observe the sea of cars in the parking lot and as a result how high I really was sad.gif . Needless to say, after I got off, I was soon back on again biggrin.gif Last season I was fortunate enough to take my little cousin on his first ride on The Beastie....the look on his face as he went down the first hill was priceless lol. But unlike me, after he got off opted to ride some of the more tame rides...so it will be a while before I can get him on to the actual beast.

Mine (at least that I can recall) was also Beastie. I remember the days when putting up my hands at the top of the hill and through the bottom took HUGE amounts of courage. That mammoth hill was so tall back then...today, I'm all hands-up on TTD (...as long as you thrust your arms up right AFTER the launch starts...lol).

My first coaster was the Little Dipper at my small town homepark of Camden Park in West Virginia, shortly followed by the Big Dipper at the same local.

The first coaster to really scare me was The Racers at KI (before PKI).

A also liked the Bavarian Beetle at KI. (Yikes! Giving away age on that one!)

And, the Scooby Doo (Now The Beastie)

The one that got me hooked for life? The Beast. And, as I recall, I did not ride it until after about 2 or 3 years after it opened. Funny thing is, I'm not sure what initially scared me about riding this one except for the name. You really can't see that much of the coaster itself, so that couldn't have been the reason.

My First Coaster- was tornado at adventureland in Iowa.. I was soooooo scared my dad forced me to ride it.. and ever since then I have been a coaster lover to this day.. I remember that day like it was yesturday, He made me go on it and it was the most awwwwwwsome ride of my life. the park was pretty empty that day do to storms early, and in Iowa you don't mess with a storm tornados are very common in the state.. so we wrode that coaster alllllll day.. great day..

Bryon Sparks

www.bright.net/~bsparks

tongue.gif

I do believe my first coaster was at a county fair or it was Scooby Zoom. (By the way Scooby Zoom is now Top Cat Taxi Jam). I can't remember which cause it was so long ago. I used to be scared s***less looking at most coasters and be so affraid to ride them. What scared me the most was being younger and seeing the Screamin Demon at PKI, which I never rode. I always thought it would fly off the end of the track. Finally I warmed up with the Screechin Eagle at Americana and he Beastie. Now you can't get me to not ride something.

StXBomber... hands up on Xcelerator and TTD is great. Just gotta be quick during that launch since they won't launch you with your hands up. But front seat of Xcelerator... hands up... over the top hat... three times in a row... great experience I hope to get again during Winter Solace in March.

First of all, I didn't ride my first coaster until 7th grade because I live nowhere near a theme park. I always remember my friends who had been to Great America would always talk about how awesome roller coasters were.

I finally got to my first theme park(PKI) in 1998.

I remember going up the lift on The Beastie. It felt so slow and I was wondering why everyone loved these things so much. Then we went over. After the ride I was totally blown away. I ended up going with my uncle and found myself on The Beast not more than 15mins later. It scared the s**t out of me, but after that ride on Beast, I was hooked.

huh.gif I can't remember what my actual first coaster was because they were so small and the names are hard to remember. I think my first roller coaster ride was at either Americana, the kiddy coaster or the Serpent. Or it was the Tornado or kiddy coaster at Strickers Grove in my hometown of Ross, Ohio. But The Beast is my influence for coaster riding.

My first coaster was the Little Dipper at my hometown park Kennywood, The coaster has long since been torn down.I do remember my first steel coaster It was Double Loop at Geauga Lake.My mom talked me into going onto it I was so scared but after that I was hooked and rode the Corkscrew and Double Loop at least 5 times each that day!

Well since we are also talking about rides that got you hooked on coasters, mine was actually King Cobra. I think it must have been because it was where I really overcame my fears of coasters. It was the first really intimidating ride I rode, and it still makes me sad that it is no longer there. Yeah, it wasn't a very good ride, but it had alot of sentimental value for me.

I loved King Cobra! At the time that was my favorite roller coaster in the park. I loved those bunny hops at the end.

Anyways, my first rollercoaster was like many other people The Beastie. That ride coupled with Boulder Bumpers, Mr. Jinx's Jalopies, Scrappy's Slides, and Smurf's Enchanted Voyage made for some fun times in Hanna-Barbera Land as a Kid.

My first coaster was The Beastie when i was two and a half years old. The coaster that got me hooked on coasters was The Beast when I rode it in the fall of 1995. My first looping coaster was Flight of Fear back in 1996. That same day I also tackled King Cobra. I would then get a season pass for the `98 season and have had one ever since.

Yep, Beastie was called Scooby Doo, until it acquired the tunnel at the bottom of the first drop to mimick The Beast, and hence the name "Beastie." Top Cat`s Taxi Jam was referred to as Scooby Zoom from its opening in 1992-1997. When Hanna Barbera Land was renovated in 1998, they changed several of the attraction`s names, and Scooby Zoom was one of them, and was changed to Top Cat`s Taxi Jam.