Last Sunday the 1st

KI FANATIC 37

Yesterday I did a little experiment and waited for The Beast during a peak time on a super-crowded day. The wait was posted at 90 minutes and the line was a little out to the midway. They were just starting to fill up the back queue house-the second queue house and station queues were filled. I got in line at 3:24PM. Total wait? 50 minutes, 40 minutes under the posted wait. In my opinion, just an example of how line waits are over-estimated. People probably saw the sign that The Beast was a 90 minute wait and didn't want to wait in line and told others it was a 90 minute wait. The only way to know for sure the wait times is to actually wait in the line.

At the place that numbers its flags, they do this to sell flash passes, I am quite certain.

At other parks, like Kings Island, they do it to reduce complaints. Few, if any, are going to complain the wait was less than estimated...but if it is longer, people will go to GR and complain loudly.

Too, few actually time the waits, and most will overestimate in their mind how long they waited...this is particularly true if they are by themselves or with others they don't particularly enjoy passing time with...