Naked Roller Coaster Record Smashed

...The 102 enthusiasts bared all to take their seats on the Green Scream rollercoaster at Southend-on-Sea, Essex. They smasked the previous record by 70 people after 32 attempted the same feat in 2004 at Alton Towers, in Staffordshire....

Barbara Warner, of Bosom Pals, said it ''takes of lot of nerve to take off all your clothes'' in front of so many people and the world's media.

She added the appeal ''would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who was brave enough to bare all and raise such a huge amount of cash - more than £22,000 - for our vitally important cause''.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7933060/Naked-rollercoaster-record-smashed.html

Includes photo...safe for work

Interesting idea. I'd bet that if this type of fundraiser was held at Kings Island, we could get more than 102 people. I'd do it just to say that I did it, not to mention that it raises money for a good cause. Someone with connections to Don should see if he wants to organize this (before it gets cold ;)).

From the looks of the picture, no women wanted to do this! Just an observation.

I don't know what video you were watching, but there were plenty of women participating. A few were even good looking.

Oops, I was looking at a different page and the pictures shown were mostly men. :P

£22,000 is a lot, so it's cool that this record was for a good cause.

Forget the record. I think obscure records that are broken by assembling 102 people are bogus anyway. If the record was 10,000 people, then I would give it some credit.

What is interesting to me is the fundraising aspect. I went back and looked at what the Diamondback first rider auction brought in and... 256 seats auctioned off for $102,000 total. ($398/Seat) I can think of 20 people that would put up (pledge) AT LEAST $100 for me to ride a coaster naked. If you get 256 people to each get $1000 in pledges that's a quarter million dollars! Not to mention the publicity would be priceless.

If you are worried about American opinion, just do it after hours or when the park is closed to the public. If you are worried about cleanliness, sanitized the trains after each run. Or just let people do it in their underwear, although I doubt that would raise the same kind of money or publicity.

You have to look at it from the "promoters" perspective. They just got to see 102 people nude.... and got them to pay for it. That's genius.

Doing it when its dark- you can't see anything at night.

Now ANYTIME I go to ride ANYTHING and I spot ANY kind of brown "stain"- i ain't ridin' in that seat.

Haha that sounds like a lot of fun and for a good cause too, can't beat that. I'd imagine that everyone was nice and freshly showered out of courtesy so I'm sure it wasn't an issue. After all there are quite a few seats at Kings Island that people sit their bare butts on everyday ;)

Here is a first hand experience from someone posted over at coasterforce.com. After reading that I would definitely do this at CP or KI. I'd vote for Millennium Force or Diamondback.

• 2 weeks later...