Whither Conneaut Lake Park Now?

Of course they're going to see limited use of the lazy river during the week. Who's going to come to the park just to ride the lazy river - especially when they likely have to pay to do so?

$5 for a day at the waterpark currently. And the amusement park was closed the days the waterpark now will be.

• Like 2

It's frustrating. I get PM's 'correcting' me nearly every time I say something of personal knowledge. "Website, please."

I blame Wikipedia and this generation of teachers. A website trumps personal knowledge.

That's sad.

When I grew up, old people with personal knowledge were primary sources. Primary sources were valued more than secondary sources.

I guess few realize that nowadays a secondary source can be fabricated far easier than ever before.

There's so much baloney on the Internet. And more every day.

I feel sorry for future historians. So much to sort through, so much of it crap.

To be fair, primary sources can often be wrong too. Over the years memories are blurred and sometimes fictitious ones are created and taken as fact.

Applying it directly to Kings Island, I cannot count the number of times I've been told the old Enchanted Voyage used to play "it's a small world".

• Like 4

As I have said before, the park as it is currently operated and contemplated under the proposed reorganization plan is not sustainable.

Now, we have--go here and read Gore Range's posts on pages 11 and 12, starting June 10:

http://clpjunction.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=700&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

(I am not Gore Range, nor do I vouch for his figures).

If this is anywhere near accurate, the non-tax creditors would never see their secured debts paid to any significant degree under the proposed plan.

• Like 3

More court action on the Beach Club insurance proceeds (breach of contract):

http://www.meadvilletribune.com/news/local_news/conneaut-lake-park-leaders-file-complaint-against-former-beach-club/article_907c2db2-eb67-5883-9248-53cb6e8edf68.html

Given any comment here could be construed as commenting on the merits of the matter, I will neither comment on nor characterize this matter further. See the article for that author's interpretations.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

As expected, a creditor has objected, in essence, to the park's proposed reorganization plan, particularly as to the Joint Disclosure Statement.

What wasn't expected is that it would be Joseph J. and Isabel J. Prischak.

They have asked that the Joint Disclosure Statement be disapproved, primarily as the park has not made a case that it is a viable, going concern that can pay off its debts as scheduled in the plan.

July 14 will be interesting.

• Like 3

I do hope for the best for this park, if anything for the loyal folks that really love the place. I'm sure there are folks out there that feel about that place about like I feel about Camden.

Thanks Terp. I've enjoyed following this. I hope it has a happy ending. We don't need another strip mall where a park used to be.

• Like 3

As an aside, Coney Island never even opened on the fourth of July this year.  Granted, it rained most of the day this year in Cincinnati.

And Coney`s fireworks are on the 3rd,  and they started at around 9:15 instead of 10 because of the rainy weather this year.

• Like 2