Whither Conneaut Lake Park Now?

So, is the $5,500 for insurance for the entire season?

If not, and they get the money for this installment, that means even if do pay this premium, it will just come up again soon right?

I hate to see any small, family oriented park go down. But, and just what I've read here, this really has dead horse written all over it.

• Like 2

Today, Conneaut Lake Park is scheduled to open for the season.

Still no word on the $5,500 debt hearing this week.

Next week, the parties are to file their joint proposal for a reorganization plan. Note that deadline after deadline has passed in the past with no such plan being approved by the court. And, the Beach Club insurance payout remains on hold, the taxing creditors having appealed to a higher court.

Since filing bankruptcy in December 2014, the park has added more than a million dollars more debt, and netted not a single dime.

• Like 3

^^ You are correct, from the park's Facebook page

We are disappointed to have to report that we were unable to complete major renovations to Blue Streak roller coaster as anticipated prior to opening today. While it is doubtful that this work will be completed for tomorrow’s opening, our maintenance team remains focused on completing the renovations ASAP. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause, and promise to do better in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/newconneautlakepark/?fref=ts

• Like 3

No. They have leased it to a former operator of the hotel. One who, under which, some of my worst experiences happened.

It's all about dollars...the fact it is a one year lease (with options to renew) should tell you plenty.

The FIRST thing this guy did was cut rates. That'll help finance badly needed improvements?

I'd almost bet you answered your own question.

Lower the rates to get people in there. Who based on what you said, probably won't be coming back.

But yet they aren't charging enough to put money into it. Or have any other money going into it.

The whole operation, park, hotel, everything, sounds like a disaster.

• Like 1

I'm hoping this first weekend goes well.

After all, if they didn't have $5500 to pay insurance on the convention center, how much do they have set aside to pay employees and contractors? Or were they going to pay them out of the weekend's receipts?

The Blue Streak being closed is NOT a good sign.

• Like 2

Well. Things like that have to be done from time to time. I understand that.

I also understand there is alot going on with and around the park.

But also, ain't it high on the list to get people in the park?? I know stuff doesn't always go as planned. Shouldn't havin the main attraction up and running a high priority?

• Like 2

Only two reviews on their Facebook page from yesterday. Both complain about being told when they arrived that the waterpark wouldn't open until 4 despite the website saying noon. One of the reviewers also complained about the bumper cars being down ($10 for an unlimited ride pass and the only thing their son would ride was down, they waited two hours, park wouldn't offer them a refund...).

• Like 4

I can see not giving them a refund.

I've never heard of a park refunding money cause one of the rides is down. I could see where the parents would be upset. And these folks probably won't be back, either.

It's a shame. What very well could be the parks dying season, you have attractions down on opening day. Concerning.

• Like 3

Conneaut is not a gated park. Walk through. See what's up and what's not. Then decide whether to buy a ride all day, water park pass, tickets, or leave.

Sadly, it's necessary anymore, unless you want to just make a donation. Call first? Place has been known to claim things are open that haven't run for weeks or years.

• Like 5