A group of people jump you, in line...

Coney Islander

I feel like you guys do but I have to admit sometimes I am a bad line person. I have been known to hop out of line (while my family/group) is in line, and bring back 4 or 5 waters. I never do this if the ride is in the que stations but if its lined out past that (FOF in its older great popular days) I will.... please dont stone me, I just dont want my family dead.... lol

They'll stone you when you're tryin' to be so good....

--Beatle, having memories of rainy day women....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to the DB staff for improvement of the line jumping situtation. I have also noticed there is more security in the area to back them up.

Down side: Sadly, most of the public is willing to put up with line jumping and will act like the wrong doer is the person who takes action against the line jumper, not the line jumper. In my opinion, this reaction by bystanders is more disgusting than the actions of the line jumpers.

The worst case I've ever experienced was at our own Cedar Point...

If I'm understanding you correctly, then there isn't really anything the ride op could have done. In order to kick someone out of line for line jumping there need to be two groups complaining. I will usually give a general ''line jumping is not tolerated'' line to the people that were accused if there was only one person or group accusing them.

So company policy is that people can cut in line without punishment as long as no more than one group complains?

Either you need to re-read your employee manual, or they need to re-write the employee manual.

The issue with kicking people out if only one group complains is that that group could easily lie about it for some reason or another. If I see line jumping I kick them out even if no one complains.

If it's at night, now this has only happened to me 4 times, thanks to a lot of nice people, I get in line, wait for it to close it's entrance, let everone cut me, ride the last time in pitch black, ride 4 times in a row!! Now, once and only once, there was this REALLy nice guy that worked there, and he took us to all the coasters, (because he had to test them all) and let us ride with him!!! It was SWEET!!! We didn't get home until 1:30 AM

but if its during the day, i'll be like, Dude, you cut me.

Well, technically we're only supposed to kick the people out if two groups complain.

Exactly why some people have started taking matters into their own hands. This is nothing but an excuse to avoid confrontation, and I've only heard it at KI.

There is no two-group policy at CP. You line jump, you're out of there.

And it's futile when the line jumpers have cut far ahead of you and you don't get to the station in time to inform anyone working there, so they go unnoticed and are allowed to ride anyway.