New looping coaster?

hosscat

I'm talking builders. Not ride types...

We have 3 Arrow Coasters, and 3 Vekoma Coasters. And yet we have 0 Intamin? I'm not complaining about our coasters. They are top notch, but we do need some diversity among company's.

But even then... Arrow. Premier. B&M. Vekoma. John Allen.

You'd be hard pressed to find parks as well mixed as the former Paramount Parks...

Like, Disney parks only have Vekoma for the most part. SeaWorld Parks operate almost entirely with B&M.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love a B&M floorless, as I would have preferred Dominator to Firehawk(which I think flyers are a true fad)Oh well. OOHHH how about a new record of inversions on an Intamin mega-looper style. I think there is one currently NOT in the U.S. a ten-inversion coaster, that I can't recall the name of? What do you guys think?

^The B&M Floorless fad is mainly over.

Um, B&M floorless coasters have been built every single year between 1999 and 2008 with the exception of 2006... Stand-ups are a fad. Inverts are a fad. Floorless coasters are just regular roller coasters with an added (or, really, subtracted) element. Diamondback could be made floorless if they wanted to... It's just like how dark rides are constantly being updated to be "interactive." It's just like a natural progression; like an evolution. It wasn't a fad, it's just a unique twist to any B&M coaster than wants it.

Diamondback should have one normal train, one floorless train, and one stand-up train. tongue.gif

We have 3 Arrow Coasters, and 3 Vekoma Coasters. And yet we have 0 Intamin? I'm not complaining about our coasters. They are top notch, but we do need some diversity among company's.

You are, of course, talking about a company whose flagship park has built four Timmys in the past ten years (five if you count Shoot-the-Chutes). Not to mention their last Beemer was close to 15 years ago (Mantis), and the fact that they only have TWO Beemers in their lineup (the rest are five Arrows, two more Timmys, one Toboggan, a Schwartz, a Komie, and a Dinn).

You are, of course, talking about a company whose flagship park has built four Timmys in the past ten years (five if you count Shoot-the-Chutes). Not to mention their last Beemer was close to 15 years ago (Mantis), and the fact that they only have TWO Beemers in their lineup (the rest are five Arrows, two more Timmys, one Toboggan, a Schwartz, a Komie, and a Dinn).

And that toboggan one is also an Intamin creation...

Not to mention one of the visual draws of the Dive Machine is the splashdown. Been there, done that, though...

Plus, Dive Machines work really well at high-capacity parks. The Busch Parks are destination parks (the Tampa one perhaps moreso than the Williamsburg one, but they're still parks that people save up to go to as opposed to parks like Kings Island or Carowinds that cater to locals and the tri-state area for 90% of ticket sales). Griffon has an incredible throughput. I was there last week with the line out the door and through all the turnstyles. The sign said 15 minutes, and they weren't kidding.

They dispatch those rides so fast... There were times when the train was ready to go, all checked, and they had to wait as the operator tracked the train already on the course, coming over the loudspeaker and saying "Approaching drop... On holding brakes... Approaching block... Annnnndddddddd ALRIGHT enjoy your ride on the mythical wings of Griffon!" etc because the train was ready to go before it was able to be launched. I feel like, at Kings Island, there would physically be no line after the first week of operation because they're so efficient. One operator to check each row you just walk right down and go "check check check check check" ten times and in one fell swoop you've checked half the train.

And as Beetle said, the thing that makes the Dive Machines so appealing is the theme. Whether it's diving through ruined temples full of fog with the story being that you're a shikra (an African bird said to drive straight down through the air to snatch it's prey from the water) or you're amid terraces covered in vines and amid pools of water under the impression that you're witnessing the speed and power of a mythical half-eagle, half-lion... At Kings Island, the same ride might be called "Skyhawk" or something ridiculous and redundant, and it would not be built into the terrain, it would not be themed appropriately and beautifully, and it would almost certainly not have the signature splashdown. So what would be the point?

And as I said earlier, how exactly do you market it? "New at Kings Island in 2012 - Skyhawk! The same height, the same speed, the same drop as Diamondback, but steeper and... different!" Might not catch on..

Not to mention if you have a dual loading station like SheiKra, you can dispatch 2 trains, then load 2 more. SheiKra was running all 5 trains when I visited in July.

SheiKra loads 48 people at once, Griffon 30, Diamondback 32, Vortex 28.

A dive maching with dual load stations would be the fastest line in the park. I am all for it. It would go behind Racer and Trail Of Terror, and drop down toward the river and back up. That would be AWESOME!

I really would love a Dive machine. I've never ridden one, and unless we make it out to BGA this next year (we've been talking about a florida trip since '07) I probably never will unless some park in the midwest such as Kings Island, SFGAm or Cedar Point put one in.

Griffen's obviously newer and nicer than Sheikra, but we're wanting to go to Tampa for a full week stay, and we plan to do more relaxing than theme park visiting.

It probably won't happen though... theres always other things we need to use our money for than taking a big vacation