Is theme Making a Comeback?

TylerRider

Today I read on facebook that a girl saw that Flight of Fear now has the light flicker in the station. It seems lately that a lot of theme is coming back to our park.

1. Adventure Express-water drip

2.Planet Snoopy-Flags and Signs

3.Backlot Stunt Coaster-Water

4.Starlight Spectacular

5. Flight Deck-New Announcements

6. Flight of Fear-Light Flicker and Ride Photos.

Can anyone think of anything else?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Crypt is pretty dark and musty, as a real burial tomb might be... It's also pretty lifeless, but that's a topic for later.

I do see what you mean, though. I just wish some theme would come back where it matters - the glockenspiel, appropriate music, trees... Good points, though! I hope it's a conscious trend that continues and not just a few coincidental mid-season actions.

^ Though admittedly, it's a little strange that the Backlot Stunt Coaster's pool and filtration system were restored at this random time in the season. As was pointed out (contrary to what I'd immediately believed) it is not just rain water. Someone purposefully filled it up, and turned on the filter system. If anyone has a hot tub, you know it takes a few hours to fill it up with a garden hose. Imagine filling that pool up... It certainly wasn't done on a whim.

Today I read on facebook that a girl saw that Flight of Fear now has the light flicker in the station. It seems lately that a lot of theme is coming back to our park.

4.Starlight Spectacular

I'm sorry, It's been a while since I've been to KI (like mid' July?), tell me about this new Flight Deck announcement, and FoF's flight flicker, and Adventure Express's water drip.

4.Starlight Spectacular

I'm sorry, It's been a while since I've been to KI (like mid' July?), tell me about this new Flight Deck announcement, and FoF's flight flicker, and Adventure Express's water drip.

Adventure Express' last tunnel now has the guy turned on at the top of the tunnel. He has a pot that tips over that looks like lava. Flight Deck and FoF are things I have heard, but the Flight Decks Announcements were confirmed.

Whata re the new Anouncements, and Tiki-Man doesnt drip water?

No, he doesn't. He's holding a pallet of "lava" that he tips as the train approaches. In the "old days," a sufficiently large cloud of fog collected on the bowl, and when he tipped it, the fog "spilled" onto the train, lit by various red lights in the bowl. The fog has not returned, but the lights inside the bowl are back, so it has the illusion of lava as he tips it towards you.

When did Backlot fill it's pool back up? I would love to see an image of this.

*in the style of an elderly 80's italian sitcom star*

"Picture it... Mason, 2005... A warm sunny day mid july as a young peasant girl walks over the bridge to the former Italian Job Stunt Coaster and looks down to see a concrete basin, with water 10 inches high "

Does that help any?

I have to assume you've seen the water in the 'splash' before, I can't imagine it looks any different. Unless that was a diminutive way of working in the always trendy, and usually annoying - oldie but goodie... "proof?" replies ...

(as a side bar - it has a been a great long while since I have seen the onslaught of the 'proof' replies here... granted I've not spent a whole ton of time on KICentral this summer but I did notice the lack of those type comments in topics with speculation regarding SoB or 2011... a step in the right, welcoming direction no? )

:-D