Eiffel Tower Down this morning

Kirk Sheppard

Well....this thread went in a toatally different way than I thought it would. The only thing I can see is that...no one cared that the tower was down?

I cared; I was in fact quite glad that I wasn't in the elevator or up on the top of the tower when it broke!

Why not!? So many people here are so convinced that they want to take the stairs on that thing... I know of a few here who would LOVE to be stuck at the top without a working elevator just so they could walk down.

Well....this thread went in a toatally different way than I thought it would. The only thing I can see is that...no one cared that the tower was down?

I cared; I was in fact quite glad that I wasn't in the elevator or up on the top of the tower when it broke!

Why not!? So many people here are so convinced that they want to take the stairs on that thing... I know of a few here who would LOVE to be stuck at the top without a working elevator just so they could walk down.

Maybe but not during a heat advisory and not in the kind of physical un-shape I am in. :-)

-Kirk, who is staying in the Festhaus because its too hot to be anywhere without A/C.

Well yes, I get that. ( :rolleyes: ) But what I am asking is, you're not going to head out in between shows catch a ride on something? THen come back?

It depends. I've got my camera and iPad and tripod that all need stored in a locker. I might stay here for the first two shows and then I'll either go watch the ice show or put everything back in the locker and ride Viking Fury or go up on the tower. I'll likely try to catch at least one of the Signed, Sealed, Delivered performances today, too. I've already ridden a few things but I don't fit on many of the coasters and I get motion sick pretty easily. I will definitely get another ride on Congo Falls in before I leave, though, as there's never a line and it cools me off quite well.

One thing is for sure there are many coaster buffs on these threads which is ok. But as mentioned in many threads there is more to KI than just rides. Shopping, eating, people watching and shows to name a few. I like rides however I spend more time doing the first mentioned items than anything. I love to browse the shops every time I go even if I do not buy.

I also do not wait over 30 minutes for any ride at KI.

Kirk - I was going to try and look up the show schedule for today as I might swing by later. Can you just post it and save me some trouble please?

Well, the one on KI's site is wrong anyway.

Way Too Much TV is at 12:30, 1:30, 3:00 and 4:00

Signed Sealed Delivered's first show is at 3:30 and I'm not positive on the rest...

Down Home Country starts at 5:00, and then I think its 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30.

Don't Stop the Music starts at 5:30 and I'm not sure the rest of the times.

Ice show is 2:00, 4:00, and 6:00 and it ends on Sunday so you'll want to see it before its over.