Halloween Haunt 2010

KIMonster14

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Millennium

I didn't go last year. I haven't heard of any new haunts yet.

I am VERY excited--in October, I'll be taking a 4 park trip--Kings Island, Cedar Point, BGW, and Kings Dominion to check out all of their Halloween events. I already went to CPs and loved it!

How is that really a change from what the park has done in the past? Haunt has always been Friday-Saturday (for the most part), and the Howl-O-Fest Saturday and Sunday.

(And yes, it appears that the Haunt nights slated for Sundays and Thursdays this year have been canned. The park didn`t have much luck opening for Haunt on a few Thursdays last October, thanks to a very cold and wet October.)

How is that really a change from what the park has done in the past? Haunt has always been Friday-Saturday (for the most part), and the Howl-O-Fest Saturday and Sunday.

(And yes, it appears that the Haunt nights slated for Sundays and Thursdays this year have been canned. The park didn`t have much luck opening for Haunt on a few Thursdays last October, thanks to a very cold and wet October.)

Oh that just sucks. I already a had a group planning on going on a Sunday. I can understand cutting out the Thurs nights, but the Sunday we went last year was awesome.

Yes....

Sorry had to :P

Yes, some of us know but value our jobs so we can't tell. Like CincyMan said, just wait for the announcement to be made. Should be in the next few weeks.

hear hear. I mean not all of us are going back to work, so I don't have anything to worry about *insert angel smiley here* buuuutttt... It's still fun to know :D

Oh that just sucks. I already a had a group planning on going on a Sunday. I can understand cutting out the Thurs nights, but the Sunday we went last year was awesome.

Yeah those days did potentially stink... but at the same time i was totally looking forward to going after work every thurs this year!!! :(

And i'm totally gonna feed the rumor mill *nom*nom* It does indeed look like something *big* is going to be going on around SOB. There's also some fun (hopefully) rethemes. but again. we'll see how it all pans out.

Gawd i love being evil bwhahaha

If you delete operating times/days from what you have done in the past, and not just for what was offered for more than one year; does that not qualify as a change?

His question asked about removals? and New? I think my original answer was fair.

Guest PizzaBaby027

Hopefully the weather this October is dryer and warmer for us. I got pretty cold working Haunt last year (but I still had a great time!)

Oh buts thats the great joy of Halloween Haunt, oh how I miss working in the cold, and getting the occasional cups of hot chocolate, really chocolate too....oh yumbiggrin.gif

Only the dead would be interested in Halloween, right? Well I'm not dead...just haven't been around in a while. It's been way too hot this summer and the three days I went were way too crowded--but it was Spirit Song and I got to at least spend a lot of time relaxing at the Kings Island Resort. I'm very much looking forward to the fall and hopefully some cooler temperatures. The Thursday experiment last year failed--quite miserably I might add (I mean seriously can anything fail worse?)--but in all fairness it was due to weather. I planned on going last year on a Thursday so hopefully I actually get to do it this year and enjoy the feast beforehand for the first time if they still do that this year. I would just think Thursdays would be less crowded and the major rides would still be open. Bring on the fall I say!!

...especially Monday-Thursday.

Oh, wait...

Seriously, the ONE weekend...although not as bad as at Cedar Point or Great Adventure, IS usually to be avoided if you don't like crowds...Columbus Day weekend...one of the busiest for many parks...people often use it as their last fling, especially those who have, and/or whose kids have, that Monday off.

It seems like every year in the past, notice I said SEEMS like, Kings Island has adds something new to haunt and either replaced something or aloes it up quote a bit. I would be willing to bet Slaughterhouse will not be back, there will be a new live entertainment show, and at least 2 new or revamped mazes. This is coming solely from judging the park in the past. I, like many others are looking forward to the unveiling of the haunt site to see what we are in store for this year at Haunt.

Posted from my iPhone.......4!!!