Halloween Haunt 2010

KIMonster14

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping for a little more warm and dry October this year, for Haunt's sake at least. However there is nothing like a good, cold, crisp, and foggy fall evening at Kings Island. I love those days.

Posted from my iPhone....4!!

^No need to start to flame. KIFANATIC was asking the same question as you. :)

Last time I checked, one word posts are against the TOS. How was he asking the same question as me? "??????" is considered spam. Nor was I ever talking to you. Be smart and don't reply back to this post. You're on thin ice buddy.

Also, Jasper. How is the iPhone 4 working for you? I've heard of the few hiccups with it and just wanted to hear your input.

I would be willing to bet Slaughterhouse will not be back, there will be a new live entertainment show, and at least 2 new or revamped mazes.

I would be willing to take the Slaughterhouse bet ... as one of the Butchers has indicated he will be returning to it this year

I don't know, Purple... I was also wondering if I met a man with 7 wives and each wife had 7 sacks and each sack had 7 cats and each cat had 7 kits, how many people would I have met?

thats almost the quote from die hard 3 :-)

Bring a friend for free? If it's bring a friend free, then I am completely against it and hope Kings Island doesn't do it. It would just overcrowd an event that tends to be overcrowded on certain nights as is. The thought of bring a friend free on a Saturday night for Haunt is truly frightening.

On another note, I hope Kings Island's Halloween Haunt website is different from Carowinds. That hand knocking on the screen was okay the first 10 times it did it, it eventually got really annoying and made certain words hard to read.

Bring a friend for free? If it's bring a friend free, then I am completely against it and hope Kings Island doesn't do it. It would just overcrowd an event that tends to be overcrowded on certain nights as is. The thought of bring a friend free on a Saturday night for Haunt is truly frightening.

On another note, I hope Kings Island's Halloween Haunt website is different from Carowinds. That hand knocking on the screen was okay the first 10 times it did it, it eventually got really annoying and made certain words hard to read.

Nonono. It's not FREE but it's at quite a discount. I'm not 100% positive on the exact price of their Halloween Haunt, but if it's what it says on the website the normal price is $42. For bring a friend days, they're mostly every day and depending on the day its either $15 or $19. Which is a pretty nice discount. Only one guest per platinum/gold pass though. But still. I'm kinda worried about the crowds it will bring. I have never been to scarowinds and plan on going every weekend so we shall see how crowded it gets.

Hopefully the weather this October is dryer and warmer for us. I got pretty cold working Haunt last year (but I still had a great time!)

Oh buts thats the great joy of Halloween Haunt, oh how I miss working in the cold, and getting the occasional cups of hot chocolate, really chocolate too....oh yumbiggrin.gif

You got hot chocolate?!?! Where was mine? laugh.gif

It seems like every year in the past, notice I said SEEMS like, Kings Island has adds something new to haunt and either replaced something or aloes it up quote a bit. I would be willing to bet Slaughterhouse will not be back, there will be a new live entertainment show, and at least 2 new or revamped mazes. This is coming solely from judging the park in the past.

Why would you think Slaughterhouse wouldn't be back? You say you're judging based on the park in the past... Slaughterhouse was new just last year and the park usually keeps attractions around for more than one year.

I would be willing to take the Slaughterhouse bet ... as one of the Butchers has indicated he will be returning to it this year

I would take that bet too. I've recently been in touch with Sam the Butcher and he told me that as of now he plans on being at the park in one way or another.

Geez, everyone's voracious for any form of news or rumors involving the Haunt to the point of getting ready to gang up on and pounce on an unsuspecting victim. All I can say is just go lay down; everything will be revealed in due time. smile.gif

This happens every year, and I love the anticipation that builds up in August through September.

I know Carowinds is using a bring a friend for...... this year for Scarowinds. I'm wondering if Kings Island is doing the same and what you guys think of this?

Nothing on KI's website about them doing it, and I don't think they need to. I'm not sure what Scarowinds attendance numbers are like, but IMO KI gets enough of a crowd without the BAF offer.

Nonono. It's not FREE but it's at quite a discount. I'm not 100% positive on the exact price of their Halloween Haunt, but if it's what it says on the website the normal price is $42. For bring a friend days, they're mostly every day and depending on the day its either $15 or $19. Which is a pretty nice discount. Only one guest per platinum/gold pass though. But still. I'm kinda worried about the crowds it will bring. I have never been to scarowinds and plan on going every weekend so we shall see how crowded it gets.

I looked at Carowinds' season pass page at the discount for gold and platinum passes. The BAF is $15 on the first two Fridays & Saturdays (in September) and the one and only Thursday they're open, Oct. 28th. BAF is $19.99 on the Fridays and Sundays in October. There is no discount the Saturdays in October.

This may actually be smart for them, the way they have it set up. As you know Fridays are big high school football nights, so they have that as competition. Sundays are a school night, so they have that working against them too.

Oh okay, sorry wasn't sure what you meant initially. I think that could be a good idea for Carowinds since their Haunt is a separate charge, is it not?