Crazy Basketball Shot from Free Fall Ride

The park is dumb to encourage copycat behavior by riders during normal park hours. Yes, they had permission. But...others will want to try it, and probably will try.

Given what I have seen in the past in that park, safety wise, I wish I could say I am surprised.

I am not.

Reminds me of the early in Gary Story days Six Flags park brochure that showed Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck riding a roller coaster, ON TOP OF THE RESTRAINTS, STANDING UP.

Sigh.

IMO there are already to many basketballs at US amusement parks. It wouldn't take much for someone to be thrown a ball from the queue for some idiot to try this at any park.

I feel that if they are going to give out BB as game prizes they should be under inflated so they won't bounce.

The basketball trick shots has been a very heavy trend in youtube ever since Dude Perfect became an internet sensation. Thousands of videos like this are made every month. These guys got famous from that far shot that was featured on ESPN, and they wanted to try something else, Im fine with it. I bet the park had it well supervised, nobody was near the basket they were shooting at. Im pretty sure nobody is dumb enough to try this, and even if they were, ride ops would not let them. Its a form of entertainment, and if they called, asked permission, and the park agreed, I see no problem with this.

The park was closed on the day that they shot these, but I agree with Terpy that the park shouldn't encourage this type of behavior. It would be like KI allowing them to drop a basketball from the top of the Eiffel Tower while continuing to state that you are not allowed to drop objects off the tower. People would try it anyway, someone would get hurt, and the park would get the blame for allowing it to happen.

My biggest irritation these days are those (insert favorite profanity here) basketballs. Every time I go anymore, there are a bunch of kids playing in the middle of midways, and I am sick and tired of having to dodge them. Not to mention the time my daughter was nearly hit in the head on Beast because some idiot took it on and thought it would be real funny to throw it behind him going down the second hill. Give the balls outside the park if they win, and don't allow them back in-simple solution. Guess they'll have to learn the hard way when someone gets hit and the park gets sued.

The park is dumb to encourage copycat behavior by riders during normal park hours. Yes, they had permission. But...others will want to try it, and probably will try.

Given what I have seen in the past in that park, safety wise, I wish I could say I am surprised.

I am not.

Reminds me of the early in Gary Story days Six Flags park brochure that showed Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck riding a roller coaster, ON TOP OF THE RESTRAINTS, STANDING UP.

Sigh.

With some of the dumb copycat behavior you see these days, wouldn't surprise me if people copied the Coyote's behavior when he was trying to catch the Roadrunner. ( sigh.)

Each time I've ridden Kings Dominion's Drop Zone, an employee walks all the way around the gondola and each rider is required to hold up their hands to be sure they are not holding something (a coin, a rock, etc). Some rules should be obvious, but must be written once it's proven that some human beings are not capable of knowing or respecting the obvious until someone gets hurt.