Kings Island's Eiffel Tower...

Coney Islander

Guest rcfreak339

And this topic has now turned to H E Double Hockey Sticks.

You two honestly have no clue. Honestly.

PizzaBaby, How do you know that was actually the "guy" who designed the show? It takes more then just one guy to design and program such a show.

GoodyYellowKorn, How do you know a contract was signed or not? A contract may have very well may have been signed and PizzaBaby might be correct. But then again, GoodyYellowKorn may have been right.

Bottom Line? You both don't have a answer. Stop arguing.

Indeed, Let the normal discussion continue!

I said that I do not know the status of the park's contract, but that if I did, I couldn't say. This poster comes across as many in the past have - they heard something from someone, and they work at the pizza place, so they know everything about the park. I'm not saying I do. Just that, if he does know about a "contract," it's information that shouldn't be shared to the public, because it was clearly told to him in confidence.

And of course I said, "most park employees have little knowledge about the inner workings of the park, despite what they may feel." Everyday employees do NOT know about Son of Beast, or private contracts, or corporate matters... How many times have you heard someone on the train talk about how they know what's happening to Son of Beast, or The Crypt? Or the employees who can tell you allll about how Cedar Point bought the park and Diamondback used to be a ride at Cedar Point and they moved it. Or that Vortex is sinking. There are employees who will tell you alllll about how Vortex is sinking. I've heard it too often. So when a worker comes on spouting about a contract for an in-park light show that he heard about while on the job (but also that he quit "a long time ago," when Starlight has been happening for all of four months), it comes across as fishy.

And I said time and time again in my posts that it really wasn't about Starlight, because that's not even an awful example of sharing inside information. Just that there are serious circumstances around hearing something as an employee and sharing it publicly, and that being an employee at Kings Island doesn't give you inside information in contracts, ride statuses, construction, etc - would you disagree?

I suppose that I will be the one to bring this thread back on topic. wink.gif

I think that the Eiffel Tower will remain for a very long time, probably for the remainder of the park's life. As long as the structure is kept painted and maintained, there should be no problems. Like many have said, look at the real Eiffel Tower in France. It is nearly a century and a half old, yet it is still standing strong. I am sure that the steel that Intamin used in the 70's is probably around par with that of the 1880's steel used on the real tower.

On a side note, didn't Cedar Fair paint the tower sometime late 2006? Or was it CBS in early 2006/2005? Anyways, doesn't the tower typically have a 4 year timeframe between paint jobs? If this is correct, then isn't the ET due for another paint job this offseason? (I remember looking at some pics on the KIC mainsite from Winterfest 2005 and seeing a displeasurable amount of what looked like rust spots on the back of the tower.)

The biggest detriment to the tower's health would be rust, and as you said, it's kept pretty well maintained in that department... It gets painted as often as most of the park's major rides, after all (except Flight Deck?). I do hope that, next time, they update the color. The blue-green is nice for photos, but I'd like to see how it would look in other hues. Like I said, the real Eiffel Tower has been dark red, yellow, and brown. Never blue, green, or a mixture. I think that Kings Island's tower painted a deep, dark maroon would be quite striking. But would the park go out on a limb and buy hundreds of thousands of gallons of paint, perhaps to be stuck with a color it doesn't like for five years or so?

Anyone wanna try some things out in photoshop? :P

SIDE NOTE: Is Flight of Fear painted? I mean, I'm sure it was painted black, right? But is it in the paint rotation at all? Or does it go like, twice as long as other rides? Since it's physical appearance doesn't actually matter, it would be interesting to find out!

The biggest detriment to the tower's health would be rust, and as you said, it's kept pretty well maintained in that department... It gets painted as often as most of the park's major rides, after all (except Flight Deck?). I do hope that, next time, they update the color. The blue-green is nice for photos, but I'd like to see how it would look in other hues. Like I said, the real Eiffel Tower has been dark red, yellow, and brown. Never blue, green, or a mixture. I think that Kings Island's tower painted a deep, dark maroon would be quite striking. But would the park go out on a limb and buy hundreds of thousands of gallons of paint, perhaps to be stuck with a color it doesn't like for five years or so?

Anyone wanna try some things out in photoshop? :P

SIDE NOTE: Is Flight of Fear painted? I mean, I'm sure it was painted black, right? But is it in the paint rotation at all? Or does it go like, twice as long as other rides? Since it's physical appearance doesn't actually matter, it would be interesting to find out!

Flight of Fear is not painted black. The supports appear to be black, but the track looks more like a silver color.

http://rcdb.com/66.htm?p=12707

I don't know if it is in the rotation to be painted at all, but if you look at some of the other pictures on RCDB, the track looks pretty rusty. However, I would imagine that since the track is indoors and therefore not exposed to the elements, the need for a paint job would be even more infrequent.

would you disagree?

Not entirely, however, you missed my point despite all it's blunt sarcasm.

Take a look at this quote from you:

The biggest detriment to the tower's health would be rust, and as you said, it's kept pretty well maintained in that department...

How the hell would you know? What experience do you have with the history and present upkeep of the tower's structure, systems and maintenance policies? About as much as the pizza employee who works across international street from it. Don't cut down the "dippin dots" guy when you can click the "posts" tab under your username and see that you do just as much talking out your ass.

Guest rcfreak339

would you disagree?

Not entirely, however, you missed my point despite all it's blunt sarcasm.

Take a look at this quote from you:

The biggest detriment to the tower's health would be rust, and as you said, it's kept pretty well maintained in that department...

How the hell would you know? What experience do you have with the history and present upkeep of the tower's structure, systems and maintenance policies? About as much as the pizza employee who works across international street from it. Don't cut down the "dippin dots" guy when you can click the "posts" tab under your username and see that you do just as much talking out your ass.

+1 on this.