Season Pass for 2011

hamoperator

If I'm still in Ohio when next season starts I'll be buying a pass for sure. But there's a good chance that I'm going to be Florida-bound after October this year in which case I will definitely be a Disney and Universal passholder :P We'll see how it all turns out!

No season pass for me! I think when I ripped apart everyone of Kings Island's coasters, its just goes to show I've been to the park too much the past 3 years. 3 years ago it was 2007 and I went for my first visit since '05... Son of Beast was still being tested and was unopen, Firehawk had so much downtime it was nearly unridable and Diamondback didn't exist, yet I was more than happy with their coaster lineup, and had no complaints what-so-ever. Fast forward to 2010 and I'm complaining like a spoiled brat about their coaster lineup...

Honestly theirs nothing wrong with their coaster lineup... its a very good lineup and has a lot of variety and theres bound to be something for everybody! But I've just rode them too mnay times. Actually I think I"m going to skip 2011 and return to the park in 2012. I need a good break from the park. Next year maybe I'm thinking about checking out Holiday World, Kennywood, and Busch Gardens Africa, if all goes to plan.

Justin, have fun with the $531.44 price tag that comes along with the Disney Passes.

http://disneyworld.d...tickets-passes/

Does that price include all 4 parks and the water park(s).?

That particular option includes only the dry parks. For water parks you'll have to go with an option that's closer to $670. It seems fairly steep, but when you factor in that there is no "offseason" and parks are open 365 days of the year, it's a fairly good deal :)

Edit: This comment is referring to the KI Poll:

I doubt you will have the buy now pay later till after the season is over. If you do that during haunt those people get into haunt for free and then may decide they are not going to pay for that season pass later. As a business standpoint it makes more sense to wait till the Off season to offer that so they cant use their pass before they pay.

I have had the Platinum pass for years now, it is a great bargand. It's was real nice going to Canada's Wonderland a couple of years ago and getting in free, with ERT's to boot. Just doing both CP and KI all year is worth it. That said I think I might take a year off. Time to try some new things. I might get a pass in a couple of years, when the coaster bug bites me hard again.

I doubt you will have the buy now pay later till after the season is over. If you do that during haunt those people get into haunt for free and then may decide they are not going to pay for that season pass later. As a business standpoint it makes more sense to wait till the Off season to offer that so they cant use their pass before they pay.

Indyguy4KI-If it is offered only to those RENEWING passes as the poll states (they already have a pass this season, so they are not getting into haunt for free as you say, they already have unlimited visits for 2010 ). With buy now pay later you also have to give valid banking information that KI tells you up front; can't be cancelled. Those that have used this in the past know this. One should think before one post.

At least in the past, Cedar Point passes have been far more expensive than Kings Island passes. Also, in order to get Cedar Point parking, in the past you have HAD to get Platinum.

http://www.cedarpoin...asses/index.cfm

A regular Cedar Point pass does not currently include parking.

As to what the pass structure may be for 2011, wait and see....Al Weber is reportedly making HUGE changes to the program at Six Flags...heck, there may not even BE Platinum Passes for 2011 at one chain, the other or either.

Besides, I thought you were going to Knott's next spring?

I may just be getting a CP pass in 2011. Kings Island has just lost its touch, and I don't want to pay 50 extra bucks for a park I really don't care for...

Ouch. Which park do you live closer too?

Cameron As much traveling I have done this year starting in March Kings Island Will always have a place in my hart. That really hurts me that you would say you dont care for KI. Im sure lots of Kids who post on hear would love to have there High School right next to Kings Island and get to see Son of Beast Out there Classroon window I know I would. BTW you think KI is overrated CP is far from it to and I have been 8 times this season. Be lucky you live very close to KI because there are people who Love what we love and they live many miles away from there fav park.

I may just be getting a CP pass in 2011. Kings Island has just lost its touch, and I don't want to pay 50 extra bucks for a park I really don't care for...

Ouch. Which park do you live closer too?

Cameron As much traveling I have done this year starting in March Kings Island Will always have a place in my hart. That really hurts me that you would say you dont care for KI. Im sure lots of Kids who post on hear would love to have there High School right next to Kings Island and get to see Son of Beast Out there Classroon window I know I would. BTW you think KI is overrated CP is far from it to and I have been 8 times this season. Be lucky you live very close to KI because there are people who Love what we love and they live many miles away from there fav park.

I don't really care for how the park is run now. I just went so many times in the past 3 years that I just find the park boreing, hot and slightly "ugly." Yes, now that I thought about it I will need a PLAT pass for Knott's and CP. I have only been to KI 4 times this whole summer. In my opinion the park just doesn't do it for me, for others it may. But when you go to such a beautifull "theme" park as Knott's and such a thrilling park as CP it just makes KI "meh."

Indyguy4KI-If it is offered only to those RENEWING passes as the poll states (they already have a pass this season, so they are not getting into haunt for free as you say, they already have unlimited visits for 2010 ). With buy now pay later you also have to give valid banking information that KI tells you up front; can't be cancelled. Those that have used this in the past know this. One should think before one post.

Ouch ham, that was a little harsh... Perhaps IndyGuy hasn't used the buy now pay later option and wasn't aware of this. I know I've never used it and didn't know it. Give the guy a little slack! wink.gif

We'll be getting season passes, the only question is when we're going to buy them. Mrs. Gator was told a few weeks ago that they're closing her plant soon, and she just found out today that her last day will be October 29th. Hopefully she'll be able to find something right away, but who knows with this crazy economy. We'll have to seriously look at our expenses during the next few months, things we want vs. things we need.