Cedar Point 2010

catzdrummer09

We got to the park pretty early. Around 9:15 I believe, and waited in the huge crowd of people which seemed exceptionally rude. People were pushing, I got hit with some girls shoe, it was a mess. It was the Peanuts 60th Anniversary thing and everyone sang to them right before they dropped the ropes, at which point you know what happened.

First we rode Millenium. My how I missed this ride... No words for this beautiful piece of machinery.

After that was Mantis. Ugh, where to begin? I want to like this ride so badly but I just can't let myself. It hurts my legs and makes me so sick and delirious. I just wish it wasn't a stand-up. Would it be possible to convert it to a floorless or something? I don't know...just curious.

After that, we rode Maverick. I absolutely LOVE this ride. Intamin really hit the nail on the head with this one. It's THE most intense coaster I've ever experienced and gets better with each ride.

After this I believe we agreed it was lunch. McDonald's was the destination.

Upon returning we were, to put it politely, bombed by a seagull. All four of us. Yeah...

Anyway, we went to Raptor to find the usual wait time. Okay, story time. While waiting, we were approached by a guy in his early 20's I'd say. 3 of the 4 of us were wearing Ohio University something-or-other and this guy noticed. He came up to us and asked if we went to OU. I replied, "Yes." and that was the end of that. I thought. About four switchback's later the guy finally says, "You ALL go to OU?" The 3 of us wearing OU reply, "Yeah, why?" He says, "Well, my friend and I wer just curious......(silence).....Do you think it would be worth it to drive from Toledo to Athens for Halloween?" Of course I said, "I've lived there for 18 years and have only gone once. But, we ARE party school number 2 so, if you're a partier I'd say you'll have a good time... People have driven further." And that was the end of that. This absolutely drives me INSANE that the whole, "Ohio University Halloween Block Party" thing is inescapable. Not to mention our infamous fest season where there's a block party every weekend from like, April to the beginning of June. /Rant.

Back to Raptor. As always, it was enjoyable. I love the ride up until the break-run. I just get dizzy after that. Unless I'm in the front and can see the whole thing.

After Raptor, we walked back to see what all the fuss was about over Shoot the Rapids. We started to get in line but then saw that people were absolutely drenched and just watched for a few seconds. It's really well themed and a pretty fun ride to just watch. Didn't get to experience it though, not one for water rides.

Then we rode Skyhawk. Kings Island NEEDS THIS. Badly. It doesn't look like much but boy it packs a punch. Another ride that gets me everytime.

After Skyhawk we went over to Top Thrill Dragster. (sigh). Disappointment. We waited the hour and a half for it and we finally arrive in the station. Our friends decide to take a shorter line but my girlfriend and I wait it out for the front. With a 3 train wait left, it goes down... and stays there... all day. Of course it came back up later and rolled back 5 TIMES... count them 1,2,3,4,5!!!! I was upset that I was not involved in this. After that it was closed and didn't reopen.

After our unsuccessfulness at TTD we jumped over to the fifteen minute wait for Magnum. First of all, I hate this station...hate, hate, hate. Always have, always will. Anywho, great ride each and every time. Except the bunny hills at the end. I am a male. Those hills and I don't mix. Especially when the lapbar ratchets all the way down from the forces. :/

After that I believe my girlfriend and I went back to Maverick for a night ride. Woah...incredible. It's even crazier in the dark!!!! I laughed the whole entire time. Another thing that Kings Island could use. A Maverick style coaster.

Being that it was dark we decided to walk back to the front through the Starlight Experience. I couldn't believe my eyes. The light show was absolutely stunning! I didn't know where to look and I loved the soundtrack. It honestly left me speechless. I don't know what crap Cedar Fair ist trying to pull at Kings Island but ours doesn't hold a candle to wait they've got going on at Cedar Point. Absolutely beautiful!

Overall, it was a great day at Cedar Point! That park was pretty busy but we still had a good time and rode everything we'd set out to. Can't wait for the next trip!