New at KI in 2011

BavarianBeatle

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taller than Diamondback? What could it be? I highly doubt at this point its a coaster unless we're talking about somehow putting an Intamin Giga-coaster in where Son of Beast is, but that would make no sense because if they had an Intamin Giga and a B&M hyper... why would you even bother riding both?

I'm assuming its not a coaster at this point, its gotta be a flat ride... but other than an Intamin Drop Tower (which we already have) what could be taller than Diamondback?

Wow, I'm kind of in shock at how quickly and unexpectedly that came. I do remember though one day while I was at the park about a month ago, they were testing the soil consistency (or something with one of those big hole diggers) over in the grassy area between the eurobubbles and Vortex's bathrooms.

Wow, I'm kind of in shock at how quickly and unexpectedly that came. I do remember though one day while I was at the park about a month ago, they were testing the soil consistency (or something with one of those big hole diggers) over in the grassy area between the eurobubbles and Vortex's bathrooms.

Or maybe that dirt pile by SOB that everyone was speculating was SOB construction? laugh.gif

So exciting! And since we've been hearing $2 million - $3 million for the Wind Seeker, it does make sense to put it in as many parks as possible - it may even teach Cedar Fair that a small, unique flat ride can have as much draw as a giant steel coaster.

well it sounds like a stratosoar.... especially since the announcement date is the same as CP, knotts, and carrowinds... but i tell you, i'd like to see an s&s swing over the midway... taller than skyhawk at CP and sending riders 230' in the air.... that would be fantastic. i know i'm draming, but i love skyhawk.

i think a great place for stratosoar would be the old flight commander area.... and i do remember them doing a bit of cleaning and such in that area. only two questions. one, is that area big enough, and two, would they build the same ride at ki and cp? wouldnt that kind of steal cp's thunder?

this is so sudden!!!

Well I'm definitely interested in what its going to be... The park can use some new flats since other than Delerium and Drop Tower they essentially have nothing. I just wish I knew what a wind seeker is!

That's a Funtime StarFlyer. Word on the street is that Cedar Point is getting a Mondial Wind Seeker, which amounts to be basically the same thing, but instead of chains holding the seats, there are metal bars (thus allowing the ride to operate in normal wind conditions, which the StarFlyer cannot, which would be impractical on Lake Erie). It's like a HUSS Top Spin vs. a Zamperla Windshear - same thing, but one is a little "upgraded."

I bet we are getting that StarFlyer they where fighting over before. Since the StarFLyer can't work really well at CP why not just send it to KI instead and avoid all the legal troubles?

In a crazy sort of way that makes complete sense.