New at KI in 2011

BavarianBeatle

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is a very high Sta Flyer I will be happy. I am a little bit fearful of heights when I am in a swing type seat or in a very little restraint and I think this is one of those rides that may truly thrill me. I am anxious to see what is in store for our beloved park.

I wonder if taller means taller than Eiffel Tower. Drop Zone is taller than Diamondback. I personally expect them to announce the demise of Son of Beast with a huge coaster in its place. That would make Son of Beast a quick memory.

Before I get blasted as a Son of Beast nay-sayer- we'll see tomorrow.

My biggest question for this new ride is where is it going to be? The corner in Coney Mall is neglected but I don't really think you'd be able to see it if it was back there, even if it's taller then Diamondback, seeing as all of the skyline rides are in Rivertown or Action Zone.

I really hope it isn't a roller coaster but if it is I have an interesting idea on what it could be.

Name: Twister.

The ride would start out with a launch and would be kind of like BLSC on a sugar rush. So there'd be some small hills, turns, etc, like BLSC, but somewhat more extreme, for about a minute or two. But the name Twister would come from the rides finale, which could be compared to The Beast's finale.

It is a helix but it would be higher than Diamondback (as stated) and would be about as tight as the helix's for Diamondback or BLSC, but going downwards. Along with that "Twister Helix" your car would be spinning like in a wild mouse coaster.

I don't know if this type of ride is even possible because I've only done it in Thrilville: off the rails for my Xbox 360.

But I'm leaning more towards that Starflyer ride, even though I can just tell that the line will move as slow or slower than Firehawk's line if they do what it shows in the video and only let ten people on at a time.

I expect the ride, whatever it is, to be in Action Zone, seeing as Son of Beast is closed, and as Rivertown got Diamondback.

^sounds neat but me personally if its a coaster I'm saying its a twisted impulse. Its the only thing I could see that would be small enough there wouldn't be massive amounts of land clearing needed for it, and cheap enough it could fit in the park's budget, yet tall enough (granted it would be the world's "tallest and fastest" twisted impulse coaster) to be taller than Diamondback. Of course if we're talking "Tallest in the park" then nah its not a twisted impulse. I could see maybe 235 feet or something for one, but 300 or higher? Nah that's crazy! I'd be all for one though, I really did enjoy Wicked Twister at CP, and it was fun, and smooth, and didn't include the nausea that I get from riding Invertigo!

But I too think its gotta be a star flyer... what else could it be? Tallest in the park? Well since we already have a Drop Tower its not that, and its unlikely its a coaster... so well yeah.

Well this is certainly a nice surprise!

Perhaps to avoid any possible legal troubles CF went ahead and placed orders for Starflyers/WindSeekers with both companies? Though I thought the heart of the issue was the patent on the ride technology, not the contracts to build them.

Guest rcfreak339

Strange, If this new ride is indeed a WindSeeker how is it a "Skyline Changer" when it's not a one at Cedar Point? I'm still putting my money on it. Cedar Point is not getting one if they do Kings Island is not or it may be neither one is getting one.

How are you guys getting hints that it's a Wind Seeker? All Don gave was it's going to be taller than Diamondback. Please tell me how that fits in with a Wind Seeker.

Well, it was pretty much confirmed that Cedar Point is getting a Wind Seeker, from an article in the Sandusky Register last week. Funtime is mad because they thought they had a deal to build it, but now Mondial is doing it instead.

Canada's Wonderland has been hinting at a "tall" ride on their facebook page. They are announcing tomorrow as well.

Knott's Berry Farm and KI are now announcing tomorrow too. It would make sense to have the announcements the same day if they are all the same ride. Other CF parks (Valleyfair and Dorney) have already announced they are getting Planet Snoopy.

These are the hints, but there is no guarantees it won't be something else.

Well, it was pretty much confirmed that Cedar Point is getting a Wind Seeker, from an article in the Sandusky Register last week. Funtime is mad because they thought they had a deal to build it, but now Mondial is doing it instead.

Not just "mad"...Funtime is claiming Mondial (and by association, Cedar Fair) have infringed on their patent.

Okay...Watch this to learn what a skyFlyer is: http://www.funtime.com.au/data/index2.htm

Moomba_Sky_Flyer_____I.jpg

Now...I don't know much about coasters and their fancy terms and such, but after looking at this quick video clip, it announced the NEW 117M Vienna StarFlyer. Folks, that's 383 Feet. Whoa! It's totally AWESOME, but with one drawback. It only seats 2 in chair and 12 chairs. That's only 24 riders at what let's say a two min loading/unloading time and a two min up/ride/down/unload cycle back over again. So about five min a ride. AT 24 RIDERS AT FIVE MIN INTERVALS, THAT'S ONLY 288 RIDERS AN HOUR. Now, have a (perfect) 12hour day, that's only 3500 riders a day.

I also don't think that KI shouldn't interfere with the Eiffel Tower View by putting something in front or behind it. It makes sense if they hook it toward the coney mall side. It's lonely down that way. I've been promoting that idea forever. I hope they keep away and preserve The Beasts' unique darkness that makes it the wildest ride to ride at night. They did well with Diamond back at night too. I think a push out in and around The Racers and Firehawk would make a nostalgic place to bring back the antique cars, King cobra (one can dream can't he?) and a boardwalk style rides (even a rollerskating rink with an organist) for our older generation of guest who can't absorb the powers of the mainstream rollercoasters anymore but would still love to have something to do in the park. Let's give them something to enjoy.

Those are just my oppinions. biggrin.gif

^^ with your idea of not messing up the Eiffel Tower view, having it in the back part of coney wouldn't work. Have you ever been back there and looked straight at the Eiffel Tower? It's a straight on view of the backside of the tower. i know its not a big deal, but i just thought id point that out

Or are you talking more towards the x-base side of coney?

^^ with your idea of not messing up the Eiffel Tower view, having it in the back part of coney wouldn't work. Have you ever been back there and looked straight at the Eiffel Tower? It's a straight on view of the backside of the tower. i know its not a big deal, but i just thought id point that out

Or are you talking more towards the x-base side of coney?

Thanks for pointing that out. You are right about the sight-line from the front of the park in front of the ET to where they shoot fireworks directly behind The Racers. It would have to be x base side of coney. I think with that view from the front gates, the new ride would tower over the corner where you purchase funnel cakes. It'd still be in sight, but only the top of it if you were sitting to enjoy the fireworks on International Street. But with the tree growth over the years on International street, it's had to find a good spot anymore.