New at KI in 2011

BavarianBeatle

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...Watch this to learn what a skyFlyer is: http://www.funtime.com.au/data/index2.htm

Moomba_Sky_Flyer_____I.jpg

Now...I don't know much about coasters and their fancy terms and such, but after looking at this quick video clip, it announced the NEW 117M Vienna StarFlyer. Folks, that's 383 Feet. Whoa! It's totally AWESOME, but with one drawback. It only seats 2 in chair and 12 chairs. That's only 24 riders at what let's say a two min loading/unloading time and a two min up/ride/down/unload cycle back over again. So about five min a ride. AT 24 RIDERS AT FIVE MIN INTERVALS, THAT'S ONLY 288 RIDERS AN HOUR. Now, have a (perfect) 12hour day, that's only 3500 riders a day.

I also don't think that KI shouldn't interfere with the Eiffel Tower View by putting something in front or behind it. It makes sense if they hook it toward the coney mall side. It's lonely down that way. I've been promoting that idea forever. I hope they keep away and preserve The Beasts' unique darkness that makes it the wildest ride to ride at night. They did well with Diamond back at night too. I think a push out in and around The Racers and Firehawk would make a nostalgic place to bring back the antique cars, King cobra (one can dream can't he?) and a boardwalk style rides (even a rollerskating rink with an organist) for our older generation of guest who can't absorb the powers of the mainstream rollercoasters anymore but would still love to have something to do in the park. Let's give them something to enjoy.

Those are just my oppinions. biggrin.gif

24 people? I sure hope whatever version we get seats more than that, or we could see outrageous waits like 5 hours or something! That is assuming we're getting one of these

IT does make the most sense. what else could be taller than Diamondback, but alot more affordable, and require a small enough footprint that doesn't require a lot of preparation throughout the season?

Guest PizzaBaby027

Now I'm wondering if in fact project 2011 at CP is going to be a coaster while KI is getting the swing ride? If that is the case, kudos to CF for genius in fooling the public. ( PS-just had my 1000th ride this past Friday on Mustang-lol. )

I believe that CP new ride will be a family orientated ride, according to the hints given on the page!

Guest rcfreak339

Now I'm wondering if in fact project 2011 at CP is going to be a coaster while KI is getting the swing ride? If that is the case, kudos to CF for genius in fooling the public. ( PS-just had my 1000th ride this past Friday on Mustang-lol. )

I believe that CP new ride will be a family orientated ride, according to the hints given on the page!

The new ride will appeal to Teenagers, that suggests a more thrilling attraction.

If it is a Wind Seeker, I would close my eyes the whole way through. The fact of you sitting in a chair, being swung outwards up to 300 feet high, just makes me faint. I can handle roller coasters, but for some reason flat rides that are tall freak me out. I close my eyes all the way to the top on Drop Tower and Delirium.

I know it's probably not going to happen, but I would really like an Intamin coaster, anything would be nice. Something like Maverick or something like Milliennium Force? I don't care. I'm just not too sure about the Wind Seeker, and it doesn't seem too fun.

This is all in my opinion. Anybody is allowed to argue with me. ;)

Okay...Watch this to learn what a skyFlyer is: http://www.funtime.c...data/index2.htm

Moomba_Sky_Flyer_____I.jpg

Now...I don't know much about coasters and their fancy terms and such, but after looking at this quick video clip, it announced the NEW 117M Vienna StarFlyer. Folks, that's 383 Feet. Whoa! It's totally AWESOME, but with one drawback. It only seats 2 in chair and 12 chairs. That's only 24 riders at what let's say a two min loading/unloading time and a two min up/ride/down/unload cycle back over again. So about five min a ride. AT 24 RIDERS AT FIVE MIN INTERVALS, THAT'S ONLY 288 RIDERS AN HOUR. Now, have a (perfect) 12hour day, that's only 3500 riders a day.

I also don't think that KI shouldn't interfere with the Eiffel Tower View by putting something in front or behind it. It makes sense if they hook it toward the coney mall side. It's lonely down that way. I've been promoting that idea forever. I hope they keep away and preserve The Beasts' unique darkness that makes it the wildest ride to ride at night. They did well with Diamond back at night too. I think a push out in and around The Racers and Firehawk would make a nostalgic place to bring back the antique cars, King cobra (one can dream can't he?) and a boardwalk style rides (even a rollerskating rink with an organist) for our older generation of guest who can't absorb the powers of the mainstream rollercoasters anymore but would still love to have something to do in the park. Let's give them something to enjoy.

Those are just my oppinions. biggrin.gif

They won't interfere with the view. They're putting the ride on the Eiffel Tower's structure! (That would be hilarious BTW.)

Remember, not everything is about roller coasters. It is important to have flat rides and family rides that cater to families as well. Depending on the height of this ride and the height requirement, this may not exactly be a family ride like the Flying Eagles were. But it is still nice to see Kings Island installing a flat ride. Keep in mind, that the last true flat ride the park added was Delirium in 2003.