New at KI in 2011

BavarianBeatle

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been gone for 5 months from this site, so first things first, hi to all of you I remember (and even to those of you I don't)!

Two things:

1) I think its pretty cool that the park allowed very little information to leak out about this announcement, gives it a very real, raw feel. I think the park may have learned from over-hyping things in the past.

2) I'm impressed that fewer people than normal on here have said negative things about the parks rumored plans. It seems like every other announcement a large group of people drastically opposes a rumor or addition. Seems like most people here like the rumor. That should bode well for the park if at least something like the rumor is announced.

I've been gone for 5 months from this site, so first things first, hi to all of you I remember (and even to those of you I don't)!

Two things:

1) I think its pretty cool that the park allowed very little information to leak out about this announcement, gives it a very real, raw feel. I think the park may have learned from over-hyping things in the past.

2) I'm impressed that fewer people than normal on here have said negative things about the parks rumored plans. It seems like every other announcement a large group of people drastically opposes a rumor or addition. Seems like most people here like the rumor. That should bode well for the park if at least something like the rumor is announced.

Tomorrow, no matter what the announcement is, we will have more than we did less than 24 hours ago! Always a good thing for the morale on a site like this! :)

They are saying it's the Tallest Ride King's Island has ever had?

It's saying that it's going to be taller than Diamondback?

Well what about taller than Drop Tower & Eiffel Tower(315ft)? They are considered "rides", therefore hinting the Tallest "Ride".

So i don't know how tall those starflyer contraptions get, but over 315ft sounds good for a coaster, especially with the land clearing behind Son of Beast.

That's my view on this.

Just my Two cents

1. I do think its a thrill ride not a roller coaster.
  2. I don't think its going to be taller then Drop Zone/Eiffel Tower.
  3. I do think its going to be fast
  4. I do think think there's a possibility of it going upside down.

maybe they are building a 250 foot tall skyline restaurant

You sir, hold the key to my heart.

I am gonna go with a Skyflyer as my final answer. To tell you the truth though, I am happy with a new ride in general. I would love to see a twisted impulse coaster that towers above Wicked Twister at Cedar Point and absolutely blows it's speed out of the water, keep dreaming I know.

Suprised, nothing on screamscape. lol I hope it's a flat ride, but then again something that high and if it's that sky swing; no way I'll ride it. :lol:

I feel the same way with you, it seems like it isn't much, but to people like me and you, it is a very thrilling ride.

Suprised, nothing on screamscape. lol I hope it's a flat ride, but then again something that high and if it's that sky swing; no way I'll ride it. :lol:

I feel the same way with you, it seems like it isn't much, but to people like me and you, it is a very thrilling ride.

He just said he wouldn't ride it if it is a sky swing...

Fox 19 just said on the 10:00 news that they have "reliable information" that it will be either a Star Flyer or a Wind Seeker and that it will fly 100 feet higher than the Eiffel Tower. No clue where they got this, but we'll find out tomorrow if they're correct. They must be pretty confident that their source is correct or they wouldn't be airing it.

Fox 19 just said on the 10:00 news that they have "reliable information" that it will be either a Star Flyer or a Wind Seeker and that it will fly 100 feet higher than the Eiffel Tower. No clue where they got this, but we'll find out tomorrow if they're correct. They must be pretty confident that their source is correct or they wouldn't be airing it.

I wanna know where they got their reliable information! They said it WILL be. Of the two, I want Star Flyer! Much nicer looking, I like the design better, and the night view is awesome.

I want Star Flyer! Much nicer looking, I like the design better, and the night view is awesome.

And it might never run due to the wind... Especially if it were at a "record-breaking" height of any kind, right? From what I've gathered, the whole advantage to the Wind Seeker is that it can run in "normal wind conditions," which a Star Flyer cannot... And I would assume that the taller you get, the more easily a ride is shut down due to a wind, so imagine a ride so sensitive as we're lead to believe a Star Flyer is...

If this really is going to be 415' tall than I'm impressed! That may actually be thrilling, If it is that tall than I really hope the structure will have a great color choice, and amazing lights for night! I also wander if there will be an animation for the announcement tomorrow.