New at KI in 2011

BavarianBeatle

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I'd take a new coaster over anything... but for me I'm excited because up until yesterday I thought we were getting NOTHING for 2011. And besides the park needs some more flat rides, I can't deny that. Honestly the Wind Seeker/star flyer thing looks kind of cool and fun, and I think it would be cool to look down while being up that high!

I doubt a new coaster. With a new coaster taller than Diamondback they would have made a big deal about it at this point. I'm assuming it's a flat because Cedar Fair doesn't tend to build those up for months and months like they do coasters. I'm on the side of people who think it's going to be a wind seeker or whatever it's called.

I think that these rides look like good flats, and if they end up putting it in Action Zone it could bring some new "zing" back to the area. Perhaps this will mean that they finally do something with SOB. I could also see it in X-base, but we'll find out in a matter of hours so there's no point in speculating...

EDIT: sorry if this post didn't make any sense I haven't had any coffee yet.

EDIT 2: I just looked at Cedar Point's blog and it looks like they are still pushing the starflyer/WindSeeker idea there, too. They posted a picture of the Wicked Twister midway as well as a note that said "The announcement will be posted today on facebook at 2 o'clock. Be there or be round... yes, round"

I`m glad to hear that this new ride will be located in Coney Mall. Other than Firehawk, Backlot and Flight of Fear, the area hasn`t really seen any major rides installed. There are certainly areas of Coney Mall that could use some sprucing up.

Tlvtr, not everyone goes to parks for roller coasters. Coney Island is a prime example of that. The Python is not the greatest coaster in the world. Yet people still visit Coney. And you know what? Most of the rides may not be thrill rides according to your definition. But people ride them, and often times, when they get off the ride, they will ride it again, and again and again. Not all park visitors are there to ride roller coasters. The park`s demographic is much larger than just coaster fans.

im willing to say vomatron,http://www.funtime.c...data/index3.htm

Funny, with a ride capacity of what 150 hr if that!

well, they do already have eXtreme Skyflyer & slingshot.

Which as you know, are additional pay rides. I am willing to bet vomatron would be a paid attraction like eXtreme Skyflyer & slingshot would be if we got one. I do think it would be cool to ride a vomatron though!

im willing to say vomatron,http://www.funtime.c...data/index3.htm

Funny, with a ride capacity of what 150 hr if that!

well, they do already have eXtreme Skyflyer & slingshot.

Which as you know, are additional pay rides. I am willing to bet vomatron would be a paid attraction like eXtreme Skyflyer & slingshot would be if we got one. I do think it would be cool to ride a vomatron though!

thats the point i was going for. CP has something similar as a pay-per-ride. id be willing to dish out a little extra for it.

Did KI say when they are announcing their new Wind Seeker?

how do you know it is a WindSeeker?

Canada's Wonderland Announced their Wind Seeker. I can only imagine KI getting the same thing to be honest.

It does change the skyline...

how do you know it is a WindSeeker?

So is it so far out there to think that each park is getting a different flat ride from Mondial?

my idea isnt from mondial.

Yeah I know I never said your idea was from Mondial.

Tlvtr, not everyone goes to parks for roller coasters. Coney Island is a prime example of that. The Python is not the greatest coaster in the world. Yet people still visit Coney. And you know what? Most of the rides may not be thrill rides according to your definition. But people ride them, and often times, when they get off the ride, they will ride it again, and again and again. Not all park visitors are there to ride roller coasters. The park`s demographic is much larger than just coaster fans.

That's all fine. I'm not saying that EVERYONE goes for just the coasters. And I never gave any definition of what is or isn't a "thrill ride". I don't think I even said those words in either of my posts. I'm simply expressing my opinion that this ride is a big let down for me after seeing the initial teaser. If it's not a let down to you, that's cool. I have no interest in convincing anyone that flats are less fun, that's just my opinion.

I do stand by my assertion that in GENERAL (there are obviously no absolutes in anything, and I'm not trying to speak for every possible demographic), coasters are a much bigger deal. The lines for Diamondback, The Beast, Firehawk, Invertigo and Flight of Fear are evidence that coasters are the biggest attraction. Delirium and Drop Tower lines can get long, but I have never seen anyone wear a t-shirt with their Delirium ride count on it for instance. Outside of this forum (which is a very different, and very small demographic of the Parks visitors) I've never heard anyone talk excitedly about the shows, the theming or many of the flats (Drop Tower is probably the only exception). When most casual visitors think of KI, they think of coasters (at least according to my completely un-scientific observations). That doesn't make it an inferior experience to ride a flat over and over, or repeatedly watch a show, or to just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. I'm simply expressing my view, and I'm speaking from a general population/casual visitor viewpoint. Prior to this year, I've never been to an amusement park multiple times, and I've only been to a few at all in my life. I'm having fun going to KI repeatedly this year, but I'm in a completely demographic than what most of the posters on this forum are in.

But it's all good to me.

When most casual visitors think of kI, they think of coasters? HUH? Not necessarily at all. And yes people( a lot of people think and talk about shows) There is a lot to do at KI and not everyone thinks of coasters. I would venture to say most Casual patrons think about a lot more than coasters.

No, KI did not announce when they would announce about a Wind Seeker, but they have a press conference at 2pm to announce their new ride for 2011.

To see it live

WLWT.com will livestream the announcement at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

I like how the top of the one at Knott's has a nice big K on the top. Wonder if Kings Island's will have anything like that or will it look like the one at Wonderland?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a big mural of Snoopy drawn on it.