Flight Commander

chaddie

hmmm.. it used to be listed under KI as a defunct attraction.

Anyway the ride sucked, it was lame, and it killed somebody, I'm sure no one wants to remember it. I did get to ride it before... it was nothing special. Just a bunch of jet ****pits that fly around in a circle and you can turn the ****pit left or right with a joystick... it sounded a lot more awesome on paper than it did in real life.

Flight Commander didn't kill anybody. Consuming very large quantities of alcohol and boarding an amusement ride then wiggling out of the restraints (the latter of which admittedly should not have been possible) killed a woman. Had she not done those things, she would probably still be alive today (admittedly, had the restraints not been possible to wiggle out of, she would also probably still be alive today).

Not to mention, I thought Flight Commander was really fun. It was cool spinning the thing upside-down flying 80 (or so?) feet above Coney Mall. So I guess if no one wants to remember it, Cormaster, you can go ahead and call me no one :)

The Eurobobbles were only temporarily gone this year. They were removed so that a shade structure could be built over the pool. My bet is that the new ride will likely go in that area of Coney Mall. I guess we will find out here in less than an hour.

In my KI experience, every move done "IN a season" has a big reason. I don't believe the "shade" tagline. If they've moved, they've moved for a higher reason.

The Eurobobbles were only temporarily gone this year. They were removed so that a shade structure could be built over the pool. My bet is that the new ride will likely go in that area of Coney Mall. I guess we will find out here in less than an hour.

In my KI experience, every move done "IN a season" has a big reason. I don't believe the "shade" tagline. If they've moved, they've moved for a higher reason.

I do, for they spent some money to shade the pool, my guess is they wanted to see if they were going to make any money off of it first. They may have gotten a lot of complaints about the bubbles getting to hot in the sun? Either way, I am not convinced the new ride will go in it's spot, but I could be wrong, yet again!

To each his own but I rode the ride once, and once was enough. It sucked, especially in comparison to the modern day flats we have in Drop Tower and Delerium.

And when I went back in the future and it was gone, my reaction was "well, that's not uprising. that ride was lame anyway".

Seriously if it was such a good ride, then why'd they tear it down?

The ride had far more mobility and was more maneuverable prior to the incident. Those who rode it only after the modifications have no basis to judge how fun it was before that.

Well said Terpy. Before the incident, I would ride it every trip staying upside down as long as possible. After the mods, it was not possible to keep the pod upside down. We stopped riding it, even when we went for the ride every ride trips.

I don't think it'll take too much deductive thinking to figure that one out, regardless of the context of those letters.

I'm just tryin to rile people up now. :P

That's good use of the boards.. not to provide some quality input about rides, but to rile other people up and waste all of our time.

End slight rant.

I don't think it'll take too much deductive thinking to figure that one out, regardless of the context of those letters.

I'm just tryin to rile people up now. :P

That's good use of the boards.. not to provide some quality input about rides, but to rile other people up and waste all of our time.

End slight rant.

Somebody needs a hug

To each his own but I rode the ride once, and once was enough. It sucked, especially in comparison to the modern day flats we have in Drop Tower and Delerium.

And when I went back in the future and it was gone, my reaction was "well, that's not uprising. that ride was lame anyway".

Seriously if it was such a good ride, then why'd they tear it down?

What are you trying to say here?

Also, Flight Commander was a good ride.

The reason it was removed is because there was originally a generation 2 Drop Tower slated to be installed in Flight Commander's location that would open in 1997 after the success of Drop Zone at Great America. In the 1996 there was even a sign at the queue of the defunct Flight Commander that read: "Watch for a new ride dropping in, in 1997." I have a photo of the sign around here somewhere. Anyway, it was later decided that KI would expand their waterpark to compete with Cedar Point's waterpark expansion and the Drop Tower went to Canada's Wonderland. 2 years later we went and installed our gen 3 drop ride as drop zone.

Well I guess people actually did like the ride. But I mean I rode the ride when I was like 13 years old...at the time I was a LOT more forgiving on thrill rides than I am now (I loved AE back then for instance). I rode Flight Commander and I was just completly unimpressed. To be fair some have stated the ride had been heavily modified after the incident, and this was 1994, so yeah it was after the modifications.

As for the "if it was such a good ride why'd they tear it down" it was just a joke anyway. I know plenty of good rides were torn down for newer attractions. That was what I said that would rile people up in the thread.