New for 2011 Windseeker!

Sergeant Pepper

I think it will be an awesome ride. I do love coasters, but I discovered a highly underrated ride this past weekend. Zephyr. I never go on it. Why? It's just a swing. My daughter wanted to try it out, so I hopped on with her. Needless to say, we rode it around 8 times this weekend. It may not be 'thrilling' but it is a great ride and something my entire family can do. And, how often can you say you've been on a 300ft high swing?

This is pretty disappointing, i was pumped for a new coaster. Seriously though, it looks like a fun ride, just not a great one. Not something i will look forward to go riding this spring... When is Kings Island going to tap into all their unused land? When is Cedar Fair going to really start transforming the park like they have the potential to do? Wind Seeker is not a ride that will draw people to the park, it can only be defined simply as an accessory. Drop Tower is easily 10X more thrilling than spinning in circles high in the air... Really disappointing

This will be a great ride, as long as the restraints feel safe enough!

Not as thrilling as Drop Tower, but just as thrilling for those who want to expand their comfort zone to get over fear of heights.

People love falling through the air, but it only takes 7 seconds to fall 300 feet, so to make the experience last longer, the swings are the next best thing!

As most water rides have a sign that reads "You Will Get Wet On This Ride", I think this ride should have a sign that reads "This Ride Will Dry You Off"!

BTW, great price for new season passes, I'm getting mine as soon as I have the money!

sounds cool but in all honestly i would have rather seen the money go towards sob demolition or retracking or something instead or just a huge new ride for 2012

Couldn't agree more. This will be pathetic if they expect to count this as a their "addition" to the park to count for the next couple years.

Does this remind you of a ride from the past that was removed? Oh..and what about the location? Might as well just call it Flight Commander.

Scan10003b.jpg

I totally forgot there used to be a pond over there too!

That's not KI... that's King's Dominion.

Does this remind you of a ride from the past that was removed? Oh..and what about the location? Might as well just call it Flight Commander.

Scan10003b.jpg

I totally forgot there used to be a pond over there too!

That's not KI... that's King's Dominion.

I wasn't posting it for accuracy :P

WindSeeker isn't my cup of tee because going in a circle doesn't sit well with me, but I will probably give it a try. Either way I am excited for the addition and hopeful that they will spend a little more money sprucing up coney mall like they did rivertown with DB. New paint for Racer please.

I think it's a great addition in the perfect location. Not my cup of tea at all but KI needs more "flats" (non-coaster thingies) more than they need coasters. BTW, I would have much rather had a new coaster but I don;t think that would have been the best thing for KI.

Sorry to interrupt the complainingsmile.gif

This is the first time I've been excited about a new attraction at KI. When Diamondback was built, I was terrified of coasters and couldn't care less. Now I'll be able to have the experience of following a new ride from when it is first announced to finally riding it!

I'm marking my calendars for opening day, as soon as I can find out when that is...

"OMG GUIZE IT'S NOT A COASTER WHICH MEANS IT'S NOT GONNA BE FUN AT ALLLL. IT DOESN'T HAVE LOOOOPS OR AIRTIME OR NETHANG."

Really now. We just got Diamondback two years ago and we're already complaining about not having a new roller coaster. Interesting.

This is perfect. I really couldn't be happier with the park (or CF, for that matter) with this addition. And I'm really surprised about the location! I didn't even know that spot exisited (let alone would be big enough for another flat)!

I don't get why everybody's "defending" Kings Island from the "coaster enthusiasts" I haven't seen a ton of people whine about it on this thread....

I think that some people expected more roller coasters, due to Cedar Fair buying the park, since that's what they are known for. Obviously, the economy is not condusive to that sort of expansion, especially since the park still has so much debt.

I'm not impressed by this ride, though I'll ride it and probably enjoy it. I could ride Diamondback all day long...so really don't care that they didn't add another coaster. I'm fully expecting SoB to be pulled down over the off season.

Im pretty excited, not only did we get this, but Knotts, CW, and CP. And all of them are the same height same ride. CF giving the equal rides out instead of just maxing one at CP shows they are not that bad of a company.