New for 2011 Windseeker!

Sergeant Pepper

Guest rcfreak339

^Yes and this area is also used for maintenance. I suspect the free google map web app to be wrong and not the expensive ride rendering.

^Yes and this area is also used for maintenance. I suspect the free google map web app to be wrong and not the expensive ride rendering.

Except this is the same expensive ride rendering that said Diamondback would have lush foliage and rocks in the splashdown lake and that Backlot Stunt Coaster would have lush gardens sprinkled throughout the ride area. :P

I would've preferred the ride to have a more clever name like Windstorm, Maelstrom, or Hurricane (or even awkwardly-spelled variations like WyndStorme or Hurrikana). But, as it stands, a second thrill ride that towers 300+ feet is IMPRESSIVE.

When CP added Skyhawk I was really disappointed, because it was a only a giant swing. I have to admit that I was wrong. That is a very cool ride. When I first looked at WindSeeker I thought the same thing and I think we will all be surprised at how much fun it will be. I am looking forward to riding it next year.

My sentiments exactly. Skyhawk is my absolute fav flat ride. I have the feeling WindSeeker will also be on my flat ride fav list.

Ride Placement, Im guessing will be either where the old laer tag building stood or flight commander/euro bungee area. Placement in Coney Mall is awesome and much needed at the back end of Coney Mall. Plus this ride actually is a new spin on a throwback barnstormer style rides of days gone past. Reminds me a great deal of the Barnstormer at Opryland, which was a bit unnerving and a focal point of that area. Honestly a great addition to an area of the park that has been neglected for so long.

This is pretty disappointing, i was pumped for a new coaster. Seriously though, it looks like a fun ride, just not a great one. Not something i will look forward to go riding this spring... When is Kings Island going to tap into all their unused land? When is Cedar Fair going to really start transforming the park like they have the potential to do? Wind Seeker is not a ride that will draw people to the park, it can only be defined simply as an accessory. Drop Tower is easily 10X more thrilling than spinning in circles high in the air... Really disappointing

I completely agree with you. This ride looks like it's not thrilling at all. Sure, it's 300 feet tall but all it does is go in circles. Basically it's an observation tower. I mean, Eiffel Tower is 300 feet tall. And thats not thrilling. Also, I HATE the name and color scheme. I don't see how people are gonna be like "Hey, let's ride WindSeeker" They should've built a Screamin' Swing instead. And to all those people who defend CF, I'M NOT SAYING THIS TO BE NEGATIVE AGAINST CF, ITS JUST MY OPINION!smile.gif

Guest rcfreak339

^300 feet is a lot different from standing behind metal bars with a steel platform underneath then being freely swung out there.

How this doesn't "thrill" some of you, is crazy.

Interesting addition...but $5 million for a giant swing?!?!?! Come on...talk about not spending money wisely.

I agree. A GCI woodie would of only cost about another million or two and would be so much better for everyone. A GCI would be marketed as a family ride but at the same time enthusiasts would love it. WindSeeker's actual ride experience is a family ride but being so high is marketed as a thrill ride even though it's not going to be too thrilling (unless your that afraid of heights).

A few things:

1: The ride looks great. It's a much needed addition to KI, we haven't had a good flat addition in a while.

2: Can anyone truly imagine what it's like to be suspended 300 feet in the air, with no floor, and just a lap bar? I'm not being a park cheerleader when I say that it actually seems scary and thrilling.

3: I talked with Don after the announcement, he said the ride placement would be near Vortex's exit, adjacent to the Euro Bobbles. It's still kinda vague, I think he means the old lazer dome.

I think the ride is a great addition to the park. Especially since that area of Coney Mall was often barren of attractions and foot traffic. I too, believe the ride will be located either on the old Flight Commander spot or on the piece of land vacated by the former laser tag/Cinema 180 building. Hopefully, some of the brick pavers that have found their way into Rivertown and Planet Snoopy can once again take up residence in part of Coney Mall next year as well.

Why is everyone complaining about the ride? Yes, it maybe a tall observation tower, but unlike the Eiffel Tower, you are only secured with a lap bar and are spinning around the tower at speeds of up to 30mph. And with a height of 301' it will be a big thrill for people. It will be a little more exciting than the Eiffel Tower, but not quite as scary as Drop Tower. How many people say that the Eiffel Tower is boring? I would venture to say that those same people would protest its removal.

I personally can`t wait to ride this ride. And at least its not like Cedar Point, which is placing the ride a mere stone`s throw away from their existing observation tower, and removing another ride to make room for the addition. By all accounts, Kings Island`s ride is going in a plot of land that does not have a ride currently (save for maybe an upcharge attraction), which means, as Mr. Butcher pointed out, that overall park capacity will increase at KI.

Guest PizzaBaby027

TAKEN TODAY!

IN FRONT OF OLD FLIGHT COMMANDER QUEUE

28ef45b6.jpg

I always wondered what that was there for. I just figured it was ether an employees only area or a haunt building for Halloween Haunt.

That is actually the office for Coney Mall carts, its where they bake the pretzels and make cotton candy, and its there office, just like Rivertown carts is the train station building, and Planet Snoopy carts is the Krab shack!!

Very much like the ride being placed in the Coney Mall area, which has been too long neglected. Would like to see them repave that area like they did Rivertown. ( Which I would imagine they will do-I bet there will be a complete facelift of the area.)

And, if I am not mistaken, the ride costs $2million, not $5 million. At either figure, I believe it will be an excellant investment.

Many moons ago, people on KI fan sites (before the day and age of this one) complained about a new addition called "Delirium" that was "only a swinging Frisbee." Almost everybody ate their words with that one.

I don't think that WindSeeker will be extremely thrilling, but I am still excited. I really enjoy the Zephyr because I find it relaxing and I think this will be similar in experience... just taken to an extreme.

Why is everyone complaining about the ride?

Do you really have to ask ;)

They are complaining because it isn't a Coaster. It isn't even built yet and no one has ridden it, yet they all just KNOW it is gonna suck, lol.

Reactions are pretty tame here compared to the crap being spewed on Facebook.

Why is everyone complaining about the ride?

Do you really have to ask ;)

They are complaining because it isn't a Coaster. It isn't even built yet and no one has ridden it, yet they all just KNOW it is gonna suck, lol.

Reactions are pretty tame here compared to the crap being spewed on Facebook.

That's the funny thing. No one "in the know" really thought it was going to be a coaster, so it's not like there's some sort of disappointment.

KI said the ride will open on April 30th (according to this article on Cincinnati.com: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100824/NEWS01/308240026/Kings-Island-unveils-new-ride). So does that mean that KI will open later than normal next season, or that the ride will not open immediately with the park? Either way, the article states that KI`s will be the first of the four WindSeekers to open.

I honestly don't get why people are mad that its not a coaster. I mean #1. Diamondback is not even 2 years old yet. Yes I am dying for an invert, floorless, or diving machine, but I have agreed with everyone when they've said "we need more flats". Diamondback is still a big draw to the park, and even Firehawk, the last coaster installation before Diamondback still remains very popular. I could always go for another coaster but I KNEW this was definitely not going to be a coaster! I mean look at all the prep work they did to get Diamondback to fit? IF they were putting in a new coaster we'd have seen some prep work by now! Also I knew realistically in this economy where Amusement park companies such as Cedar Fair and Six flags are struggling we're not going to see another 22/23 million dollar coaster going in after they just spent that in '08 putting Diamondback in! And #2 until Monday I thought we were getting NOTHING for 2011. This is a total surprise and a pleasant one at that. I think it'll be a fun ride and a great way to get a great view of the park!

A few things:

1: The ride looks great. It's a much needed addition to KI, we haven't had a good flat addition in a while.

2: Can anyone truly imagine what it's like to be suspended 300 feet in the air, with no floor, and just a lap bar? I'm not being a park cheerleader when I say that it actually seems scary and thrilling.

3: I talked with Don after the announcement, he said the ride placement would be near Vortex's exit, adjacent to the Euro Bobbles. It's still kinda vague, I think he means the old lazer dome.

Very nice thoughts Jackson. I could not agree more. I was not expecting anything for 2011, so what a nice surprise.

To want a coaster is one thing, but to be expecting a coaster that is being unrealistic, for next season anyway. Glad we are getting a nice cool ride for 2011. I will be in line for my 2011 season pass in a few weeks!

As for the person that said "this isn't like Zephyr 300 feet in the air, it's more like Linus Launcher" Your telling me Linus Launcher wouldn't be thrilling 300 feet off the ground?

When I first heard the rumor about Cedar Point getting a Star Flyer/ WindSeeker. I was talking to my sister about it and I even said that I wished Kings Island would get one of those, it sounds like a lot of fun, and thrilling too! If you think the ride is going to be boring and a waste of space, then by all means stay out of line when it opens so that us people that want to ride it don't have to wait as long. :P