New for 2011 Windseeker!

Sergeant Pepper

Guest rcfreak339

Why is everyone getting so hung up on the same type of ride argument? Do people not realize that almost every amusement park out there has an Eli Bridge Scrambler? Ie, Coney Island has one, Stricker`s has one, and Kings Island has one. Even Cedar Point has one as well. Scramblers have been around for decades. Do people find these rides boring? Some might, but they are still great family rides. They still draw lines and have their fans.

Best argument on here, you win.

I completely agree...

Six Flags does this a lot...I see no complaining there. Clones are everywhere in the Amusement industry...

Why is everyone getting so hung up on the same type of ride argument? Do people not realize that almost every amusement park out there has an Eli Bridge Scrambler? Ie, Coney Island has one, Stricker`s has one, and Kings Island has one. Even Cedar Point has one as well. Scramblers have been around for decades. Do people find these rides boring? Some might, but they are still great family rides. They still draw lines and have their fans.

Best argument on here, you win.

I completely agree...

Six Flags does this a lot...I see no complaining there. Clones are everywhere in the Amusement industry...

At least we can still rely on Disney for original... oh, wait. Nevermind. B)

So how tall is the rider level height? I know the tower is 301', but the swings do not go that high.

It is confusing; visitki says it is 301 feet tall, and guest soar at 300 plus feet??? The numbers do not add up. I believe WLWT stated that it would be the tallest ride in the park; but VKI says both ET and DT are both 315 feet. You can find one number on one page of VKI; and another number on another page.

So how tall is the rider level height? I know the tower is 301', but the swings do not go that high.

It is confusing; visitki says it is 301 feet tall, and guest soar at 300 plus feet??? The numbers do not add up. I believe WLWT stated that it would be the tallest ride in the park; but VKI says both ET and DT are both 315 feet. You can find one number on one page of VKI; and another number on another page.

Remember it is Cedar Fair, who had no intention of closing Geauga Lake, and who only raised food prices about a nickle when they bought KI......

Pretty sure that 301 feet will be the height of the very top of the tower. Actual ride height will be lower just like Drop Tower and even Eiffel Tower. If I remember correctly both are advertised as about 315' tall, but on ET the top platform is described as the 280' level and Drop Tower drops from less than 300'.

On the WindSeeker page, it is described as "a 301-foot-tall tower that will spin riders 30 stories above the park"

cant wait to ride.... only thing i'm even mildly disappointed about is the color scheme and possible lighting. star-flyers are absolutely stunning at night. the led lighting packages available on the tower and the "star" portion of the ride are nothing short of incredible. from the animation, all of the four rides will be painted the same (nothing unique, except for the k at knotts) and i fear the only lights we will see will be flood lights on the ground pointing up at the tower (like Drop Tower) which leaves a lot of potential on the table.

i hope i'm wrong and we see incredible lights on this new 300' tower!

Anybody else notice Son of Beast is missing from the flash animations?

Drop Tower is also missing from the animation.blink.gif

Actually Drop Tower is in the animation, it pans past it and it appears blurry, and extremely small. Same with Son of Beast... and they made it so it just doesn't go as high, maybe it's just a picture. Either way, look for SOB at the VERY beginning, you'll see the rose bowl. And when they have the POV you can see it pan by.

And we made predictions last year too. (I skimmed after awhile, so if it has been resolved... I'm sorry.

330u006.jpg

I think it'd be cool, after the queue with all the switch backs, to have an elevated pathway bordering the euro bubbles next to The Racer. You could watch a bunch of people tumbling and falling, watch The Racers... race by, or watch Firehawk from a new perspective!

And if you're going to say that it would confuse tourist by having the entrance so far away from the actual ride... Then they could have two pathways bordering the eruo bubbles. One heading towards the switch back queue; and one going towards the ride. And on off days they could have a switch back so you don't have to go back and fourth.

330u006.jpg

I think it'd be cool, after the queue with all the switch backs, to have an elevated pathway bordering the euro bubbles next to The Racer. You could watch a bunch of people tumbling and falling, watch The Racers... race by, or watch Firehawk from a new perspective!

And if you're going to say that it would confuse tourist by having the entrance so far away from the actual ride... Then they could have two pathways bordering the eruo bubbles. One heading towards the switch back queue; and one going towards the ride. And on off days they could have a switch back so you don't have to go back and fourth.

Look at the scale on the bottom of the image, keep in mind this ride is 110 ft. in diameter at swing so this ride has to have a fairly large base.

I think i change my mind on WindSeeker, before I thought that it looked really boring when I first saw it. I was mostly dissapointed because it wasn't a screamin' swing instead. But as I process the whole idea a little more it sounds like a blast. This happens every time KI gets a new ride. I have mixed thoughts about it. Plus, It's bringing a whole new flat ride concept to KI. (well, kind of). And maybe CF will install a Screamin' Swing some other year. Also, If they fix up The Crypt and install a screamin' swing. Kings Island would have not 1,not 2, not 3, not 4, but FIVE kick-but flats!smile.gif

I definitely do not think that they are going to remove the eurobubbles. They are new for this year, as has been mentioned, and they added the yellow fabric awning over the attraction just a month ago. With improvements to an attraction like that, I'd bet it's safe to say the eurobubbles are not leaving.

It says it in ki's releace and by the vantage point in the video and photos WindSeeker will be located next to Vortex's exit. Plus even if they did place it where Flight Commander used to be they couldn't reuse the complete queue since they will have to dig deep for the foundation to counter balance the towers hieght.

I think i change my mind on WindSeeker, before I thought that it looked really boring when I first saw it. I was mostly dissapointed because it wasn't a screamin' swing instead. But as I process the whole idea a little more it sounds like a blast. This happens every time KI gets a new ride. I have mixed thoughts about it. Plus, It's bringing a whole new flat ride concept to KI. (well, kind of). And maybe CF will install a Screamin' Swing some other year. Also, If they fix up The Crypt and install a screamin' swing. Kings Island would have not 1,not 2, not 3, not 4, but FIVE kick-but flats!smile.gif

Congrats you're the first one to make a turn around and it's not even built yet.

• Haha 1

It says it in ki's releace and by the vantage point in the video and photos WindSeeker will be located next to Vortex's exit. Plus even if they did place it where Flight Commander used to be they couldn't reuse the complete queue since they will have to dig deep for the foundation to counter balance the towers hieght.

I read the site and see the map but what does this picture show.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/_upload/galleries/WindSeeker_photo_gallery/KI_WindSeeker03.jpg

I read the site and see the map but what does this picture show.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/_upload/galleries/WindSeeker_photo_gallery/KI_WindSeeker03.jpg

http://kiDiamondback.com/_upload/photo_gallery/renderings/render_Splashdown.jpg

http://www.coaster-net.com/pics/paramountparks/ijstart1.jpg

What does these pictures show?

Don't always think renderings are 100% true.