New for 2011 Windseeker!

Sergeant Pepper

The very sentence before the one I quoted from the TOS:

Posting information that is not public record and could be damaging to the reputation, business and/or day to day operation of Kings Island or its affiliates is a violation of the terms of service.

Know also the park could and probably would file a civil action against you in a court of law should it consider itself damaged. The site would also release your IP information, etc., to Cedar Fair, also in the TOS.

You either are a morally trustable person or you ain't. It's really up to you.

So posting things that are true will damage the reputation of the park, well maybe if the park did things the proper way then if certain things were released then it wouldn't damage there reputation. I have many many many stories to tell about KI that could ruin there reputation as being the "Fun And Only", oh only if you knew how they treated the employees I bet your jaws would drop, but heres the thing I love the park too much to do such a thing also when I was hired I was signed to secrecy and even though I quit I still am signed to that secrecy, integrity declares that rule though I do not work for them any more, its the proper way to treat such situations. Just know you might want to hold back on backing up the park, if you knew what I did that wouldn't be to wise. "Never be loyal to something that is not loyal back"

(I'm sorry guys...I can't resist jumping on the action)

PizzaBaby027...Seeing your words posted here makes me sad! sad.gif I'll announce I've worked for PKI (hence my name), and to tell you the truth...I loved 'my' park. I'm sad that you're sad in every way about your ill feelings about KI. Even after the day I walked through the doors and never worked for them again at the end of the season, I still upheld my integrity, honor and pride knowing I came to work and did my very best. Day after Day, Week after Week...and so on. That's right I said it. I came to work everyday believing this was "MY" park and I was here to provide an honorable service. "To protect our guests, park employees and its' assets." That's right, everyday I took this code of arms to serve my park well. Believe-you-me. I saw things I wasn't proud of...not so much in my department but in many other depts in the park. Think about it. I got around. I walked everywhere, everyday....at all times. There is always room for improvement. Even for myself. Should I have another opportunity to work here again, which I would die for that chance, I would want you to think about what kind of damage you were causing between you, the employee who share the info and KI.

But what gets me you ask...is that you were 'signed to secrecy?' What?!? Not to blab about the "secret sauce" used in the pizza? or How about the mysterious Blue Dye No. 1 used in the blue but tasty ice cream cones? Everybody has secrets within that aren't to be told by companies you work for, whether you're still employeed with them or after you're long gone. (would you share dark secrets shared by a loved one to you alone on their death bed to everyone after their gone)? I hope that YOUR integrity would kick in...just like with whatever snuff you got on KI. Really, why would you harm KI and others who work for KI? I hoping that you didn't roll the head of your friend as I'm sure you might not have been thinking before you posted.

C'mon. I worked the park. I was security and one would think I should have had the "in's & out's" of this place. I'll tell you. I WASN'T SWORN TO SOME SECRET OATH. It's part of the honor and integrity that comes with your job. There were countless times we had celebrity guests in the park, but you didn't see me or any of my co-workers announcing it publicly. There were countless times that I didn't even know we had visitors until after they were long done and gone. I didn't even go home to tell my wife about who I met or whatever. We were let in on a "NEED TO KNOW BASIS"! Friend...I still have secrets AND pride in "MY" park because I loved it, took care of it and everyone within the perimeter because that's what I chose to do. Just like I'm sure you wanted to serve the perfect cone or the best cooked pizza. It's all the same.

It seems the grief you're holding deep inside friend is not to healthy, or you need to let it go or get some help. There isn't a perfect job, but when it came to KI, everyone I worked with from my position on up the chain, took pride in doing the right thing for the right situation. EVERYTIME. Take some time and think about what you are doing to yourself. Don't let this get you in trouble. Please. If you made up the info, announce it. Clear your name. If you didn't, you could possibly get someone who told you in some BIG trouble. Make a good decision about what you expressing.

Can't we all just get along?biggrin.gif

The very sentence before the one I quoted from the TOS:

Posting information that is not public record and could be damaging to the reputation, business and/or day to day operation of Kings Island or its affiliates is a violation of the terms of service.

Know also the park could and probably would file a civil action against you in a court of law should it consider itself damaged. The site would also release your IP information, etc., to Cedar Fair, also in the TOS.

You either are a morally trustable person or you ain't. It's really up to you.

So posting things that are true will damage the reputation of the park, well maybe if the park did things the proper way then if certain things were released then it wouldn't damage there reputation. I have many many many stories to tell about KI that could ruin there reputation as being the "Fun And Only", oh only if you knew how they treated the employees I bet your jaws would drop, but heres the thing I love the park too much to do such a thing also when I was hired I was signed to secrecy and even though I quit I still am signed to that secrecy, integrity declares that rule though I do not work for them any more, its the proper way to treat such situations. Just know you might want to hold back on backing up the park, if you knew what I did that wouldn't be to wise. "Never be loyal to something that is not loyal back"

See your post here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21806&view=findpost&p=384228

And before it becomes only the word HA:

Y'll seem to complain alot about a company that, well lets see provided Diamondback, Firehawk....snoopy starlight experience...Planet Snoopy....ect...and it happened how, by the way the company runs now.....and last time I checked this was a fan page not a complain like little baby's site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your words, exactly...so providing rides was quite enough to insulate Cedar Fair from any criticism here, in your opinion, less than three months ago. My, how things have changed...

According to you then, this was a fan site and not a place to complain about Cedar Fair site...

The hardest criticism usually comes from people who love it the most....or some other form of that quote.

I'm in no way defending PizzaBoy ("HA") but I am saying that critique does not mean dislike. If I were from anywhere else in the country I would probably hate Kings Island.....but I don't....I love it. I have no idea why but through all its many flaws I love it.

Anyhow, On with the show!

Interestingly enough, the people I have known over the years that loved Kings Island most all lived well outside the local area. Just as one of Great Adventure's biggest fans lives far, far from that park.

In any event, I, for one, can't wait til next year! Anyone who's been to the park recently seen any sign of new construction beginning yet?

i was there last sunday and made a trip to the end of coney mall just for that reason, to see any construction beginning, and i couldn't spot any from the ground level, or from the top of the Eiffel Tower, for that matter.

i'm adding pictures of the area up on photobucket as i type, as soon as they are loaded i'll add them to this post.

Construction on WindSeeker? None that I'm aware of. I was at the park yesterday and from the midway there is no construction visible, assuming it is going to the immediate left of Vortex's exit most of it is hidden by fences and trees. I wouldn't expect noticeable construction to begin for a while, considering the small footprint of the ride. It will be interesting though to watch it go up over the off-season.

In an unrelated note, is anyone else here anxious to see how well they landscape and rejuvinate the area near the new ride? I consider landscaping a large part of the amusement park experience and look forward to see what Kings Island does with it, if done correctly they can make quite a beautiful area back there!

wow, well that took longer than expected, so here are pictures of the opposite end of coney mall, via the Eiffel Tower:

KingsIsland068.jpg

KingsIsland067.jpg

KingsIsland065.jpg

i can't even notice anything different in the land there, but on a side note, the trees the park planted after removing the laser tag building have really grown. :) too bad that's where WindSeeker is being built, according to the animation.

Guest PizzaBaby027

Secrecy is a word...and it's spelled secrecy....

Terp, tryin' to help

Thank you. Now everyone please stop criticizing me or thinking that I am full of BS when I am indeed most of the time right about the stuff I say, if I wasn't I wouldn't post. Sometimes I post things I hear, some to be rumors but I make it be known that it is a rumor!!! Now I am done!!!!!!!

Although you said take it for what it's worth, Pizzaboy, you still shouldn't have posted that without a direct source. As a former employee of KI, I was told to never comment on rumors about the park, whether it be online or at the park. I still do not comment on rumors unless they are known to be sarcastic or an area of interest on my part.

Back to the subject of WindSeeker, I don't see any construction starting until after Haunt maybe not even until after the new year. I really hope they spruce up the area some more! :) I would be a fan of more trees, flowers, those little pinwheels (get it, wind?) :rolleyes: