The Windseeker Poll!

BeastForever

-Excited, its not the best ride, but easily the best thing I could hope for 2011.

-Not going Opening Day, so I cant ride it.

-No, screamin swings are nice, but I think this adds a nice new type of thrill to KI.

• Excited I guess is the best way to describe it, I'm not "ZOMFG GET ME ON THIS ASAP" Like I was with Diamondback, but I'm not bored with it. It's a good addition and I'm looking forward to it.
  • It'll probably be one of the first things I do that day.
  • I think they both look good, but I like this one a bit better.

Overall, good job KI! :)

i'm excited, but like jackson said, not near as pumped as i was for Diamondback.

if i get to go opening day, i'll try my hardest to get a ride on it.

and the last question, i love screamin' swings, so i voted yes, but i don't really know for sure, i'll have to wait and ride it before i decide if it's a better thrill than a screamin' swing.

On Opening Day it will be a VERY cold ride, unless the weather is unseasonably warm. Also, this thing is going to be a capacity nightmare, as pointed out in other threads, and that will be worse early in the season. So, right now, I'm leaning toward skipping it on Opening Day, but you never know until you get there......

I'm excited for it. It isn't going to be the best ride that Kings Island has ever had, but it's nice to see a flat ride like it at Coney Mall.

I won't be there opening day, but I usually go the weekend after. It's my favorite time of year to go (perfect crowds, temperature, ect). After making up for lost time on The Beast and Diamondback (ERT) I'll be waiting for the ropes to drop by The Beast. It will probably be my third ride that day.

EDIT: As for a Screaming Swing, I've never been the biggest fan of Skyhawk. I rode it opening year and the year after but after that you could take or leave the ride without me caring too much. To me there just isn't that much to be exited about. It's essentially a pirate ride on a sugar high... I prefer Giant Frisbees since they do more than just swing, and they last a lot longer.

I think that this new ride will be the perfect addition to both Cedar Point and Kings Island.

On Opening Day it will be a VERY cold ride, unless the weather is unseasonably warm. Also, this thing is going to be a capacity nightmare, as pointed out in other threads, and that will be worse early in the season. So, right now, I'm leaning toward skipping it on Opening Day, but you never know until you get there......

Why a capacity nightmare? It has a higher capacity then Drop Tower and Delirium combined. It shouldn't be that bad, it will be like adding two flat rides with low capacitys.

Why a capacity nightmare? It has a higher capacity then Drop Tower and Delirium combined. It shouldn't be that bad, it will be like adding two flat rides with low capacitys.

How on earth do you figure that?

WindSeeker holds 64 riders (32 dual seats)

Drop Tower holds 40 riders

Deliruim hold 50 riders

I'm excited. It looks like a fun ride and should be a great addition to that section of the park. I will likely ride it opening day, though it depends on the weather. No, I wouldn't rather have a Screamin' Swing. We've already got Delirium and I think a Screamin' Swing would probably offer a somewhat similar ride experience. I also don't know where the park would put a Screamin' Swing.

On Opening Day it will be a VERY cold ride, unless the weather is unseasonably warm.  Also, this thing is going to be a capacity nightmare, as pointed out in other threads, and that will be worse early in the season.  So, right now, I'm leaning toward skipping it on Opening Day, but you never know until you get there......

WindSeeker's max hourly capacity is 1,280 people. Delirium and Drop Tower have a hourly capacity of 500-600 people. Ride capacity won't be a problem with this ride.

WindSeeker's max hourly capacity is 1,280 people. Delirium and Drop Tower have a hourly capacity of 500-600 people. Ride capacity won't be a problem with this ride.

It has a three minute ride time and 64 seats. The capacity is 1280 only if it takes zero minutes and zero seconds to unload and load the ride. Do the math. In other words, don't believe everything the park puts on the Internet!

WindSeeker holds 64 riders (32 dual seats)

Drop Tower holds 40 riders

Deliruim hold 50 riders

So 64 riders is more than 40 and 50 combined? I really, truly am left speechless.

On Opening Day it will be a VERY cold ride, unless the weather is unseasonably warm.  Also, this thing is going to be a capacity nightmare, as pointed out in other threads, and that will be worse early in the season.  So, right now, I'm leaning toward skipping it on Opening Day, but you never know until you get there......

It has a three minute ride time and 64 seats.  The capacity is 1280 only if it takes zero minutes and zero seconds to unload and load the ride.  Do the math.  In other words, don't believe everything the park puts on the Internet!

So it would be around a 1000ish? Still higher then both of them put together.